World cup rugby league 2017

Dutch1

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Australia over England in first round.

USA getting flogged verse Fiji (why america so bad?)

Discuss... im thinking australia vs nz in final with an easy australia win

your not wrong,kinda defeats the object of the competition though.

Tonga team is great, Australia looked shit against England.

They should win it thought.

Good win for 'Ireland' against 'Italy'! Wales looked like shit, destroyed by PNG. NZ looked decent against Samoa, who seemed to play pretty well despite the scoreline. Lots of errors though.

Still need to catch highlights of the other games.

yeah i was shocked Ireland won, but they did put in a great effort (unlike wales). Italy have an alright side with some NRL stars in it.

I'm actually not really interested in the Australian games.

Looking forward to the Tonga vs NZ match in round 3. I still think NZ wins though as they have the better halves and backs.

USA getting flogged verse Fiji (why america so bad?)

the NCAA doesn't even recognize rugby as a sport, let alone have scholarships.

I wonder if there is another sport that generates money for colleges and the NCAA that is somewhat similar to rugby?

I wonder if there is another sport that generates money for colleges and the NCAA that is somewhat similar to rugby?

Do you mean specifically rugby league? I'm pretty certain NCAA recognises rugby union.

Do you mean specifically rugby league? I'm pretty certain NCAA recognises rugby union.
Rugby is still just a club sport in US universities.n

Rugby for either men or women is not sanctioned by the NCAA

Rugby League seriously has to change its dumb eligibility rules.
Choose a fucking country with which you have history with and play for them for the rest of your career

Rugby League seriously has to change its dumb eligibility rules.
Choose a fucking country with which you have history with and play for them for the rest of your career

Sort of agree but it's so small in most other places that it's the only way. Tbh it's more like the Rugby League Heritage Cup lol...Australia, England and NZ vs Australia's reserves spread over the rest. Obviously they want to make it competitive but they should have rules that each country needs to have a certain number of players actually from there in the starting 13...I struggle to feel a real connection for the Irish league team when almost none of them are actually Irish in the match sqaud (maybe literally none). Still cheer for them but it's not the same.

I think basketball, or maybe, just maybe Murican football.

I think basketball, or maybe, just maybe Murican football.

That was my point.

As long as Football makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, then there is no incentive for the NCAA to officially recognize rugby. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an active movement to suppress rugby and keep it relegated to club status.

Odd, because rugby can be the solution to future Title IX lawsuits as an "equivalent sport for women" in the same way baseball/softball is.

In college, rugby was the most popular sport for women on our campus.

Rugby is still just a club sport in US universities.n

Rugby for either men or women is not sanctioned by the NCAA

Weird, but yes obviously understandable why they wouldn't want anything threatening the dominance of college football (even if that's unlikely).

Good to see a thread for this. Have really enjoyed watching the Lower tier teams go the last 2 weekends.

Fiji are looking classy and will be no easy beat, PNG are strong defensively and are briming with passion (Garry Lo is a beast and goes good ......for a winger) and Tonga should compete with the big 3.

The Aussies have been underwhelming and are looking beatable. Tonga or more likely NZ could do the job if they can match them in the pigs and if Johnson and RTS can produce the brilliance to get them over the line.

Back