Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Man, imagine going through boot again after being out for so long and being so much older than any of the DIs. I sometimes get a wild hair about joining the Army on an option 40 contract but I'd have to go through ALL of boot since it's been 14 years.

ya.....the Hardest part would probably be avoiding injury especially if you aren't getting sleep.

what is the option 40?....and why would you have to go through Bootcamp if you already passed?

Thanks......as a Prior Service Marine I won't go to BMT ( Air Force Bootcamp)..

I just go to a week long Orientation course....then to Battlefield Airmen course then to Tech school
Forgot about that part. That will probably help you out though. Not going through boot you won't lose any fitness that you have gained training for EOD.

No waiver...age limit is 39 .....minus my 4 years active Duty ....I'm still Good to Go....

I keep my Rank E - 5

I retired from the AF after 24 years of AD (MSgt). I did Pharmacy though. Good luck man!

Aim High and here's a bit of advice my uncle gave me before I joined at 17...

"Your attitude WILL affect your altitude."

Forgot about that part. That will probably help you out though. Not going through boot you won't lose any fitness that you have gained training for EOD.

ya...many Spec Op afsc ( returning from BMT and going to Prep coarse)guys said they lost a lot of strength and suffered on Pushups + pullups.....run times improved but they were weaker overall.

Last edited:
I retired from the AF after 24 years of AD (MSgt). I did Pharmacy though. Good luck man!

Aim High and here's a bit of advice my uncle gave me before I joined at 17...

"Your attitude WILL affect your altitude."

Rgr that MSgt!...Thank You

ya.....the Hardest part would probably be avoiding injury especially if you aren't getting sleep.

what is the option 40?....and why would you have to go through Bootcamp if you already passed?
Option 40 guarantees you a spot in RASP after boot and MOS school.

Option 40 guarantees you a spot in RASP after boot and MOS school.
Rgr..

( I looked it up) sounds Hard Core...

"The training curriculum was specifically designed to "smoke" the trainees through endless punishment via constant physical training. In the second week of RASP, the class is sent to "Cole Range"; a remote training area of Fort Benning. It is designed to test the individual to their breaking point both physically and mentally; trainees sleep on average 4 hours total throughout Cole Range "

that would F alot guys up!

There's a new show on The CW called Valor about the Night Stalkers and it's about as cringe-worthy and you'd imagine (including multiple Hooahs during sex and of course some hot model looking chick who just so happens to be a pilot).

just submitted my paperwork to add stepchild and spouse to my compensation rating.

extra $200 a month here i come

I came into the Army as a SPC in bootcamp

so I actually did skip 'LCPl' or "PFC' for us hahaha

DS's hated that shit, so of course I was voluntold to lead everything

I came into the Army as a SPC in bootcamp

so I actually did skip 'LCPl' or "PFC' for us hahaha

DS's hated that shit, so of course I was voluntold to lead everything
Did you have 60+ credit hours or a bachelor's?

Did you have 60+ credit hours or a bachelor's?
a Bachelors
also got the hi grad enlistment bonus (8k) on top of the 20k signing bonus, Student Loan Repayment Plan, and being stationed in Germany

I sneakily had one of the greatest enlistment options of all times and shit

a Bachelors
also got the hi grad enlistment bonus (8k) on top of the 20k signing bonus, Student Loan Repayment Plan, and being stationed in Germany

I sneakily had one of the greatest enlistment options of all times and shit
Were you able to choose your actual MOS and not just the general field?

yes, I chose between the 3 that had the highest bonus that month (well besides 18x option): fueler, cook, and motor t/truck driver.

I chose fueler
How many people joining the Army get to do that? Talk about a huge advantage over USMC recruiting (only nasty reservists can pick their actual job).

How many people joining the Army get to do that? Talk about a huge advantage over USMC recruiting (only nasty reservists can pick their actual job).
AFAIK there are no open contracts in the Army, you always know your MOS before going to BCT

Also, you don't go to BCT and then wait at your MOS school location for class to start like they do here at MCCESS MAAT. They simply wait to ship you to bootcamp, so when you graduate you'll head right to your next class at MOS school

a few differences here and there.

I also went to FT Jackson, we had women literally in our platoon. IOW, it was a joke

AFAIK there are no open contracts in the Army, you always know your MOS before going to BCT

Also, you don't go to BCT and then wait at your MOS school location for class to start like they do here at MCCESS MAAT. They simply wait to ship you to bootcamp, so when you graduate you'll head right to your next class at MOS school

a few differences here and there.

I also went to FT Jackson, we had women literally in our platoon. IOW, it was a joke
So everyone can choose their specific job and not just that field? For example, 0300 in the USMC is infantry and you have 0311 rifleman, 0331 machine gunner, 0341 mortarman, etc. You can enlist 0300 but not the specific job unless you're a reservist. You're saying that in the Army, someone not only can enlist 11X infantry but they can choose between 11B or 11C?

So everyone can choose their specific job and not just that field? For example, 0300 in the USMC is infantry and you have 0311 rifleman, 0331 machine gunner, 0341 mortarman, etc. You can enlist 0300 but not the specific job unless you're a reservist. You're saying that in the Army, someone not only can enlist 11X infantry but they can choose between 11B or 11C?
Yes, i was in an IN unit and unless its changed they do OSUT all at benning, the mortars seperate from the bravos after the boot camp portion and they know which one before entering

Back