Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer for SCOOBY-DOO AND BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD Animated Movie

The Warner Bros. Home Entertainment animated family film will come out to DVD and Digital on January 9, 2018.

Last edited:
UNDATEABLE Creator Adam Sztykiel to Write Dwayne Johnson's BLACK ADAM Movie

wsY2N2r.png

Undateable creator Adam Sztykiel is in negotiations to write New Line and DC Entertainment’s Black Adam movie starring Dwayne Johnson as the popular antihero, the Tracking Board has exclusively learned.

There’s no director attached yet, but the film will be produced by Johnson and Hiram Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions, and Beau Flynn of the Flynn Picture Company. The villainous comic book character was created in 1945 by Otto Binder and C.C. Beck.

The news comes just days after New Line and DC set Zachary Levi (NBC’s Chuck) to play Shazam in the superhero film of the same name. Originally conceived to be the central antagonist in Shazam!, Black Adam was spun off into a separate film earlier this year and is being developed alongside its counterpart.

Sztykiel is no stranger to New Line, having penned We’re the Millers 2 and the Lonely Island-produced action comedy Spy Guys for the studio. He also wrote the Robert Downey Jr.-Zach Galifianakis comedy Due Date and the Patrick Dempsey-Michelle Monaghan rom-com Made of Honor.

Additionally, Sztykiel wrote a pair of family films for 20th Century Fox in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Trip and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul, as well as the holiday comedy The Fight Before Christmas for Fox and Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps banner. On the TV side, Sztykiel created the NBC comedy Undateable starring Chris D’Elia and Bianca Kajlich.

“Undateable” Creator Adam Sztykiel to Write Dwayne Johnson’s “Black Adam” Movie for New Line (Exclusive)

First Full-Length Red-Band Trailer for I, TONYA Starring Margot Robbie

Based on the unbelievable but true events, I, TONYA is a darkly comedic tale of American figure skater, Tonya Harding, and one of the most sensational scandals in sports history. Though Harding was the first American woman to complete a triple axel in competition, her legacy was forever defined by her association with an infamous, ill-conceived, and even more poorly executed attack on fellow Olympic competitor Nancy Kerrigan.

Featuring an iconic turn by Margot Robbie as the fiery Harding, a mustachioed Sebastian Stan as her impetuous ex-husband Jeff Gillooly, a tour-de-force performance from Allison Janney as her acid-tongued mother, LaVona Golden, and an original screenplay by Steven Rogers, Craig Gillespie’s I, TONYA is an absurd, irreverent, and piercing portrayal of Harding’s life and career in all of its unchecked––and checkered––glory. Opens Dec. 8 in limited theaters, followed by a nationwide rollout in January.

Six Women Accuses Filmmaker Brett Ratner of Sexual Harassment and Misconduct

Natasha Henstridge also claims the director forced her to perform oral sex on him.

ExD5w9o.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...se-brett-ratner-harassment-misconduct-1053679

High-profile director Brett Ratner has been accused of sexual assault or harassment by six women, including actresses Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, who detailed their experiences with Ratner to the Los Angeles Times.

Henstridge claims that Ratner forced her to perform oral sex on her in his New York apartment in the 1990s. The actress, then a 19-year-old model, was hanging out with the then-music video director watching TV. Henstridge fell asleep, she told the Times, and when she woke up the others had left and she was alone with Ratner. He blocked the exit and began touching himself, she tells the Times, and then he forced her to perform oral sex on him.

“He strong-armed me in a real way. He physically forced himself on me,” she said. “At some point, I gave in and he did his thing.”

Ratner's attorney Martin Singer dismissed the accounts of Henstridge and the five other women, who opened up to the Times in a series of interviews, saying the alleged sexual misconduct occurred in private homes, on movie sets or at industry events. None of the women the Times spoke to reported the allegations to the police, the paper says in its Wednesday (Nov. 1) story.

"I have represented Mr. Ratner for two decades, and no woman has ever made a claim against him for sexual misconduct or sexual harassment,” Singer wrote to The Times in a 10-page letter. “Furthermore, no woman has ever requested or received any financial settlement from my client.”

Henstridge was compelled to speak out, as hundreds of women have come forward about their experiences with sexual harassment or assault, including by such high-profile figures as Harvey Weinstein and director James Toback, in recent weeks.

Ratner acknowledged spending time with Henstridge but disputed her claims with Singer accusing her of being, “upset after learning my client had a girlfriend who he would not leave” for her.

58OPadw.jpg

Munn, meanwhile, said that Ratner masturbated in front of her when she visited him on the set of the 2004 movie he directed, After the Sunset. She wrote about the incident in a 2010 collection of essays but didn't name Ratner. Still, he memorably boasted about his exploits with Munn on a 2011 episode of Attack of the Show, a TV program that Munn had previously co-hosted.

"I used to date Olivia Munn, I will be honest with everybody here,” he said. “When she was ‘Lisa.’ That was the problem. She wasn’t Asian back then.”

“I banged her a few times ... but I forgot her,” Ratner added.

Days later, he told Howard Stern on the shock jock's eponymous SiriusXM radio show that he was lying and apologized for making her look like "a whore." "I felt horrible,” Ratner said. “I said I banged her three times, which wasn’t true.” Munn was new to Hollywood when she had her 2004 experience with Ratner and was asked to drop off some food in his trailer as a favor.

She was under the impression that he wouldn't be there, but he was. "He walked out ... with his belly sticking out, no pants on, shrimp cocktail in one hand and he was furiously masturbating in the other," Munn told the Times.

"And before I literally could even figure out where to escape or where to look, he ejaculated." She told the Times she let out a "startled scream" and raced out of his trailer and when she told the man who asked her to make the delivery, he said, Munn recalled, "It wasn't a shock. It wasn't surprise. It was just, ‘Ugh, sorry about that.’"

Munn said she called her sister, who urged her to speak to an attorney, but the lawyer she met with dissuaded her from going up against a powerful director.

She also talked to the Times about running into Ratner at a number of Hollywood events after the incident. She said she ran into him at a 2010 CAA party. Ratner asked her why she hated him and she said it's "more of a dislike."

Ratner angrily responded, Munn told the Times, “Why? I bought 10 of your magazines and came over all of them.”

The other women accusing Ratner in the Times are actresses Jaime Ray Newman, Katharine Towne, Eri Sasaki and Jorina King.

To read the other four women's accounts: http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-brett-ratner-allegations-20171101-htmlstory.html

Six Women Accuses Filmmaker Brett Ratner of Sexual Harassment and Misconduct

Natasha Henstridge also claims the director forced her to perform oral sex on him.

ExD5w9o.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...se-brett-ratner-harassment-misconduct-1053679

High-profile director Brett Ratner has been accused of sexual assault or harassment by six women, including actresses Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, who detailed their experiences with Ratner to the Los Angeles Times.

Henstridge claims that Ratner forced her to perform oral sex on her in his New York apartment in the 1990s. The actress, then a 19-year-old model, was hanging out with the then-music video director watching TV. Henstridge fell asleep, she told the Times, and when she woke up the others had left and she was alone with Ratner. He blocked the exit and began touching himself, she tells the Times, and then he forced her to perform oral sex on him.

“He strong-armed me in a real way. He physically forced himself on me,” she said. “At some point, I gave in and he did his thing.”

Ratner's attorney Martin Singer dismissed the accounts of Henstridge and the five other women, who opened up to the Times in a series of interviews, saying the alleged sexual misconduct occurred in private homes, on movie sets or at industry events. None of the women the Times spoke to reported the allegations to the police, the paper says in its Wednesday (Nov. 1) story.

"I have represented Mr. Ratner for two decades, and no woman has ever made a claim against him for sexual misconduct or sexual harassment,” Singer wrote to The Times in a 10-page letter. “Furthermore, no woman has ever requested or received any financial settlement from my client.”

Henstridge was compelled to speak out, as hundreds of women have come forward about their experiences with sexual harassment or assault, including by such high-profile figures as Harvey Weinstein and director James Toback, in recent weeks.

Ratner acknowledged spending time with Henstridge but disputed her claims with Singer accusing her of being, “upset after learning my client had a girlfriend who he would not leave” for her.

58OPadw.jpg

Munn, meanwhile, said that Ratner masturbated in front of her when she visited him on the set of the 2004 movie he directed, After the Sunset. She wrote about the incident in a 2010 collection of essays but didn't name Ratner. Still, he memorably boasted about his exploits with Munn on a 2011 episode of Attack of the Show, a TV program that Munn had previously co-hosted.

"I used to date Olivia Munn, I will be honest with everybody here,” he said. “When she was ‘Lisa.’ That was the problem. She wasn’t Asian back then.”

“I banged her a few times ... but I forgot her,” Ratner added.

Days later, he told Howard Stern on the shock jock's eponymous SiriusXM radio show that he was lying and apologized for making her look like "a whore." "I felt horrible,” Ratner said. “I said I banged her three times, which wasn’t true.” Munn was new to Hollywood when she had her 2004 experience with Ratner and was asked to drop off some food in his trailer as a favor.

She was under the impression that he wouldn't be there, but he was. "He walked out ... with his belly sticking out, no pants on, shrimp cocktail in one hand and he was furiously masturbating in the other," Munn told the Times.

"And before I literally could even figure out where to escape or where to look, he ejaculated." She told the Times she let out a "startled scream" and raced out of his trailer and when she told the man who asked her to make the delivery, he said, Munn recalled, "It wasn't a shock. It wasn't surprise. It was just, ‘Ugh, sorry about that.’"

Munn said she called her sister, who urged her to speak to an attorney, but the lawyer she met with dissuaded her from going up against a powerful director.

She also talked to the Times about running into Ratner at a number of Hollywood events after the incident. She said she ran into him at a 2010 CAA party. Ratner asked her why she hated him and she said it's "more of a dislike."

Ratner angrily responded, Munn told the Times, “Why? I bought 10 of your magazines and came over all of them.”

The other women accusing Ratner in the Times are actresses Jaime Ray Newman, Katharine Towne, Eri Sasaki and Jorina King.

To read the other four women's accounts: http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-brett-ratner-allegations-20171101-htmlstory.html

Yawn

First Full-Length Red-Band Trailer for I, TONYA Starring Margot Robbie

Based on the unbelievable but true events, I, TONYA is a darkly comedic tale of American figure skater, Tonya Harding, and one of the most sensational scandals in sports history. Though Harding was the first American woman to complete a triple axel in competition, her legacy was forever defined by her association with an infamous, ill-conceived, and even more poorly executed attack on fellow Olympic competitor Nancy Kerrigan.

Featuring an iconic turn by Margot Robbie as the fiery Harding, a mustachioed Sebastian Stan as her impetuous ex-husband Jeff Gillooly, a tour-de-force performance from Allison Janney as her acid-tongued mother, LaVona Golden, and an original screenplay by Steven Rogers, Craig Gillespie’s I, TONYA is an absurd, irreverent, and piercing portrayal of Harding’s life and career in all of its unchecked––and checkered––glory. Opens Dec. 8 in limited theaters, followed by a nationwide rollout in January.

This movie looks hilarious. Was really worried they were gonna glorify her white trash ass when I first heard about it

Thomas Jane Reveals New Plot Details from Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

P37S5TL.jpg

The Predator is headed to the suburbs in Shane Black’s upcoming reboot of the popular franchise. Star Thomas Jane spoke to Shadow Nation and revealed some new details about the highly anticipated film.

“We play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever,” Jane says. “But we’re all f---ing crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. We’re all like shellshocked, PTSD… soldiers. We’re at the VA hospital and we’re in group therapy and of course, somebody flips out…this is backstory, I don’t think we really see this…somebody flips out and we all get arrested and get thrown onto the bus to go down to the hospital and they throw this other guy on the bus too.”

“And he’s a guy they’ve actually marked to kill him because he’s seen a UFO, he’s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics,” he said. “They’re going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all just to get rid of this one guy. But, of course, we take the bus over and we’re all like ‘f--k that man, let’s go kill these f--king Predators ourselves’ and we’re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there’s these aliens out there.”

Jane will be joined in the new film by co-stars Keegan-Michael Key, Olivia Munn, Boyd Holbrook, Edward James-Olmos, Trevante Rhodes, Augusto Aguilera, Alfie Allen, and Yvonne Strahovski, with Jake Bousey playing the role of the son of Gary Busey's character from Predator 2. Shane Black will direct. The Predator opens in theaters on August 3, 2018.

Thomas Jane Reveals New Plot Details from Shane Black's The Predator

Megan Fox, Alan Ritchson, Olivia Thirlby to Star in MMA Fantasy Tale SHADOW GIRL

VyfrmU6.jpg

Olivia Thirlby, Alan Ritchson and Megan Fox are set to star in the magic realist tale Shadow Girl. Jim Gaffigan, Maria Dizzia and Tito Ortiz round out the cast. The news was announced Wednesday by Hipzee, Boundary Stone Films and Wrangle Entertainment.

Shadow Girl is the story of a young woman who has faded to the point of becoming invisible and must find her way back into the world. After more than a decade of solitude and making a living in the shadows as a paparazzi photographer, she meets the one man who can see her, a disgraced MMA fighter working as a bouncer, and discovers that it was one of her tabloid pictures that caused his downfall and that she must restore him to his former glory if she wants to regain a foothold in the world around her.

Shadow Girl is fundamentally about our need for connection and seeing beyond our own experience,” said writer and director Claudia Myers. “It's easy to get lost in a world where your sense of self is dependent on others.”

To help bring authenticity to the film’s fight scenes, the production is working with MMA trainers, fighter choreographers and stuntmen. Emmanuel Manzanares is overseeing talent training and fight choreography, while stunts are coordinated by Tim Gallin (The Following, Doctor Strange). Manzanares is best known to the MMA/film world as a martial arts expert, a top-level stuntman, a fight choreographer and as an action editor for blockbuster hits such as Logan and X-Men: Apocalypse. Ortiz, who stars in the film, is a UFC light heavyweight champion and became the biggest pay-per-view draw of 2006 for his fights against Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin and Ken Shamrock.

American Film Market: Megan Fox, Olivia Thirlby and Alan Ritchson Board Magic Realist Tale 'Shadow Girl'

Mark Strong in Talks to Play the Villain Doctor Sivana in SHAZAM!

nJA0RBr.jpg

Mark Strong is readying a return to the DC universe. The actor is in early talks to join Shazam! in a villain role, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. He would play Doctor Sivana in the film, which stars Zachary Levi as the hero Captain Marvel.

David F. Sandberg is directing Shazam! for New Line Cinema. The film follows a boy named Billy Batson, who can transform into an adult superhero by uttering the magic word "Shazam!" The name is an acronym of the ancient world gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury, from which Batson derives his heroic attributes when in adult form.

As for his Shazam character, Thaddeus Sivana — Dr. Sivana, if you're nasty — is Shazam's longtime arch-nemesis, debuting alongside the hero in 1940's Whiz Comics No. 2. The archetypal mad scientist, Sivana has traditionally been portrayed as one of the smartest men alive, but one given to squandering his gifts on ridiculous inventions that no-one could understand, turning him bitter, twisted and eager to do the wrong thing as long as it helped him out. Unusually, he's often helped in his bad deeds by his family, which includes ex-wife Venus and children Magnificus, Beautia, Georgia and Thaddeus Jr. (Apparently, his genius didn't extend to naming children.)

Strong previously starred in 2011's Green Lantern, playing the classic DC villain Sinestro, and has strong comic book credentials, having played the villain in 2010's Kick-Ass and also having roles in 2015's Kingsman: The Secret Service and September's Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Shazam! is eyeing a February start date in Toronto. The film is being developed concurrently with a project focusing on Shazam! villain Black Adam to star Dwayne Johnson.

Mark Strong in Talks to Play the Villan Doctor Sivana in DC Comics Adaptation of 'Shazam!'

2nd Trailer for THE DISASTER ARTIST Explores Tommy Wiseau's Background

Based on Greg Sestero’s best-selling tell-all about the making of Tommy Wiseau's cult-classic disasterpiece The Room (“The Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made”). The Disaster Artist, starring James Franco, Dave Franco, and Seth Rogen. In select theaters December 1 and nationwide December 8.

Mark Strong in Talks to Play the Villain Doctor Sivana in SHAZAM!

nJA0RBr.jpg

Mark Strong is readying a return to the DC universe. The actor is in early talks to join Shazam! in a villain role, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. He would play Doctor Sivana in the film, which stars Zachary Levi as the hero Captain Marvel.

David F. Sandberg is directing Shazam! for New Line Cinema. The film follows a boy named Billy Batson, who can transform into an adult superhero by uttering the magic word "Shazam!" The name is an acronym of the ancient world gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury, from which Batson derives his heroic attributes when in adult form.

As for his Shazam character, Thaddeus Sivana — Dr. Sivana, if you're nasty — is Shazam's longtime arch-nemesis, debuting alongside the hero in 1940's Whiz Comics No. 2. The archetypal mad scientist, Sivana has traditionally been portrayed as one of the smartest men alive, but one given to squandering his gifts on ridiculous inventions that no-one could understand, turning him bitter, twisted and eager to do the wrong thing as long as it helped him out. Unusually, he's often helped in his bad deeds by his family, which includes ex-wife Venus and children Magnificus, Beautia, Georgia and Thaddeus Jr. (Apparently, his genius didn't extend to naming children.)

Strong previously starred in 2011's Green Lantern, playing the classic DC villain Sinestro, and has strong comic book credentials, having played the villain in 2010's Kick-Ass and also having roles in 2015's Kingsman: The Secret Service and September's Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Shazam! is eyeing a February start date in Toronto. The film is being developed concurrently with a project focusing on Shazam! villain Black Adam to star Dwayne Johnson.

Mark Strong in Talks to Play the Villan Doctor Sivana in DC Comics Adaptation of 'Shazam!'
Mark Strong as a bad guy?????

Seems like a stretch to me.

Ok, this is a bit of news I can get behind...

EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Media will finance and produce a new version of Red Sonja and is looking to it as a new franchise for the company. The project will be produced by Millennium’s Avi Lerner and Joe Gatta alongside Cinelou’s Mark Canton and Courtney Solomon. They are fast-tracking this project and next will hire a writer.

Red Sonja is based on a heroine created by Robert E Howard as adapted into the Marvel comics of the 1970s. She has appeared in hundreds of comic books over the decades, which Dynamite Entertainment continues publishing today.

“We have been waiting for the right time for this remake,” said Lerner, “and with the success of Wonder Woman, the audience has spoken. They want female heroes.”

[---]

The first Red Sonja film in 1985 starred (and introduced) Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold Schwarzenegger. This version will be different, with fresh story ideas and characters.

I would love nothing more than a good Red Sonja movie, although I believe the IP better suited for a Netflix show.

Can't think of anyone to play her though, off the top of my head.

Last edited:
@JadeOwl When I saw your name outside the thread, I knew it would be about Red Sonja. :) Top of my head, I think Melanie Scrofano and Bridget Regan would be great for the role. Their age might be a problem though.

Thanks to Wonder Woman's massive success, I'm expecting talks of the rebooted Xena TV series to be revived again any day now.

@JadeOwl When I saw your name outside the thread, I knew it would be about Red Sonja. :) Top of my head, I think Melanie Scrofano and Bridget Regan would be great for the role. Their age might be a problem though.

Thanks to Wonder Woman's massive success, I'm expecting talks of the rebooted Xena TV series to be revived again any day now.

Melanie and Bridget would be superb choices but the assholes in Hollywood are not going to give the role to someone in their mid-30s unless she is a Big Name.

Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder Reunite in First DESTINATION WEDDING Photo

The first photo of Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves in the romantic comedy Destination Wedding is here. This will be Reeves and Ryder’s fourth film together after Bram Stoker’s Dracula, A Scanner Darkly and The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.

Destination Wedding tells the story of two miserable and unpleasant wedding guests, both pariahs at this affair, who develop a mutual affection despite themselves. But to act on those feelings would be to trust hope over experience, a foolish choice indeed.

KcYD825.jpg

Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder Reunite for the Fourth Time in First Destination Wedding Photo

ANDI MACK Star Asher Angel Lands Billy Batson Role in SHAZAM! Movie

laOd2KX.jpg

Asher Angel, one of the leads on Disney Channel’s Andi Mack, has snagged the role of Billy Batson opposite Zachary Levi in New Line’s DC superhero movie Shazam!

The project is casting up as it heads toward a production start in early 2018, with Mark Strong already in talks to play the villain and Grace Fulton in line for a lead.

The DC Entertainment superhero story centers on a boy named Billy Batson who can transform into an adult superhero by uttering the magic word "Shazam!" The name is an acronym of the ancient world gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury, from which Batson derives his heroic attributes when in adult form. Levi is starring as Batson’s alter ego, the adult hero known as Captain Marvel.

David F. Sandberg (Annabelle: Creation) is directing Shazam! from a screenplay by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke.

The Batson role is a big break for Angel, who plays Jonah Beck, the love interest for tween girl Mack on Disney’s Andi Mack. He has had a handful of appearances in TV and shorts, and recently wrapped his feature debut with an indie titled On Pointe.

Warner Bros 'Shazam!' Movie Finds Its Billy Batson with 'Andi Mack' Actor Asher Angel

Final Trailer for FIFTY SHADES FREED Teases the Last Chapter

Believing they have left behind shadowy figures from their past, newlyweds Christian and Ana fully embrace an inextricable connection and shared life of luxury. But just as she steps into her role as Mrs. Grey and he relaxes into an unfamiliar stability, new threats could jeopardize their happy ending before it even begins. The final chapter begins this Valentine’s Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back