2017 SF 49ers : New Regime

So what are the chances the niners draft a QB in the first round, knowing that Jimmy G is only a temporary solution?
He's 26 years old, the hope is him being the permanent solution.

Shut up
4-12! They can perhaps go an amazing 4-12!
awesome!

Shut up old man!!

But honestly I hope they don't play him at all this year and save him until next year...

We don't need wins this late in the season..

still looking up at the sky, homie?
images

Exactly. Remember pre draft Shanny had Jimmy G as the second best QB in his draft so this isn't based on 2 starts.
I'm fine with having him as a QB. I think the problem is we gave up a 2nd rounder instead just signing him next year or drafting a rookie and investing in our o-line. This speeds up our rebuild and I honestly think getting him this year is a waste just because hes either going to look awful or stumble into a couple of wins. Then theres the report that a deal with him isn't imminent.

It could work out. I just see it as an unnecessary gamble and I don't see us as a team thats anywhere close to being a 'qb away' from contending for anything.

Edit: I do like that this enables us to trade down again in case teams fall in love with QB's again tho.

I'm fine with having him as a QB. I think the problem is we gave up a 2nd rounder instead just signing him next year or drafting a rookie and investing in our o-line. This speeds up our rebuild and I honestly think getting him this year is a waste just because hes either going to look awful or stumble into a couple of wins. Then theres the report that a deal with him isn't imminent.

It could work out. I just see it as an unnecessary gamble and I don't see us as a team thats anywhere close to being a 'qb away' from contending for anything.

Edit: I do like that this enables us to trade down again in case teams fall in love with QB's again tho.
If a deal isn't imminent how would we have landed him in FA? Competing with every other team. He is a 9er now, worst case scenario they can franchise tag him.

And a 2nd for a QB is nothing, AJ mccarron would have been traded for a 2nd + 3rd yesterday. Or it gets you a deshone Kizer type in the draft

If a deal isn't imminent how would we have landed him in FA? Competing with every other team. He is a 9er now, worst case scenario they can franchise tag him.

And a 2nd for a QB is nothing, AJ mccarron would have been traded for a 2nd + 3rd yesterday. Or it gets you a deshone Kizer type in the draft
The value in comparison to other QB trades is literally incredible when you think of what other teams have given to trade up for a QB.

If you get the guy, it doesnt matter what it cost.

Im just shocked they arent all in on a Kirk Cousins reunion.

The value in comparison to other QB trades is literally incredible when you think of what other teams have given to trade up for a QB.

If you get the guy, it doesnt matter what it cost.

Im just shocked they arent all in on a Kirk Cousins reunion.
Some writers predicted JG or Kirk way back when Shanny took over. Just because of the predraft praise of him. A couple of days ago Kirk said he prefers to stay in Wash. I know there is nothing else he can really day, but paying him a billion dollars is tough

Thats the thing that worries me. We can't Franchise him because he has to be on our roster for at least 10 games to qualify.

Thats the thing that worries me. We can't Franchise him because he has to be on our roster for at least 10 games to qualify.
Where did you hear that ?? I've never heard it before

Where did you hear that ?? I've never heard it before
Think I saw Ian Rapport tweet. It was def on twitter. He was the one who reported that an extension wasn't part of the deal and that there havent been any talk yet but we're hopeful to work out a deal.

Edit: Just looked for it and I think I was mixed up. I just saw that we wont get a comp pick for Hoyer because he wasn't on the roster for 10 games. My bad. Like the deal a LOT more now lol

Last edited:
Hoyer back to the Pats. That would make me uneasy if I were an SF fan.

Hoyer back to the Pats. That would make me uneasy if I were an SF fan.
He was included in the original deal, but dropped for comp pick reasons. They have no other QB on the roster and need a backup, he fits perfectly.

He was included in the original deal, but dropped for comp pick reasons. They have no other QB on the roster and need a backup, he fits perfectly.
I have an irrational distrust of the Pats.

I have an irrational distrust of the Pats.
Yup, I'm really skeptical. The only relief is Shanny/Harbaugh being coaches I trust for guessing (what everyone is doing) if a QB can make it being really high on him pre-draft. It's not based on his time in NE, I mean he was a 2nd round pick.

And I don't really believe this, but would be interesting if there is any truth to it -

Lots of reports that the Pats really wanted to keep Jimmy, that's why he wasn't moved in the offseason. Lynch said the Pats wouldn't even negotiate for him when they tried earlier. Apparently, Jimmy wouldn't stay at a discount (he wants to play..) and they decided to move him at the last possible moment.

AND - The pats have lost talent they could use before. Tell me they don't need Chandler Jones right now

Yeah i remember Seymour playing well for the raiders too. I think their team underperforming is a big reason why too. They need to spread some money around on the defensive side next year and franchising JG is a luxury they cant afford now.

Garcon to IR. Shitty, like to watch that guy play ball.

What a dumpster fire of a team, I wish York would just leave town for good. He's so worried about his political game more than football and was involved getting rid of harbough and said " if we aren't better you can hold me accountable"..... been a fan since 88 this is so sad.

Not sure what people expect. Team just over went the biggest roster turnover ever. It's going to take time to rebuild. Add to the fact that we lead the NFL in players on IR

I honestly like the direction we are going. Lynch/Kyle are rebuilding the right way rather then getting desperate to win a few more games

Yea, this is how it's supposed to go. We were 'reloading' for years when we should have just went all in on the rebuild.

Back