The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF? Weaselly?

Someone with the surname Podesta. Could be TONY, could be JOHN, but someone with that surname.

Weaselly because that's the GOP's distraction strategy. Try to hint that John Podesta is somehow involved in this because John and Tony are common first names. If you wanted to bet, you should have just offered the one that is at least possible. Like, if I wanted to smear Errol Flynn, I could have offered to bet that either he or Michael Flynn would get indicted. Unless you do think that there's a chance that John Podesta could be indicted. I'll take that bet if so.

Any leftists want to do an account bet for GSP v Bisping?

Must be an established member of the WR with at least an equivalent join date but im somewhat flexible.

I've got bisping winning.

Any leftists want to do an account bet for GSP v Bisping?

Must be an established member of the WR with at least an equivalent join date.

Not me, but out of curiosity, who do you have in that one, and why do you feel so confident about your pick?

Not me, but out of curiosity, who do you have in that one, and why do you feel so confident about your pick?

I've got Bisbing winning via KO.

Based on GSPs inactivity and Bispings ability to rise to the occasion.

I think confidence will also play a major factor and that's something that GSP has always lacked and Bisping has plenty of.

Weaselly because that's the GOP's distraction strategy.
This is not a political campaign. It is a bet on the Sherdog War Room Bet Thread. Readership: about 10 people a day.

Try to hint that John Podesta is somehow involved in this because John and Tony are common first names. If you wanted to bet, you should have just offered the one that is at least possible. Like, if I wanted to smear Errol Flynn, I could have offered to bet that either he or Michael Flynn would get indicted. Unless you do think that there's a chance that John Podesta could be indicted. I'll take that bet if so.

Your paranoia is really bizarre. Why would I "smear" John Podesta on the Sherdog bet thread where about 4 people read my post? It's laughable.

I did not hint that John Podesta is involved. But who knows, he might be. Seems unlikely. Certainly P(Tony is indicted)< P(Tony is indicted OR John is indicted OR another Podesta OR some combination of the previous), right?

I've got Bisbing winning via KO.

Based on GSPs inactivity and Bispings ability to rise to the occasion.

I think confidence will also play a major factor.
@Lead said this thread is for political bets only.

A Podesta? I think that's weaselly. I'll bet a year that John Podesta doesn't get indicted.

Huh? We already have lying under oath about collusion. And we already see you quibbling that it's not the same as collusion.

Collusion isn't a charge last I've heard. So they lied about talking to Russians. Is that the height of this investigation?

I did not hint that John Podesta is involved. But who knows, he might be. Seems unlikely. Certainly P(Tony is indicted)< P(Tony is indicted OR John is indicted OR another Podesta OR some combination of the previous), right?

Right. You could have also offered "a Tony." Though that would be more tilted your way given that there are a lot more Tony's out there than Podestas. I saw Tony and Tina's Wedding (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_n'_Tina's_Wedding), and someone made a joke at the reception about why so many Italians have that name that was pretty good. Stamp on the forehead indicating destination.

Collusion isn't a charge last I've heard. So they lied about talking to Russians. Is that the height of this investigation?

It's the first round of indictments. Are you even following the case? Papadopoulos lied to investigators about his contacts with Russia.

Right. You could have also offered "a Tony." Though that would be more tilted your way given that there are a lot more Tony's out there than Podestas. I saw Tony and Tina's Wedding (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_n'_Tina's_Wedding), and someone made a joke at the reception about why so many Italians have that name that was pretty good. Stamp on the forehead indicating destination.

It's the first round of indictments. Are you even following the case? Papadopoulos lied to investigators about his contacts with Russia.
Pretty sure ole is trying to get you to make a prediction.

Yeah we covered that... What charges do you think are yet to come?

Pretty sure ole is trying to get you to make a prediction.

For what purpose?

I don't know what's yet to come from the investigation, but I think the more significant argument is about what's already known. We still have people (like Ole) pathetically holding on to the belief that there's no story here, or the story is just Trump surrounding himself with really shady characters.

For what purpose?

I don't know what's yet to come from the investigation, but I think the more significant argument is about what's already known. We still have people (like Ole) pathetically holding on to the belief that there's no story here, or the story is just Trump surrounding himself with really shady characters.
There's a story, but it looks like it will rise to about the level of Whitewater. Trump and the other big fish will probably come out just fine.

Yay after work bet thread read

For what purpose?

Keep being hilariously vague. The back tracking the left is doing over this Russian witch hunt is absolutely epic

Keep being hilariously vague. The back tracking the left is doing over this Russian witch hunt is absolutely epic

What the heck are you talking about? Trump's campaign manager was just indicted and a foreign policy adviser just admitted to meeting with Russia about the hacked emails! If people predicted this a few months ago, you would have been pissed. You keep getting proved wrong.

There's a story, but it looks like it will rise to about the level of Whitewater. Trump and the other big fish will probably come out just fine.

There's an actual crime here. And there's a foreign gov't undermining our elections. This is 100x bigger than Whitewater.

Last edited:
What the heck are you talking about? Trump's campaign manager was just indicted and a foreign policy adviser just admitted to meeting with Russia about the hacked emails! If people predicted this a few months ago, you would have been pissed. You keep getting proved wrong.

So that was the big juicy Russia burger I've been waiting for? Kinda small and disappointing

There's an actual crime here. And there's a foreign gov't undermining our elections. This is 100x bigger than Whitewater.
Let me fix that for you:

One of Trump's former campaign managers, who only served in that role for about two months, was indicted on tax charges totally unrelated to the Trump campaign, and a low-level volunteer foreign policy adviser just admitted to meeting having Skype calls with Russia someone in the Russian Foreign Ministry. about the hacked emails Also, he was in touch with a Maltese professor who claimed to have Clinton-related e-mails which might or might not have been connected to the DNC leak.

If people had predicted this a few months ago, not even right-wing tribalists would have batted an eye. The only reason you are making a huge deal out of this is because your tribalism is clouding your judgment.

...this is astonishing. At this point, the Mueller investigation has yielded 0 convictions. Whitewater resulted in the convictions of 15 different people, many with close ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton including at least one of Bill Clinton's aides and many big Clinton donors. Officially, more than 40 crimes were deemed to have been committed.

This might be the clearest example yet of your partisan bias.

Last edited:
If people had predicted this a few months ago, not even right-wing tribalists would have batted an eye. The only reason you are making a huge deal out of this is because your tribalism is clouding your judgment.

Your lack of self-understanding and projection here are kind of stunning. You're just repeating ridiculous GOP spin and acting like me not buying it is "tribalism."

...this is astonishing. At this point, the Mueller investigation has yielded 0 convictions.

Er, yeah, it's pretty new. You know that.

Whitewater resulted in the convictions of 15 different people, many with close ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton including at least one of Bill Clinton's aides and many big Clinton donors. Officially, more than 40 crimes were deemed to have been committed.

Well, if "Whitewater" is referring to something much more broad than the Clinton connection, sure. But a better comparison to the Trump situation is Watergate, though if the burglary was conducted by a hostile foreign gov't in exchange for policy concessions and to help elect a grossly unqualified conman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back