Anyone remember the Mike Pence outrage about only eating with his wife?

People saying Pence is weird and out dated ways, yet they wonder why divorce rates are so high. If that's how Pence likes to operate who gives a shit.

If he was some rapper with multiple children from multiple different women that he has nothing to do with, who beats the crap out of a string of girlfriends, has a long rap sheet for domestic abuse and raps about 'bitches' and 'ho's', the entertainment industry and their drones would love him and portray him as some kind of role model.

'Liberals', especially in Hollywood, the entertainment industry and msm, love preaching to the rest of us but when it comes to actual morals and actual values they aren't even gutter level.

I could say the same of church leaders and the Republican and Democratic parties.

Perhaps the lesson here is that power is corrupting, and people are very fallible, and not that Bette Midlers tweet is some incite into a certain ideological groups hypocrisy.

I could say the same of church leaders and the Republican and Democratic parties.

Perhaps the lesson here is that power is corrupting, and people are very fallible, and not that Bette Midlers tweet is some incite into a certain ideological groups hypocrisy.

These people exist in all walks of life but I don't think anyone could deny that the the entertainment industry especially is full to the brim with holier than thou, sanctimonious hypocrites. I'm sure Bette Midler, in her time in Hollywood, has happily worked with guys who do slightly worse things than not go to dinner alone with women who aren't their wives.

These people exist in all walks of life but I don't think anyone could deny that the the entertainment industry especially is full to the brim with holier than thou, sanctimonious hypocrites. I'm sure Bette Midler, in her time in Hollywood, has happily worked with guys who do slightly worse things than not go to dinner alone with women who aren't their wives.

More so than politicians?

I have a lot more disdain for the media than I do Hollywood. I think they are two separate groups btw.

Although I will agree that very few would think it wise to take moral advice from people who go to coke orgies on yachts.

More so than politicians?

I have a lot more disdain for the media than I do Hollywood. I think they are two separate groups btw.

The mainstream media and most of the entertainment industry are just the propaganda wings of the political establishment. They are all one in the same, bought and paid for by the same clique of corporate globalists.

The problem with Pence’s position isn’t the way he handles his personal affairs it’s that it potentially influences who he hires, promotes and listens to on issues. Having one of the most powerful men in politics saying that only men can chat him up on issues or go golfing or have a beer with hi, puts women at a disadvantage.

Ok, so how do we go from him not eating lunch/dinner with other women to him not listening to women or hiring/promoting them? You do understand that These are complete separate topics?

Honestly, no.
It's not the sort of "story" I would have given even a moment's worth of time.

Very much commendable. Pence is halal.

In the light of the #MeToo campaign, a lot of women fakes their story.

One woman in Sweden claimed to have been raped by her bosses and they recorded the crime and showed it to her and every staff in company on a big screen during a staff meeting. Sounds very likely...

It’s a good way for Pence and other people that might become a target for accusations to minimize the risks by not being alone other women.

Is Sweden really this bad? People losing jobs?

https://www.aftenposten.no/kultur/i/8bPqG/Frykter-gapestokk-kultur-etter-metoo-avsloringene

he have point. no true religious person of any of major religion would go out way to be alone with opposite sex if they is married in these setting. we humans not default to be monogamous, bible know this. there is lust and stuff within all us. you minimize chance cheat for when you take action.

goes same for women.

lol at men who got wives as flight attendants, or who fly around and stay in hotels with male coworkers and not think they cheating.

Ok, so how do we go from him not eating lunch/dinner with other women to him not listening to women or hiring/promoting them? You do understand that These are complete separate topics?
You are naïve if you think that those are separate topics, particularly in politics.

How often do you think that lobbying is done while eating lunch/dinner? How often do you think it is done by trying to get an important person, like a Vice President of the United States, alone in a conversation?

There's a lot of warped posters on the first page circle jerking over the mass delusion that there was "liberal outrage" over Pence's personal marriage practices.

No, there was no outrage. A few made fun of him. None of the posters involved in the circle jerk can find a post of anyone outraged over Pence on this one.

If you really think there was some big outrage over this story earlier this year you should do some deep introspection about why it is you are seeing things about your political opponents that don't exist, and what that says about you if you choose to continue living your life making these sorts of things up in your head.

Not a fan of Pence, but this seems pragmatic, actually. Even in a business setting, one on one dates with the opposite sex leave the possibility open on the table - especially in the world of politics. Humans are unpredictable, jealousy is real and sometimes things *do* "just happen". It's hard to come by long standing marriages, these days.

Also, what are the odds that an in-your-face Evangelical Christian would decide to cheat with someone of the opposite sex. Not sure about Pence, but overall it might be better to switch that policy to never being alone with someone of the same sex for that demographic.

The problem with Pence’s position isn’t the way he handles his personal affairs it’s that it potentially influences who he hires, promotes and listens to on issues. Having one of the most powerful men in politics saying that only men can chat him up on issues or go golfing or have a beer with hi, puts women at a disadvantage.

Except that doesn't appear to be the case. I know it's hard to believe, but you can work with and promote someone without going to lunch with them alone.

Jen Pavlik – former congressional aide who will be Pence’s deputy chief of staff.

Sarah Makin – former congressional aide who will be director of public engagement and intergovernmental affairs for Pence

Andeliz Castillo – will be deputy director of public engagement and intergovernmental affairs for Pence.

Army Col. Andrea Thompson (ret.) - will be Pence's national security adviser.

Its beyond strange,

First off it confirms how morally weak he and those who agree with him think they are.

Second and more concerning, such a rule has to impact who you promote, chose as vendors and business partners, etc.

So as usual we see weak religious people making their weakness others problems which is sad.

1st off it could be that he does it out of appearance sake and not because he's afraid he'll pounce on the chick.

2nd off he's got women on his staff, he just doesn't go to lunch with them alone.

So as usual we have politically-left posters jumping to conclusions and making assumptions that aren't correct.

Last edited:
im a married atheist and I try not to be alone with other girls. it doesnt seem like a bad rule to have if you wanna stay married. Its easy to get carried away in a moment and there arent time machines

Makes sense. A lot of temptation out there

What the fuck? Do you guys seriously have that much lack of self control, willpower, decency or respect that you can’t be alone with a woman without “being tempted” or “get carried away”?

I’ve been with my wife 11 years but I still occasionally go grab coffee, lunch or dinner with some of my women friends to catch up and visit. Sometimes my wife comes along and sometimes she doesn’t if she’s got something else going on.

I never worry about it because I love my wife and I take my wedding vows seriously.

Bunch of fucking would-be Harvey Weinsteins around here, Jesus.

<{hughesimpress}>

Smart move by Pence.

If you don't want to be accused of impropriety, don't put yourself in compromising positions.

My wife and I observe similar behavior out of love and respect for each other.

I don't think that qualifies as "love and respect" honestly. Saying that suggests that if you had a work meeting or dinner with a woman then that would not be loving or respectful towards your wife and that is wrong.

I think you do out of fear and weakness as you are basically saying your commitment to each is that frail and weak that it needs this type of barrier to protect it.

I remember this. Then the left lied and said he wanted to use shock therapy on all homosexuals. LOL

I don't know what's worse, the msm blatantly, flat out lying like that, or the fact so many people actually swallow their bullshit. Pence never said anything close to that but that didn't matter, the very definition of fake news.

....so you're joining the retard club? Where in my post did I state, interpret or comment on what Mike Pence said? My post was very clearly about the replies to the story. Try to keep up.
That wasn’t a level headed answer, he fabricated what Mike Pence actually and you’re quoting it trying to prove your point.

There's a lot of warped posters on the first page circle jerking over the mass delusion that there was "liberal outrage" over Pence's personal marriage practices.

No, there was no outrage. A few made fun of him. None of the posters involved in the circle jerk can find a post of anyone outraged over Pence on this one.

If you really think there was some big outrage over this story earlier this year you should do some deep introspection about why it is you are seeing things about your political opponents that don't exist, and what that says about you if you choose to continue living your life making these sorts of things up in your head.
Maybe a simple google search would do you some good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back