Canadian whites under fire for refusing to more to the back of a concert

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?
<LikeReally5>

the fact that anyone is defending this is literally astonishing to me

Could Justin Bieber do the exact same, except ask for white girls to come to the front?

no, right?

Meh, seems like her fan base eats it up in jubilant glee. They are like GWAR fans awaiting to be splattered in fake blood -- just in this case they wait for her to douse them in the white guilt and SJW rhetoric that they crave.

LOL, that's actually pretty apt.

I just hate the mixed messages. Is racism the worst thing in the world or isn't it? You can have your life ruined if you're the wrong type of racist, but here they proudly display it.

"Finally after saying it about 10 times — and the woman refused to move — (Pimienta - the singer) said, 'You're cutting into my set time and you're disrespecting these women, and I don't have time for this.'" Classy stuff right there, insist that someone leave because of the color of their skin, and then have the gall to call her disrespectful. A class act indeed.

This was a music festival though I'm sure there were alot of people in the audience that were unfamiliar with her.

True, but its multi stage so im assuming most people knew of or wanted to see her -- but the few who had no idea about the white guilt splash zone were probably upset and rightfully so. I mean, you pay for a ticket, wait at the front (assuming for the proceeding acts) and then that zer/ze/it tell them to move.

This story doesn't make sense.

The singer tried to move white people to the back and brown people to the front, and since a couple of the white people reacted negatively they are deemed the racist ones?

It's not the racism that's disturbing, that's pretty normal in our multicultural paradise, it's the fact it's so brazen and open. I just read a story about a Penn teacher who tweeted out that she discriminates against white men. It's like they're proud of it.

I had a white woman discriminate against me in my undergrad. Should have fought with her, just wante s to get through. I caught her. She was marking my weekly journals way down innapropriately to get me at a B. I saw the other journals and compared a couple, I would have won if I took it next level. Didn't want to waste the time.

I just hate the mixed messages. Is racism the worst thing in the world or isn't it? You can have your life ruined if you're the wrong type of racist, but here they proudly display it.

"Finally after saying it about 10 times — and the woman refused to move — (Pimienta - the singer) said, 'You're cutting into my set time and you're disrespecting these women, and I don't have time for this.'" Classy stuff right there, insist that someone leave because of the color of their skin, and then have the gall to call her disrespectful. A class act indeed.

True -- the fact that she was at a festival with proceeding acts (who probably had more fans for them than for her) weere not going to move to the back and miss out on the following acts. And this bitch got entitled over it. That d-list artistic privilege doe.

the fact that anyone is defending this is literally astonishing to me

Could Justin Bieber do the exact same, except ask for white girls to come to the front?

no, right?

We have to change the "protected class" mentality. It's making whites have less rights. Literally time to change it.

I had a white woman discriminate against me in my undergrad. Should have fought with her, just wante s to get through. I caught her. She was marking my weekly journals way down innapropriately to get me at a B. I saw the other journals and compared a couple, I would have won if I took it next level. Didn't want to waste the time.

See the tweet. This is next-level open racism in an Ivy league school. Weird times.

It's pretty clear that within that ideology (you know the one I'm referring to) that there is good racism and bad racism. The good racism isn't called racism at all, and instead is dressed up in a facade of moral righteousness.

It's good racism when it is directed at the Kulaks.

It's pretty clear that within that ideology (you know the one I'm referring to) that there is good racism and bad racism. The good racism isn't called racism at all.

It's good racism when it is directed at the Kulaks.

It may be strange to say, but it's not even the racism that bothers me the most, it's the intellectual inconsistency that drives me bananas.

Pretty soon we will segregate the blacks and the whites. White people have to sit in the back of the bus. Progress!

It may be strange to say, but it's not even the racism that bothers me the most, it's the intellectual inconsistency that drives me bananas.

That isn't strange at all. The double standards are mind numbing and they are typically what annoys people.

It's basically a case study for double think, and that it can be promoted publicly and institutionally it's just so incredibly ballsy and in your face. Twilight zone level stuff.

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?

MLK died from a gunshot. He's dead. What's unresolved?

What am I missing here?

Patrons were not informed prior to purchasing their tickets that white people were not allowed up front.

What am I missing here?

Just to be clear if the roles were reversed, and poc were told to go to the back, you wouldn't have a problem with it?

Who was removed by the artist and the concert distanced themselves from them. What issue remains unresolved here?

A woman got kicked out and wasn't allowed to finish her tasks because of the color of her skin. That is the definition of racism.

That isn't strange at all. The double standards are mind numbing and they are typically what annoys people.

It's basically a case study for double think, and that it can be promoted publicly and institutionally it's just so incredibly ballsy and in your face. Twilight zone level stuff.

What's sad is that these types of people are creating racists. You can see younger people who are not yet mature lash out at colored people in a tit-for-tat of sorts. Instead of recognizing and rejecting the ideology, they play the game from the other side. Personally, I lost a lot of faith in humanity when this is not only tolerated, it's excused via mental gymnastics.

Back