Canadian whites under fire for refusing to more to the back of a concert

This story doesn't make sense.

The singer tried to move white people to the back and brown people to the front, and since a couple of the white people reacted negatively they are deemed the racist ones?

Lmao not only are they deemed the racist ones, the festival organizers released that groveling apology swearing to do better and promising to make the events "safer". I also like how - I guess maybe this started in Dalhousie and will slowly make its way westward - "2 spirit" seems to have climbed to the top of the rainbow acronym.

Doesn't it seem like all the "keep POC safe from whiteness" rhetoric inherent in statements like this is just a more subtle version of that campaign ad from Virginia where white people hunt down non-white children in pickup trucks?

i wouldn't have shown up period lol

i did go a few years back to see mos def but they wouldn't let that nutter through customs
I saw Ghostface Killah and Raekwon perform in Amarillo, Texas. They had a white girl probably 3 or 4 years old on stage with them at the end, told us to be grateful for our families and how loved they felt after being nervous about the crowd at the beginning.

Lmao not only are they deemed the racist ones, the festival organizers released that groveling apology swearing to do better and promising to make the events "safer". I also like how - I guess maybe this started in Dalhousie and will slowly make its way westward - "2 spirit" seems to have climbed to the top of the rainbow acronym.

Doesn't it seem like all the "keep POC safe from whiteness" rhetoric inherent in statements like this is just a more subtle version of that campaign ad from Virginia where white people hunt down non-white children in pickup trucks?

did you hear about the wu-tang night at king's college that got shut down because there were fears that whites might rap along with the lyrics?

The Lady that was a photographer and was trying to do her job. The singer got shitty about it and kicked her out.

she was likely trying to do her job to take photos but in the post by the organizer, he said that the photographer along with a few others got "aggressive and racist".

even i, as a visible minority, feel this "hush that fuss, errbody move to the back of the bus" thing that this performer does is a tad much. cringe-worthy almost.

I saw Ghostface Killah and Raekwon perform in Amarillo, Texas. They had a white girl probably 3 or 4 years old on stage with them at the end, told us to be grateful for our families and how loved they felt after being nervous about the crowd at the beginning.

lol not their usual audience for sure. i saw raekwon randomly perform at the ACC during the raps/cavs conference finals a couple years back, he's still got it

Why did that singer make an issue of peoples colour? Why does it matter what the colour of the people were at the front of the stage? Maybe I'm missing somthing here, but to me I find the singers actions to be counterproductive.

did you hear about the wu-tang night at king's college that got shut down because there were fears that whites might rap along with the lyrics?

prolly of the potential shenanigans of people reacting to whites liberally dropping the N-bomb while rapping along.

^^^
<{dayum}>

That didn't really happen, did it?! They pulled a white and a black guy up on stage to do ODB's verse on one of the classics. The black guy stumbled through a good bit of the verse, and the white guy killed it, they lost their shit and kept the white guy up on the stage to do the whole part on the next song.

It's not the racism that's disturbing, that's pretty normal in our multicultural paradise, it's the fact it's so brazen and open. I just read a story about a Penn teacher who tweeted out that she discriminates against white men. It's like they're proud of it.

white guilt has been entrained on these mind controlled progressive zionist zombies.
ccopq8pukaac4zd.jpg

lifeline010.jpg

Haha yeah I have noticed the 2 Spirit thing added the LGBTWEFWERF$@RF acronym a while back but I have no idea where it ranks in the 'stack'

They always use words like 'safer' like they are running a daycare for infants. You aren't against protecting infant babies from the bogeyman are you?

I didn't see the Virginia add but it sounds like they are exploiting and furthering paranoia and tribalism

Sounds like an invitation for whites not to attend this person's concerts at all.

I always considered Wu Tang to be kind of white kid rap anyway. I think they're great it's just that Growing up It seemed like their fan base was mostly middle class white kids.

Haha yeah I have noticed the 2 Spirit thing added the LGBTWEFWERF$@RF acronym a while back but I have no idea where it ranks in the 'stack'

it has specific historical indigenous connotations, unlike some of these other ones where gender #76 gets invented after patient zero has an acrimonious breakup with a member of gender #75 and doesn't want to share the same parade float

I always considered Wu Tang to be kind of white kid rap anyway. I think they're great it's just that Growing up It seemed like their fan base was mostly middle class white kids.
Wu Tang is just great music, it's not limited to any one group or race.

it has specific historical indigenous connotations, unlike some of these other ones where gender #76 gets invented after patient zero has an acrimonious breakup with a member of gender #75 and doesn't want to share the same parade float

Yeah but it gets co-opted into the ideological fold when is taken in under the LGBT umbrella which is political in nature. I'm sure whatever historical indigenous connotation will take a back seat to political usefulness.

'Two spirited' from my brief examination of the meaning, is very open to interpretation.

They always use words like 'safer' like they are running a daycare for infants. You aren't against protecting infant babies from the bogeyman are you?

I didn't see the Virginia add but it sounds like they are exploiting and furthering paranoia and tribalism

Yea I noticed in the cringe-worthy statement from the festival that they put 2S at the front of the acronym. I figure that means that they've moved up the stack, at least in Canada where SJWs desperately need to exploit Indigenous grievances in the absence of a US style legacy of slavery. They really push the 2 Spirit thing because it is a great way to play on white guilt to package transgender ideology. "Our cishetnormative culture is just a Eurocentric, white supremacist construct".

If you want to see the Virginia ad that I'm talking about, check out the thread here on the front page with the title about Trump running down minority kids with a pickup truck. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Yup, the phrase actually comes from Ojibwe, "Niizh Manidoo". But they had enough sense to at least limit it to 5 genders at most.

Back