Canadian whites under fire for refusing to more to the back of a concert

So a racist singer hates white people and wants them to suffer at her concert and get to the back where inferior people belong. When some don't want to be victims of racism, they are accused of racism because Canada hates white Canadians. And the festival deems the white victims are the real racists for standing up to racism.

CANADA, FUCK YOU.

Last edited:
Her statement is completely asinine.
I understandwhat it is like to not see yourself in the media, to not see yourself in institutions and to not see yourselfrepresented or reflected at a music show
People of color have dominated the music industry for decades. You would have to be completely delusional to say otherwise.

Nova Scotia is 91% white, less than 3% black, and 5% First Nations. Of course she's going to see a majority of white people at the front, it's inevitable.

Being a mother does not make you a minority, every human on Earth has a mother. There are more women than men.

I feel sorry for the mixed girls and Latinas with a lighter complexion, they weren't brown, ie pure, enough to come to the front.

What's sad is that these types of people are creating racists. You can see younger people who are not yet mature lash out at colored people in a tit-for-tat of sorts. Instead of recognizing and rejecting the ideology, they play the game from the other side. Personally, I lost a lot of faith in humanity when this is not only tolerated, it's excused via mental gymnastics.

Of course, it divides people up based on race and assigns worth to them based on it basically. It is divisive by design, and the natural tribalistic nature of humankind is exploited for political purposes.

It will create racism on both sides (oops I forgot racism only goes in one direction). It's so obvious what is occurring when realizing the same thing was used in the soviet union along class lines (classic Marxism vs NeoMarxism). Conflict is desired, as is drawing the lines in the most strategically useful way.

History repeats.

So a racist singer hates white people and wants them to suffer at her concert and get to the back where inferior people belong. When some don't want to be victims of racism, they are accused of racism because Canada hates white Canadians. And the festival deems the white victims are the real racists for standing up to racism.
The back isn't an inherently inferior place to be. Not everyone wants to go to the front. Any time I've gone to a concert with a girl, they want to be farther back. I want to be as close to the front as possible so I prefer to go alone.

You wouldn't see a problem if they said black people had to sit at the back?

Rosa Parks did.
Hey now, they didn't hate black people, they didn't ask them to leave the bus nor would they ever do that. They just asked them to go to the back to make the other passengers more comfortable and respected in solidarity. Rosa was uppity though and had to be removed for not respecting authority.

To clarify, I'm being sarcastic. Rosa was a great person, though she wasn't alone, she deserves respect. I think discriminating on skin color like this was disrespectful to what Rosa and her peers fought for.

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?

You think its appropriate to remove someone on the basis of their skin color? You believe it would be ok to ask all the black people to move to the back of the concert, and then remove any black employees who refused to do so?

The back isn't an inherently inferior place to be. Not everyone wants to go to the front. Any time I've gone to a concert with a girl, they want to be farther back. I want to be as close to the front as possible so I prefer to go alone.

The singer has designated the back to be inferior. I was using her logic, and she wanted to remove the choice of location based on skin color.

I prefer the back of buses, but that doesn't mean it wasn't racist to demand black people sit there only.

Last edited:
Who was removed by the artist and the concert distanced themselves from them. What issue remains unresolved here?

You read it wrong or you are overdoing it at playing devil's advocate. a group of whites (including a photograhper) wouldn't move to the back of a festival. The festival is apologizing for the whites, has banned them and will subject future volunteers to more training.

Dear attendees, fans, artists, staff, volunteers, and folks otherwise involved in the Halifax Pop Explosion. On Thursday, October 19 at the Marquee Club, a white HPX volunteer along with several other white people in the audience reacted to Lido Pimienta inviting “brown girls to the front” of the venue with overt racism. This volunteer was removed by Lido herself. They have since received notification from the festival that they are no longer welcome to volunteer with us. This volunteer was removed by Lido herself. They have since received notification from the festival that they are no longer welcome to volunteer with us.

We will not accept this behaviour and neither should you. Be responsible for your friends - talk to them and support them as they move towards unpacking their racism. People of Colour deserve safe spaces and it is your responsibility to help. It is also ours.

The Halifax Pop Explosion has worked hard in the past year to learn what embracing anti-racism and actively being inclusive of People of Colour and 2SLGBTQ+ folks entails. We take responsibility for missed opportunities to actively support POC artists this year and promise to build meaningful infrastructures within our festival through which to better support these communities in the future.

Halifax Pop Explosion is committing to providing our team with anti-oppression and anti-racism training. Additionally, we will be working with local organizations over the next year to create a list of local resources for our community. We also want to make this list available to those who create unsafe and uncomfortable space at our shows and venues by demonstrating racism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, and other discriminatory behaviours, so they too can begin unpacking their discriminatory behaviour. As a festival, we will also spend the next several months addressing ways we can make our festival spaces safer for women, POC, and 2SLGBTQ+ folks.

To Lido Pimienta: we are sorry that one of our volunteers interrupted your art, your show, and your audience by being aggressive and racist. We have so much respect for the art and music you create and the space you make for women, people of colour, transgender, and non-binary people. The way you interact with the world acts and provides a thoughtful example. You are a role model to us and many people in our community. We see it. We feel it. We hope you will work with us again.

To the POC in the audience on Thursday night: we are sorry your night was interrupted, and perhaps ruined, by one of our volunteers. We are going to try our best as a festival to create ways to make our spaces safer and more accessible for you. We hope we can rebuild some trust and that you will come back to our shows.

So you would respond to the Montgomery Bus boycotts by saying "I don't know why this blacks are so angry. Some people like sitting in the back!"

Yea back\front is going to vary depending on your personal taste. With that said telling people they have to do it because they are white is fucked up.

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?

You're missing a whole lot, by dismissing it entirely because you deem the "resolution" of this adequate.

This is plain overt racism. As a POC, we need to condemn blatant bullshit racism like this.

So you would respond to the Montgomery Bus boycotts by saying "I don't know why this blacks are so angry. Some people like sitting in the back!"
No, I was saying not every black person may have wanted to be up front to begin with. I'm not saying it's ok to force anyone to go to the back.

I feel sorry for the mixed girls and Latinas with a lighter complexion, they weren't brown, ie pure, enough to come to the front.

my gf is ojibwe and she would have been shamed if she had stood at the front for that reason

That's another thing too: you can say "whites", boil them down and group them together with just their skin color as the connection... but you can't say "blacks," not if you're smart and want to avoid getting harassed.

my gf is ojibwe and she would have been shamed if she had stood at the front for that reason
Right on, I'm Ojibwe too! I would already have been sent to the back in this concert though for being a man.

They arrived happy clueless hipsters

They went home white nationalists

Keep up the insulting SJW theatrics it's really helping society along

Somehow I doubt the photographer will be held with the same reverence as Rosa Parks...

Right on, I'm Ojibwe too! I would already have been sent to the back in this concert though for being a man.

i wouldn't have shown up period lol

i did go a few years back to see mos def but they wouldn't let that nutter through customs

But the girls prefer the back because of all the toxic masculinity that permeates the front

The guys that prefer the back are just exercising their toxic masculinity in a different way, by taking up space that could be used for girls trying to escape the toxic masulinity.

Back