NCAA Final Report / Penalties For Tarheels NOON FRIDAY

Thai Domi

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/ncaa-to-release-final-report-on-unc-tomorrow-finally/

382.gif

Now we'll find out what kind of backbone the NCAA has.

Not UNC, but I saw this on Rivals and popped.

Q3WlViu.jpg

Lettuce be honest anyhow, nothing will happen to UNC basketball.

I remember watching this when I was in high school. 48 hours was a lot like 60 minutes in it's first year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6666914/?ref_=ttep_ep8

Awesome comparison between Duke and NC state basketball. Best part is Duke players are stressed going to class. NC state players are in classes like "introduction to Leisure activities". All 5 people in the class were athletes.

Did you really think they were gonna get the golden goose?

If only Uconn sent some of they're players to fraudulent classes in the mid/late 2000's like UNC had been doing since the early 90s to easily maintain high passing grades for players, they wouldn't have been retroactively banned for a bogus APR ruling that kept them out of the 2013 Tournament.

Ah yes... the 2013 Tournament, when The Honorable Rick Pitino led his prestigious Louisville squad to a National Championship. Also a year lost and squandered for a talented roster that went on to win the National Championship the following year in 2014, and still returned most players who experienced winning it in 2011.

If Boeheim sent Fab Melo(rip) to fake classes, instead of a helping tutor, to keep a retard player eligible who can't read like UNC has been doing, The Nose Picker likely wouldn't have vacated 100+ career wins and Melo wouldve been eligible to play in the tournament when Cuse a 1 seed that desperately relied on him at center in 2012.

NCAA is kewl, fair and logical on the matter of academic eligibility.<Oku04>

A- Term Paper by Julius Peppers

spdl1uY-1-628x347.jpg

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/unc-skates-issue-ncaa-torched-georgia

UNC skates on same issue on which NCAA torched Georgia
chip_towers_baludi.jpg

Chip Towers
@ChipTowersDN
Posted 18 hours ago
ATHENS – The University of North Carolina is good at this cheating stuff. So is Auburn, it seems.

Georgia, not so much. The Bulldogs must suck at cheating. We’ll get to that in a minute.

Meantime, you may have heard, the Tar Heels skated again. Yeah, for a few years now we’ve been told how the NCAA was about to bring the hammer down on this regal basketball program for the prolonged and systemic act of academic fraud. We even were led to believe that the NCAA was going to make an example of the Tar Heels by making its announcement regarding the years-long investigation specifically this Friday because that was the same day North Carolina planned to hoist its latest basketball national championship banner in its gymnasium.

Instead, the NCAA informed us Friday it “could not conclude North Carolina violated NCAA rules.” Oh, its report validated accusations that the school’s athletes, primarily men’s basketball players, had been steered for years toward a bunch of bogus online classes in African Studies that helped keep them eligible. It was confirmed that these courses were “independent study” and required no tests or actual attendance and that basketball players took them by the dozens from 2002 to 2011. Apparently, the practice had been going on for years before that.

Here is what the NCAA said about that:

“While student-athletes likely benefited from the courses, so did the general student body. Additionally, the record did not establish that the university created and offered the courses as part of a systematic effort to benefit only student-athletes.”

Oh, really? Is that right?

So, just to get this straight, the worthless courses that these basketball players were taking to maintain their eligibility were NOT a violation of NCAA rules because regular students also took them. OK. Got it.

HarrickAJC_ohwq6u.jpg

Former Georgia coach Jim Harrick always maintained that his son violated no rules by teaching a course on basketball strategies and principles. The NCAA called it “academic fraud.” (AJC file photo)
I bet Jim Harrick and Georgia basketball fans might like to hear a little more about that.

You might recall, the Bulldogs got burned badly about a similar issue. Only, basketball players weren’t routinely earning degrees in what amounted to be a bogus major.

No, UGA’s basketball program was pretty much torched because Jim Harrick Jr., Harrick’s son and an assistant for the basketball team, taught a physical education course for one semester that counted for one hour of credit called “Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball.”

You’ll no doubt remember it because so many people – including late-night talk-show hosts — had fun with one of the questions on Harrick Jr.’s final exam for that class. It was: “How many points is a 3-point shot worth?”

A lot of people got a big laugh out of that at Georgia’s expense. But the Harricks always maintained that no wrongs were committed with that course because the roll included only three basketball players and about 100 other regular students. And the reason everybody got such a big laugh out of that joke of a question included on that exam is because that’s exactly what Harrick Jr. intended it to be — a joke!

Meanwhile, everybody in the class received an A for the course. Not just the basketball players but everybody. So it wasn’t like UGA basketball players were enjoying an extra benefit.

Yet the NCAA denied UGA’s appeal of the case and went on to issue a seven-year show-cause order against Harrick Jr.

“Given the serious violations affirmed above, we find that the seven-year, show-cause order was neither excessive nor inappropriate,” the appeal committee said in its report.

As a result of that decision, UGA had to vacate 30 wins – 11 from January on of the 2002 season and all 19 from the 2002-03 season – for playing what the NCAA deemed were ineligible players during that span. Meanwhile, Harrick resigned, and Georgia basketball became a dumpster fire that Dennis Felton was charged with putting out over the next three seasons.

We’re told the reason the Bulldogs were hammered so hard was that the school admitted academic fraud. They thought they were doing the honorable thing and going to earn some leniency and respect from the NCAA by admitting wrongdoing. It could have been worse, then-president Michael Adams and the UGA legal team bragged to us.

The difference, I’ve been led to believe on Friday, is that North Carolina never admitted to academic fraud. The whole basis of the Tar Heels’ legal argument was these crip courses were offered to any student who wanted to sign up for them.

Of course, it was just Georgia basketball we were talking about then. Right?

In this latest case, however, the defendant is North Carolina, one of the greatest and most storied basketball programs. The Tar Heels are major players every year in the NCAA’s biggest moneymaker of all, the NCAA basketball tournament. The Tar Heels’ following and all the revenue they produce are just too valuable to their bottom line to take them out of the equation even for a year. That’s sure what it looks like.

I’m sure the NCAA will jump on its high horse and say none of that had anything to do with this. Then again, I’m not sure why we should ever listen to anything the NCAA has to say again.

I sincerely wonder, could there be a more toothless organization than the NCAA Enforcement staff? It’s a joke. That’s especially true when it comes to the area of academics, which we’re repeatedly told is the whole reason for the organization’s existence.

Remember when UGA football was burned to the ground because of the academic practices revealed by Jan Kemp in the 1980s? Apparently that was way back when the NCAA actually still had teeth.

It must have lost them sometime between then and 2000. That’s when we heard the shocking accusations leveled at Tennessee by former professor Linda Bensel-Meyers. Remember that name? Well, nothing ever came of that that I can recall.

And I’m sure the same result can be expected at Auburn, which is investigating accusations that at least one tutor took exams for at least one football player.

After all, very little ever has stuck on Auburn over the last several years, even though the NCAA seems to pull in there like it’s a bus stop. There were the Cameron Newton allegations in 2010, of which nothing ever came. Now the Tigers find themselves at the center of the basketball shoe company scandal, and there’s also a serious softball controversy they’re dealing with.

I doubt anything will come of those situations, either. Certainly not if the NCAA is involved. Or Georgia.

UNC should've definitely been punished for cheating the system.

That being said, I'm a Tarheel fan, so...

<8>

A- Term Paper by Julius Peppers

spdl1uY-1-628x347.jpg
See shit like this makes me think at what point are these athletes having fake grades given to them? Because literally if I turned in that one paragraph shit that looks like a retard wrote it in 7th or 8th grade for a final paper I would have gotten an F. So how did he even get through 9th grade, let alone get to college with this sort of academic ability?

Dude can't even preform at a Jr. High level lmao.

Though I will say in college I read/helped out a lot of Chinese/international students and their writing was awful and was basically broken english and I always wondered how they were passing classes as well, hell most had great GPAs. I guess most majored in math/science areas though.

I remember watching this when I was in high school. 48 hours was a lot like 60 minutes in it's first year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6666914/?ref_=ttep_ep8

Awesome comparison between Duke and NC state basketball. Best part is Duke players are stressed going to class. NC state players are in classes like "introduction to Leisure activities". All 5 people in the class were athletes.

If a sixth student signed up for the class, would he/she be rejected?

Forget NCAA violations.

If it is proven that students were given grades for work they did not do, and the university knew about it.....can UNC lose their accreditation?

If a sixth student signed up for the class, would he/she be rejected?

I don't remember but it might not have even been in the student calendar, or they had a size limit. It was just stupid, the intro to leisure activities was a class about how to make better use of your free time.

Back