Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lin-Manuel Miranda's THE KINGKILLER CHRONICLE Series Lands at Showtime

TE0XE30.jpg

Showtime is developing a television series adaptation of The Kingkiller Chronicle, based on the bestselling Patrick Rothfuss book series produced by Lionsgate, with Lin-Manuel Miranda executive producing. John Rogers (Leverage, The Player) serves as showrunner and Miranda also will compose music for the series, which is based on Rothfuss’ global bestselling contemporary fantasy trilogy.

The Kingkiller Chronicle is a collaborative franchise from Lionsgate that includes a TV series adaption, a major feature film being penned by Lindsey Beer and interactive games all being developed concurrently. Miranda has been attached to the franchise as creative producer since Lionsgate announced it last year.

Set in the world of the popular fantasy series by Rothfuss, The Kingkiller Chronicle will follow a pair of wandering performers on their adventures through the unique and startling world of Temerant, immersing audiences in a universe of unexpected heroes, mystical places, and terrifying dark forces. It is a world that has delighted readers and critics alike, selling more than 10 million copies in 35 languages across the globe. The television adaption is a subversive origin story set a generation before the events of the trilogy’s first novel, The Name of the Wind.

Rogers, Miranda, Rothfuss, Robert Lawrence (Clueless, Die Hard with a Vengeance) and Jennifer Court (The Player) will executive produce. Lawrence also played a key role in bringing the project to Showtime.

Miranda won two Tony Awards for his musical Hamilton, which received a Tony-record 16 noms, winning 11. He earned his first two nominations and won his first Tony for In the Heights. He has been nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics for the 67th Tony Awards. He also received Oscar and Golden Globe nominations for the original song “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana. His onscreen credits include How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, The Sopranos and The Electric Company, as well as the upcoming feature Mary Poppins Returns.

Rogers created and executive produced the series Leverage, The Librarians and The Player. His feature film credits include Transformers, The Core and American Outlaws. He also has a background in comics including the Blue Beetle relaunch for DC Comics.

Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘The Kingkiller Chronicle’ Series Set At Showtime
h5jW4Dv.gif

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for STARGATE ORIGINS Digital Series

The latest addition to the Stargate universe is already underway. Since the announcement of Stargate Origins, a new series premiering on the digital platform Stargate Command, production has kicked off — and EW can exclusively reveal the first behind-the-scenes reel from the set.

The footage sees Australian actress Ellie Gall as a young Catherine Langford. Stargate Origins will focus on the daughter of Professor Langford (played by Stargate Atlantis actor Connor Trinneer) as she embarks on “an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.”

The 10-episode show, written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry, will explore the early history of Catherine and the Stargate portal.

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for Stargate Origins Goes Back to Where It All Began

WHAT

THE

FUCK

TE0XE30.jpg

Showtime is developing a television series adaptation of The Kingkiller Chronicle, based on the bestselling Patrick Rothfuss book series produced by Lionsgate, with Lin-Manuel Miranda executive producing. John Rogers (Leverage, The Player) serves as showrunner and Miranda also will compose music for the series, which is based on Rothfuss’ global bestselling contemporary fantasy trilogy.

The Kingkiller Chronicle is a collaborative franchise from Lionsgate that includes a TV series adaption, a major feature film being penned by Lindsey Beer and interactive games all being developed concurrently. Miranda has been attached to the franchise as creative producer since Lionsgate announced it last year.

Set in the world of the popular fantasy series by Rothfuss, The Kingkiller Chronicle will follow a pair of wandering performers on their adventures through the unique and startling world of Temerant, immersing audiences in a universe of unexpected heroes, mystical places, and terrifying dark forces. It is a world that has delighted readers and critics alike, selling more than 10 million copies in 35 languages across the globe. The television adaption is a subversive origin story set a generation before the events of the trilogy’s first novel, The Name of the Wind.

Rogers, Miranda, Rothfuss, Robert Lawrence (Clueless, Die Hard with a Vengeance) and Jennifer Court (The Player) will executive produce. Lawrence also played a key role in bringing the project to Showtime.

Miranda won two Tony Awards for his musical Hamilton, which received a Tony-record 16 noms, winning 11. He earned his first two nominations and won his first Tony for In the Heights. He has been nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics for the 67th Tony Awards. He also received Oscar and Golden Globe nominations for the original song “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana. His onscreen credits include How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, The Sopranos and The Electric Company, as well as the upcoming feature Mary Poppins Returns.

Rogers created and executive produced the series Leverage, The Librarians and The Player. His feature film credits include Transformers, The Core and American Outlaws. He also has a background in comics including the Blue Beetle relaunch for DC Comics.

How did this series get a better deal than The Dark Tower?

TE0XE30.jpg

No idea what this is, but I'm down.

just watched the first 4 episodes of handmaid tale. That's some heavy shit man. It's been some time since a movie or tv show made me feel so depressed and angry

just watched the first 4 episodes of handmaid tale. That's some heavy shit man. It's been some time since a movie or tv show made me feel so depressed and angry
It looks interesting, but I knew from the start that I wasn't going to get into it. It looked like too heavy of a series for me to enjoy.

It looks interesting, but I knew from the start that I wasn't going to get into it. It looked like too heavy of a series for me to enjoy.

It's not for everybody that's for sure. I don't know why I do this to me either to be honest

First Official Image of Odette Annable as Reign in Full Costume in SUPERGIRL

spg03_reign_0001.1200_-_embed_2017.jpg

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for STARGATE ORIGINS Digital Series

The latest addition to the Stargate universe is already underway. Since the announcement of Stargate Origins, a new series premiering on the digital platform Stargate Command, production has kicked off — and EW can exclusively reveal the first behind-the-scenes reel from the set.

The footage sees Australian actress Ellie Gall as a young Catherine Langford. Stargate Origins will focus on the daughter of Professor Langford (played by Stargate Atlantis actor Connor Trinneer) as she embarks on “an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.”

The 10-episode show, written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry, will explore the early history of Catherine and the Stargate portal.

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for Stargate Origins Goes Back to Where It All Began

I wish they just continued Stargate: Universe.

This looks like an Indiana Jones meets Stargate kinda thing.

I wish they just continued Stargate: Universe.

This looks like an Indiana Jones meets Stargate kinda thing.
I actually really liked Stargate: Universe.

It looked to actually break from the mold of the other series.

It looks like Red Tornado has some new competition for worse costume.
I don't think the Reign costume is as terrible as the Red Tornado costume. It does remind of me Joan Severance's Black Scorpion though.

black-21.jpg

Black%2BScorpion%2B%25281995%2529_014.jpg

Latest Supergirl episode had an interesting epilogue with the creepy Rao harbinger showing up.

NEW WARRIOR Won't Air on Freeform Anymore, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere

i2gBeZn.png

Marvel's highly anticipated take on New Warriors is on the move. The half-hour scripted comedy, picked up straight to series at Freeform in April, will no longer air on the younger-skewing, Disney-owned cable network. Instead, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Marvel will shop the live-action comedy to other outlets.

Sources say there has been some talk that the 10-episode series from Kevin Biegel (Enlisted) could be taken to Disney's forthcoming subscription streaming service, though insiders stress that's a long shot.

The pilot — which stars Baby Daddy grad Derek Theler as Mister Immortal and This Is Us' Milana Vayntrub as fan-favorite Squirrel Girl — is said to have tested through the roof and caught the attention of high-level Disney executives. Insiders note that Freeform — which is expanding original programming to four nights a week in 2018 — could not find a slot for the show next year as it had originally intended. Marvel then asked for New Warriors back as the comic book powerhouse wants it to premiere in the new year. Freeform obliged.

"We are extremely excited about Marvel’s New Warriors and look forward to finding the perfect partner to launch the series with in 2018,” said Dan Buckley, president of Marvel Entertainment.

Sources suggest Disney-owned Marvel — which has a multiple-show deal at Netflix that includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders and the upcoming Punisher — is no longer able to sell to outside companies. If true, that would seemingly limit the potential new homes for New Warriors. That would indicate that New Warriors could wind up on Disney's SVOD service that will be home to the studio's hits like Finding Dory, Marvel features like Captain America and Lucasfilm titles including Star Wars. Disney's streaming service is being eyed to launch in late 2019, which could also eliminate that as a destination unless the platform is jump-started early as Marvel is keen on the show airing in 2018.

S
ources say New Warriors could also be taken out to other streaming services, with the comic book giant eyeing a two-season pickup. Production is rumored to resume in January should the show find a quick new home.

New Warriors is about six young people learning to cope with their abilities in a world where bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates. Joining Vayntrub and Theler are Jeremy Tardy as Night Thrasher, Calum Worthy as Speedball, Matthew Moy as Microbe and Kate Comer as Debrii. New Warriors hails from Marvel Television and ABC Studios' cable arm ABC Signature. Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory executive produce alongside Biegel, who serves as showrunner. New Warriors, sources say,could be Marvel TV 2.0, with the ability to feature multiple spinoffs similar to the company's Netflix arrangement.

In picking up the series in April, Freeform exec vp programming and development Karey Burke noted the process was "super competitive," and that the cabler had been longtime fans of the franchise and "chased Squirrel Girl" before landing Marvel's Cloak and Dagger with a straight-to-series order.

Marvel's 'New Warriors' Won't Air on Freeform Anymore, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere (Exclusive)

Critics Reviews for the First Four Episodes of Marvel's RUNAWAYS on Hulu

FDE5R7B.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter
Despite a creative team of sluggers — Marvel Studios plus creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage — Hulu's new drama Runaways is not a home run, but through the four episodes sent to critics, it still has potential to be the kind of solid extra base hit a growing programming portfolio needs. If anything, I think Schwartz's and Savage's ambitions for Runaways may limit its ability to be an immediate smash hit, but could pay long-term dividends across the 10-episode first season, which launches Nov. 21. Bottom Line: A lot of exposition, but also a lot of fun.

Comicbook.com
Marvel's Runaways is an entertaining show and a strong debut for the superhero studio on Hulu. Unlike the Netflix series, there doesn't seem to be any "downtime" to slog through. Unlike the network series, the show is allowed to breathe and tell a complex story. Character dramas punctuated with action might not be what comes to mind when a fan first thinks of a Marvel TV show, but that doesn't take away from the quality of Runaways. The cast is talented, the story is compelling, and the production is high quality.

Forbes
The weirdest MCU show to date. Runaways is YA television. Fantastical is to be expected, but the weirdness of this show is next level for Marvel. And it’s pretty fun. Once audiences get passed the very slow paced premiere episode, a mystery begins to unfold that takes some wild turns that are going to entice even the most cynical of Marvel’s television viewers. The series’ greatest strength comes from its soap-opera relationships. All these kids are phenomenal. If you’re coming to Runaways hoping for The O.C. with superpowers, you will be pleased.

TV Line
What’s most notable about Runaways is that the first episode plays like a straight, engaging teen drama, with few out-of-this-world twists on display. Shepherded by Gossip Girl‘s Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, it feels more Freeform than The CW — in a way, it’s the show Kyle XY might have been with a greater scope. Episode 2 opens the curtain a bunch, revisiting the pilot from The Pride’s POV, while the other two episodes made available to critics get to exploring the distinct dynamics between both the kids and the ‘rents.

Den of Geek
The pilot is the best of the first four episodes, but that says more about its quality than it does about the lack of quality in the subsequent three. This show stays good, even while falling into the familiar pacing of network TV. It does an impressive job balancing the many, many characters and making us, if not care about all of them, then stay interested in what they will do next. Marvel's Runaways manages to be both a supremely weird show, and an infinitely relatable one. Hulu has entered the Marvel TV game with a winner.

Comic Book Resources
Based on the marketing, it might be easy to dismiss Marvel's Runaways as little more than a CW-style teen drama, albeit one with a dinosaur. And, yes, the new Hulu series is chock-full of adolescent angst and rebellion, but also sinister conspiracies, murder, magic and aliens. In short, it very well may be the most faithful television adaptations of a comic book yet — in spirit, in any case.Smartly written and tightly paced, Runaways coaxes the audience along with strong performances and one revelation after another, all while seeding the story with still more mysteries. Finding the answers will be well worth the price of a Hulu subscription.

The O.C with superpowers sounds like a terrible show. Probably gonna pass on this one.

COUNTERPART Trailer Reveals Two J.K. Simmons in Starz's New Spy Thriller

What if there was another you? A UN employee discovers the agency he works for is hiding a gateway to a parallel dimension. Counterpart, a new Starz original series starring J.K. Simmons, premieres January 21.

TWILIGHT ZONE Reboot From Jordan Peele in the Works at CBS All Access

ylmMaeA.jpg

The Twilight Zone is entering a new dimension. CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves on Thursday announced during the company's earnings call that CBS All Access is readying a new take on the iconic sci-fi anthology. It's unclear at the moment if it's a straight-to-series order or just development.

The Rod Serling-created series ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959-1964. Producers CBS Television Studios retained the rights to the cult classic and will executive produce the new take. Sources say the show hails from Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw banner, with Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner. CBS All Access declined comment on Peele and Ramirez's involvement as official details have not yet been revealed beyond Moonves' initial announcement.

The news comes as CBS All Access has found success with its revival of Star Trek: Discovery, which the streamer said drove record subscriptions to the platform and has been renewed for a second season. The Twilight Zone joins a roster of CBS All Access scripted originals that also includes dramas The Good Fight (a spinoff of The Good Wife), Strange Angel, $1 and comedy No Activity.

Peele found success with the horror feature Get Out, which many have described as an African-American version of The Twilight Zone.

'Twilight Zone' Reboot From Jordan Peele in the Works at CBS All Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back