Locked Stranger Things (Season 2 Premieres Oct. 27, 2017)

How would you rate season one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pretty good, but this season lacked the unseen horror elements, excellently timed comic relief, and well-captured childhood wonder that made the first season so good. I did enjoy the coming of age stuff, though, and thought it was well handled, but El’s side trip to Chicago episode was fucking ridiculous and out of place and totally not forgivable.

Still pretty good, but this season lacked the unseen horror elements, excellently timed comic relief, and well-captured childhood wonder that made the first season so good. I did enjoy the coming of age stuff, though, and thought it was well handled, but El’s side trip to Chicago episode was fucking ridiculous and out of place and totally not forgivable.

Philly... not Chicago.

finished season 2 last night

overall I thought it was a pretty solid follow up! I was worried it would seem tired but they actually did a pretty good thing with creating a new threat and giving some of the characters stuff to do.

overall probably give it a 7/10

spoiler thoughts

- in all seriousness though, I thought A LOT of the writing in this was pretty bad....Mike and Eleven had fuckall to do all season, this was essentially the Will Lucas and Dustin show.

-the actor playing Will IMO has the BEST acting chops of the bunch, I was incredibly impressed with every episode he was in, he REALLY looked like he was in fucking pain man.

-Steve/Dustin dynamic was great

-Episode 7 I could ramble on about for decades. its placement in the show order, its corniness, how out of place it feels within this season AND in this show.... that whole thing felt like NETFLIX saying to the producers "WE JUST SIGNED UP FOR 8 SEASONS, START PLANNING AHEAD GUYS! YOU HAVE TO DEVOTE AN EPISODE TO SETTING UP OTHER CHARACTERS FOR FUTURE SEASONS/SPINOFFS!" it was weak

- Elevens entire arc was unfulfilled...she learns to love thos back in Hawkins Indiana but still uses her anger/rage to close the portal....so everything that happens in episode 7 is kind of moot/pointless....since all she needed to close the portal was to raise her other hand and channel all her rage.

-I get that the show doesn't want to become TOO derivative/repetitive/ceap/been-there-done-that but sometimes you gotta for the sake of the characters

- when a big part of your show is Elles dynamic with the boys, maybe dont write a season where she spends all her time alone/with Hopper/with rando shit actors in alleys...

-Sean Astin was great...i would've liked them to set up that he was the puzzle guy in like his first episode. not seconds before its necesarry to the plot. LOVED his pirate treasure joke...

-some of the meta/nostalgia humor/imagery is a bit much sometimes, but Sean Astin's role actually didn't feel too obnoxious to me and I actually enjoyed his place in the show, kind of felt like he got robbed though.

-Nancy hooking Dustin up to make him look liek a pimp was cute as fuck.

-Knowing now that the actor playing Johnathan is a coke addict, I was actually pretty sure they were going to maybe kill him off, or even Steve...they strongly hinted that Steve could be doomed but didnt go for it...makes me wonder what the plan is for later seasons.

-Fucking guy from the Other Guys as the conspiracy theorist was hilarious in that I couldn't stop thinking about him offering the kids Arny Palmies

good season
fuck episode 7 though...total waste of time

Knowing now that the actor playing Johnathan is a coke addict, I was actually pretty sure they were going to maybe kill him off

Calling him a coke addict is a bet of a stretch. They found remnants of the substance on him or on his luggage, they didn't find an actual baggie of cocaine. Just being in close proximity of someone using it can be detectable on your clothes.

Calling him a coke addict is a bet of a stretch. They found remnants of the substance on him or on his luggage, they didn't find an actual baggie of cocaine. Just being in close proximity of someone using it can be detectable on your clothes.

looks wholesome enough

0d76ed009bae10f4aa6c80cefb644a0c

3 episodes in and Me and the missus are loving it. The creature and the lab with the portal looking thing give me a Half life 2 feeling.

The wife and are on vacation this week. We watched 8 episodes in the last two days. We have found it great.

Philly... not Chicago.

You’re thinking of the previous episode where 8 makes the cop think the bridge/tunnel collapses. That was Pittsburgh. But Eleven goes to Chicago. You see Sears Tower, a sign that says Windy City Pawn, etc.

Last edited:
i just found this show and i despise 99.9% of TV shows and ........i am excite.

People didn't like episode 7? I thought that was top three on the season. It was setting the stage for next season, definitely, but as a standalone it worked well. Probably the only episode that warrants repeat viewing.

It did start a little slow, but the plot holes all get filled by the unreliable narrator and childhood frame of reference being applied to the monsters.

Just finished seasons 1 & 2 in the last week. Good show, the binge was strong in this one.

i also didn’t hate episode 7, but figured that most people would. some parts were definitely corny, & most of the characters in that crew aren’t likable at all, but it seemed obvious that it was setting up developments for later seasons.

one of my biggest gripes of s2 was the shipping of nancy & jonathan. it was the cliched route to take (outsider “loser” gets the pretty girl) when in s1 they subverted the “asshole popular boyfriend” cliche by giving redeemable qualities to my boy Steve.

This is by far Netflix's biggest hit by a landslide, so they're likely going to milk it as much as they can.

It's going to get stale quick if they keep doing the kids vs. Upside Down World creatures/evil government. The one time they tried to branch out the universe by having more people with special abilities like Eleven's "sister" with her gang was the shittiest part of the Second Season and I assume that will be one of the main focuses of Season 3.

You don't want too much of a good thing. Two seasons of this show were fine, everything moving forward will be a little overkill imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back