Canadian whites under fire for refusing to more to the back of a concert

Kind of a weird thing to be up in arms about considering the chick is a walking SJW caricature. So, submissive sjw whitey fans of hers should know what to expect and feel great shame for being in the front, looking at her in the eyes, existing etc.

Just read her interview with billboard:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...eaks-halifax-pop-explosion-racism-controversy

Lido Pimienta: I started asking men specifically to go to the back of the room because in my 15+ years of attending shows, both on stage and in the audience, men make it unsafe for me to be in such spaces.

From the audience’s point of view, [men] for the most part will not think twice before they put themselves right in front of you. I am a short woman, so I always have to show up very early to be able to enjoy the music, to see the acts... From the stage point of view, I noticed how most men who plant themselves at the front, they tend to overpower ME. Their presence usually at my own show is a threatening one and I have had men grab me, grab my hands, grab my waist, scream "TE AMO MAMACITA." My show is all about high energy and high feminine power, so I can see for some men, my energy reads "sexual" and they feel like my show is FOR THEM, when in fact, my show if anything, is for WOMXN.

When I started asking womxn to the front, I noticed how white women were usually at the front and brown girls would be behind the white girls, a bit more shy, a bit more restrained. Even at HPX, I had to call out a few black girls who were "too shocked" and felt I was "putting them on the spot" by saying, "Girl come to the front! This is for you!" As an immigrant, as an Afro-Indigenous person, as an intersectional feminist, as a mother and all of the other signifiers that qualify me as "other," I understand what it is like to not see yourself in the media, to not see yourself in institutions and to not see yourself represented or reflected at a music show, because the "artist of colour" (and I put that in quotation marks because even that term is extremely problematic), we don’t get to see each other at that level.

My being on stage in an otherwise mainly white folk artist bill, in Nova Scotia, a province famous for the segregation and mistreatment of African Nova Scotians, was not meant to be an act of HATE AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE. It was meant, as it has always been to me, [as] an act of love for the children of these African Nova Scotians, the children of Somalian refugees who ended up somehow in Halifax, and for the children of the many immigrant and migrant folks who, just like my mother, one day arrived in Canada with a specific narrative but the same story of "hoping for a better future." But still for us, the children of these immigrants, it is still quite strange, the act of enjoying ourselves uninterrupted by a white person who feels threatened by our presence.

This is why I do what I do, because I understand the feeling of oppression and exclusion. I never asked white folks to leave my show, I would never do that. I never ask men to leave my show, I ask them to share the space in a more significant manner as an act of love and solidarity with people who, outside of the music show bubble, have to constantly justify their existence to the world.

Lol it sounds like white women and especially white men should stop buying tickets and merchandise from this lady. They're very clearly not welcome.

She obviously has mental issues:

<{clintugh}>

I actually understand her rage, as having no monitors on stage is like a carpenter not being able to see as he's building a staircase. But her 'music' is awful so it wouldn't have made her 'performance' any better.

"I want to thank my beautiful mother, for enduring white supremacy in Canada" ROFL

He's just a goof tbh. So there isn't really much to see in the 1st place.

Good to see you around btw bud

good to see you too, dude

always a nice read

That cheeseburger degree of his is starting to show.

wow!

il_570xN.720124023_krgh.jpg

The performer asked the white photographer to move to the back. She refused. The refusal is the overt racism the organization complains of. The person who refused to move to the back because of her race, is the racist, according to the article.

corporate is likely unaware, but this really is an embarrassing moment for the site

imo the admins should remove the individual from his position, and ownership should support that action and distance themselves from the individual

what remains unresolved?

I went through 11 pages just for a response from @panamaican

did not follow his line of thought here at all.

you're not alone in that, dad

indeed @Son of Jamin, @flashNsmash, @method115, @Lionel Mandrake, @Kafir-kun, @peytonlucy, @WiolentOne, @lifelessheap, @PEDS Help me Post, @klnOmega, @clmetal, @LogicalInsanity, @KantoTerror, @MaxMMA, @AGGAMEMNON66, @IngaVovchanchyn, @Pwent, @Culombo, @The Diplomat, @Gluteus Swag, @PrinceOfPain, @Devout Pessimist, @D3THRONED, @RIPWarrior, @Gunny, @Cajun, @Cubo de Sangre, @BudKing8806, @Darkballs,@Palis, and I are all still waiting to hear back

@panamaican pls respond

Last edited:

always a nice read

wow!

corporate is likely unaware, but this really is an embarrassing moment for the site

imo the admins should remove the individual from his position, and ownership should support that decision and distance themselves from the individual

indeed @Son of Jamin, @flashNsmash, @method115, @Lionel Mandrake, @Kafir-kun, @peytonlucy, @WiolentOne, @lifelessheap, @PEDS Help me Post, @klnOmega, @clmetal, @LogicalInsanity, @KantoTerror, @MaxMMA, @AGGAMEMNON66, @IngaVovchanchyn, @Pwent, @Culombo, @The Diplomat, @Gluteus Swag, @PrinceOfPain, @Devout Pessimist, @D3THRONED, @RIPWarrior, @Gunny, @Cajun, @Cubo de Sangre, @BudKing8806, @Darkballs,@Palis, and I are all still waiting to hear back

@panamaican pls respond

Be careful...there has been a purge of conservative and/or remotely conservative voices on this forum.

I had a white woman discriminate against me in my undergrad. Should have fought with her, just wante s to get through. I caught her. She was marking my weekly journals way down innapropriately to get me at a B. I saw the other journals and compared a couple, I would have won if I took it next level. Didn't want to waste the time.

I was downgraded to a B by a feminist lesbian prof.

always a nice read

wow!

imo the admins should remove the individual from his position, and ownership should support that decision and distance themselves from the individual

@panamaican pls respond
I don't see @panamaican showing himself in this thread again.

Somehow I get the feeling this singer doesn't use white cotton balls to apply makeup.

@panamaican showed his true colors, something I've known and have spoken out about before.

He's also got a weird infatuation with that chick in his AV. Poor girl... i mean usually people have pictures of hot bitches in their AV but it's a well known floozy like Scar Jo or Kylie or Minka Kelly. This dude supposedly has his wife as his AV on fucking Sherdog lmao.

I know i wouldn't do that to my wife and probably everyone else here would agree. So either he's not really married to her and is really obsessed or he's married and is out of touch with reality of with what to put as an Sherdog AV.

Weird shit either way, gave me the shivers just thinking about this poor girl hanging from hooks in his basement.

Lol I wouldn't be moving anywhere

It would be hilarious if someone stopped her concert from continuing because they refused to move. Would sort of fix the issue going forward if people did that concert after concert.

always a nice read

wow!

@panamaican pls respond

Christ with a few exceptions a who’s who of the Sherdog’s Salt Fright LOL

And for the record I think @panamaican is a high caliber poster and mod. He is wrong here though.

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?
With all due respect, the point. ;)

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?

the person asked to move was an accredited festival volunteer photographer

Who was removed by the artist and the concert distanced themselves from them. What issue remains unresolved here?

that they were asked to move solely because of the colour of their skin?
how did that remain unresolved?
You're the one introducing this artificial "resolved appropriately" non-point point that literally no one cares about but you. Way to obfuscate the point. You're a smart guy and I usually like you, but I have no idea why you waste your intellect with this drivel.

lol

So canada is as retarded if not more than the very moronic western Europe.

Oh much much more.
Western Europe is dealing with major border issues that might mess it up for future generations but it comes from a punctual isse rather.

Canada on the other hand is FUBAR with PC and multiculturalism, people have been brainwashed.

You're the one introducing this artificial "resolved appropriately" non-point point that literally no one cares about but you. Way to obfuscate the point. You're a smart guy and I usually like you, but I have no idea why you waste your intellect with this drivel.

This is without question, one of the biggest di*k tucks in Sherdog History.

Do you think he's ever going to respond?

I dont feel comfortable posting at a place where racists like @panamaican are moderators. Children post here and are impressionable, i would hate for them to think that its ok to discriminate against anyone because of their race, religion, sexual orientation and such.

lol

So canada is as retarded if not more than the very moronic western Europe.
Yes, it's basically Western Europe without the history, the culture, the architecture, the cuisine and the nice weather.

Back