Locked Stranger Things (Season 2 Premieres Oct. 27, 2017)

How would you rate season one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually just watched the first episode of season 1 last night for the first time. After seeing the comments I’m thinking maybe I shouldn’t bother. Sounds like it becomes pretty nonsensical.

Can’t get over how much Natalia Dyer looks like Mia Sara though.

661f2f3cc19aa566532bb023c15b6352--natalia-dyer-character-inspiration.jpg

images

I actually just watched the first episode of season 1 last night for the first time. After seeing the comments I’m thinking maybe I shouldn’t bother. Sounds like it becomes pretty nonsensical.

First season is great by itself, regardless of what they fucked up in season 2. At worst, season 2 just felt like they didn't know how to continue the story. Don't let that stop you from checking out season 1, which other than a cheap cliffhanger at the very end, is wrapped up well enough to stand alone.

Nancy could get it.

Season 1 episode 1 Dustin offers her some pizza, all I could think when she turned it down was "I've never seen any one more in need of a slice of pizza".

It looks like a strong wind could pick up that girl and carry her off never to be seen again.

Alright series turned shit, as per usual. Could have built on a fairly solid first season, but welp.

Poor Will though, boy's gonna need decades of therapy after two seasons of bad CGI being all up in his business.

Wrong. As much as I dislike heretic he's totally right. Just look at IT. set in the 80s, not that good, and getting a lot of hype. It's a thing right now as 80s babies are coming into power in Hollywood.

They set IT in the 80s cos the sequel needs to be when the kids are grown up in the present day.

Or it could have to do with the first 5 episodes being slow as shit, the total throwaway episode number 7, and the numerous plot holes.

Yeah it was pretty slow, I don't hate that tho. I agree that episode 7 felt out of place. Which plot holes are you talking about?

Alright series turned shit, as per usual. Could have built on a fairly solid first season, but welp.

Poor Will though, boy's gonna need decades of therapy after two seasons of bad CGI being all up in his business.

I had the total opposite of seeing this season. I'm only up to episode 6 but its fucking solid

*****SPOILERS*****
Mods don't fucking merge this thread. This is a srs scathing review that will be lost in the general thread ( which btw is so dead it's not even on page 1 despite the fresh release of the season)

1) very very slow for the first 5 episodes (out of 9 total)

2) Episode 7 is a total throwaway episode.

Right as things are getting intense we have 11 going to Chicago to meet up with her psychic "sister". The season opens showing this other psychic chick. The rest of the season continues to allude to her. The viewer is lead to believe she's going to have some sort of major impact or role in the finality of the season. NOPE. Nothing comes of it. She's a loser criminal. They part ways, nothing comes of it. Complete fucking waste of an arc and episode time.

3) The group determines the creatures from the upside down are some sort of a hive mind. Yet Dustin is able to communicate with "Dart" and Dustin and the group are able to get by him with no problems??? WTF THIS MAKES NO SENSE. DART ISN'T AN INDIVIDUAL. YOU CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH HIM. HE'S PART OF A HIVE MIND. WTF???

4) How did "Dart" the baby demigorgon evolve so fast and then all of a sudden THEY ALL STOP EVOLVING AND NEVER REACH THEIR FINAL FORM OVER MULTIPLE EPISODES. What the fuck man this makes no sense.

5) All of the trailers and the entire season allude to a final confrontation with the giant shadow monster. Yet we're left with nothing but a plot/confrontation against mini versions of the antagonist from the first season. What???

6) Both seasons end with 11 saving the day. No change in the solution to the problem in both seasons.
6a) How does eleven close the gate to the upside down yet the end to the season alludes to a confrontation with the shadow monster.... WTF???

7/10 AT BEST. Don't believe the fucking hype. This season does not deserve the 90+% it has. Season 1 was so much better.

Yeah it was pretty slow, I don't hate that tho. I agree that episode 7 felt out of place. Which plot holes are you talking about?

lol @ complaining about setting up intrigue for future seasons and expanding the mythology. Did it really fly that far over your head that was the purpose of the L sister storyline that you are complaining the sister had no part in the finale and thats part of this "scathing review"? Cmon now lol whats funny is your complaint is we were led to believe she would play a part, but I think you're only speaking for yourself. It seemed clear to me they were expanding the mythology since future seasons are confirmed.

just finished the second season and enjoyed it a lot.

i didn't like the "gang of misfits run by 11's sister" storyline but thankfully it was fairly brief.

I thought it was going to be a bummer but I enjoyed watching season two a lot. I feel like episode 7 could have been spread out from the beginning of the season onward instead of having one episode that was awkward within the whole. I can agree with the criticism but it did not effect my enjoyment of the season tbh. Mind Flayer reminded me of the Iad from Barker's books of the art.

Its that retarded overacting mom still in the show in season 2?

I also picked up on little music tweeks like when dart was in dustins house you can hear a remixed version of the gremlins beat. Theres also one more that I picked up on that I cant remember at this time.

anyone else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back