Economy Bitcoin Doubters, Come Eat Your Crow

Thats what scares me the most about investing in Bitcoins, that it may be overpriced and if it falls you would lose alot due to it being overpriced. I would love to invest for a month or 2 then cash out.

People seem to rush in or rush out. I buy when people rush out if there is no big reason for a price drop. It worked out extremely well for me in July and September when the price dropped. I would wait for a dip in price, but then again i have no idea what i am doing. <45>

He idk

To make any real money you’d have to at least by 10-20k and I just don’t trust that on these “exchanges” despite my belief that bitcoin and other crypto currencies have value
then make a paper wallet savings account to transfer it to

Thats what scares me the most about investing in Bitcoins, that it may be overpriced and if it falls you would lose alot due to it being overpriced. I would love to invest for a month or 2 then cash out.

You don't have to buy full bitcoin. You can buy 100k satoshi.

You're gonna be kicking your own asses if Bitcoin does a big surge. Like hit 1 million overnight.

we should pool all sherdog posters money together and buy a bitcoin.

one coin to rule them all.....

is anyone here actually getting sell orders filled?

is it possible to spoof the exchange prices by some coked up walstreet guys collaborating their brokerage accounts back and forth?

with everything being anonymous i cant help but feel we are in the process of making another hollywood movie.

Someone told me that bitcoin was working on a deal with Amazon. Yuge for the currency if true.

I've made over $6k now. Not bad. But we all missed the gravy train. The only question is how far does it go before it derails?

Did you sell all your Bitcoin and cash out or are you riding it still ?

I never got on the bandwagon, and it's probably too late to start.

I never got on the bandwagon, and it's probably too late to start.
I kept saying that when it was like $900. But I eventually just bought a thousand dollars worth today just in case it hits a few hundred thousand in years down the line. So I only have 0.1 bitcoin but who knows, at least if anything crazy happens in the next decade I have some stake in it. If I was to lose it all it's not like $1000 loss is going to destroy my life. Gambling alone I've probably lost 10 times that over my life.

Last edited:
I kept saying that when it was like $900. But I eventually just bought a thousand dollars worth today just in case it hits a few hundred thousand in years down the line. So I only have 0.1 bitcoin but who knows, at least if anything crazy happens in the next decade I have some stake in it.

Can you describe the process?

Can you describe the process?
local bitcoin.com . Then I just found a seller that was in Australia who sold via cash deposit. Put the trade for 1000 dollars then he sent me his account details. Just had to go down the local bank and deposit the amount with a reference he gave me. They give you a receipt at the bank which you have to write "Bitcoin paid no refund". Just take a photo of that and send it through and he released the coins.

local bitcoin.com . Then I just found a seller that was in Australia who sold via cash deposit. Put the trade for 1000 dollars then he sent me his account details. Just had to go down the local bank and deposit the amount with a reference he gave me. They give you a receipt at the bank which you have to write "Bitcoin paid no refund". Just take a photo of that and send it through and he released the coins.

Just like that? No blow job involved or nothin'? :D

I would have imagined no local bank or photos. But all that's hardly insurmountable. :cool:

Just like that? No blow job involved or nothin'? :D

I would have imagined no local bank or photos. But all that's hardly insurmountable. :cool:
Some are more strict with their trades and request a photo of your ID if you're a new trader. Some were selling for around $9800 whilst the one I bought from was around $10200. It was all a bit of a pain in the ass but I'm glad I've got it out of the way. Now I just sit back and wait for bitcoin to hit 20 million so I can cash out my 2 million and retire happily ever after.

Some are more strict with their trades and request a photo of your ID if you're a new trader. Some were selling for around $9800 whilst the one I bought from was around $10200. It was all a bit of a pain in the ass but I'm glad I've got it out of the way. Now I just sit back and wait for bitcoin to hit 20 million so I can cash out my 2 million and retire happily ever after.

This ID shit doesn't sound very black-markety. :confused:

I bought about 20 bitcoins as they rose from 100 to 500. Finally sold them all at $1000.

Then I watched them drop to under $400, and never looked at it again...... until I heard it was close to hitting $5000...

Oh well, I made several thousand in one month on bitcoin, so I can't be mad.

I bought about 20 bitcoins as they rose from 100 to 500. Finally sold them all at $1000.

Then I watched them drop to under $400, and never looked at it again...... until I heard it was close to hitting $5000...

How did you cash them in?

You should call the CEO of Merrill Lynch and relate to him how badly you got "scammed".

Back