Need to lose about 2lbs by next Saturday

andrewm2211

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my first competition coming up next Saturday. I need to lose about 2lbs still to make it. I'm 6'1 and need to weigh in at 194.5(in the gi) on the day.

So my plan is to (continue) eating clean and a little less than normal, which has been working. And train Mon-Thurs, so I can rest Friday. Weigh ins for my division are at 3 in the afternoon. I feel this is unfortunate because I'll be afraid to eat/drink most of the day.

Curious if you have any tips for me. And what do you eat on the day of the comp when you are just on the threshold of the weight you need to be at. What do you recommend consuming after the weigh ins? I'm thinking something like the naked juice protein drink has protein/carbs/sugar. And being liquid would be fairly light, so I won't barf.

Bro you could lose 2 pounds in an hour in the sauna.

The only thing you'll lose by starving and dehydrating yourself a couple days before the fight is the fight itself.

Last edited:
Stop eating carbs from now on.

Weight yourselves. In the morning.

Then on the day of the comp. You will be fine.

lbs are easy to lose, just do a good cardio session.

You could lose 2 pounds in an hour in the sauna bro.

Nothing worse than starving and dehydrating yourself before it's fight day.

Isn't thays just dehydrating myself though?

Yeah I agree though I'm not starving myself. But instead of a side of fries I get the side salad etc. and inbetween meals I'm only snacking on dried fruit.

I lose 5lbs a practice and Im 50lbs less. Stay an extra half hour the last practice before and get a few extra rolls in.

Thanks for the tips guys.
What do you do for eating on the day?

Honestly you should just move up a weight class. 2 lbs in a week is borderline insane.

Hi all,

Got my first competition coming up next Saturday. I need to lose about 2lbs still to make it. I'm 6'1 and need to weigh in at 194.5(in the gi) on the day.

So my plan is to (continue) eating clean and a little less than normal, which has been working. And train Mon-Thurs, so I can rest Friday. Weigh ins for my division are at 3 in the afternoon. I feel this is unfortunate because I'll be afraid to eat/drink most of the day.

Curious if you have any tips for me. And what do you eat on the day of the comp when you are just on the threshold of the weight you need to be at. What do you recommend consuming after the weigh ins? I'm thinking something like the naked juice protein drink has protein/carbs/sugar. And being liquid would be fairly light, so I won't barf.

Don’t eat any carbs 3 days before weigh in. Stick with low salt protein sources and low starch veggies in tiny amounts to keep hunger at bay NO FRUIT. Plenty of water

Then after weigh in, eat a very light meal that has both carbs and protein, nothing crazy in it like sour cream and chives etc....

You should lose pounds rather easily on this glycogen depeleting regimen.

* there will be “carbs” in low starch veggies but not enough to impact weight loss.

Also make sure you’re using the lightest gi possible that you feel comfortable in. I haven’t been keeping up to date on gi’s But Vulkan made good, light weight gi’s years back.

Cut fruit for breakfast, couple of handfuls of Almonds for lunch and a bag of Trader Joe's organic baby kale in a salad for dinner. Guaranteed you'll lose 2lbs and be able to carb up for comp day energy.

There were weeks last spring Pre op where I'd drop 2 to 4lbs with just 20 mile cycle ride for exercise.

Should be a victory lap 4 U!

When you're in the 190-200 range

2 pounds is only a well timed shit

Ended up just substantially reducing carbs( had a little rice). And reducing portions substansially but still eating enough that it was more a diet as opposed to a weight cut. Was able to eat a nice breakfast, and drink water the day of, and was still 4lbs under.

Ended up just substantially reducing carbs( had a little rice). And reducing portions substansially but still eating enough that it was more a diet as opposed to a weight cut. Was able to eat a nice breakfast, and drink water the day of, and was still 4lbs under.
And how did the tournament go. Did you get your free shirt

And how did the tournament go. Did you get your free shirt
And did u get to smash guys who were legit in that weight class?

I realised how much I hate weight cutting sandbaggers after thinking about how hard it was to get back to my natural weight Pre op!

I feel like I am legit on that weight class. The limit was 194.5 in the gi. When I started dieting I was 198 or so with the gi on. And I didn't weight cut I never sweat anything out or dehydrated myself. I just ate really clean.

To answer both you guys I got wrecked in the first round. Was my first tourney and mentally I wasn't there. I wasn't assertive with my game. Instead of focusing on being aggressive I was just scared of losing.

Was glad to get the first tournament out of the way . Looking back on it, it's not such a big deal, just another roll. So hopefully my mind is clearer next time

Just eat less like 700 calories a day. I also tried eating 300 calories a day and working out for 2 hours. I lost a kilo a day

Back