Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reactions are from Comic Book journos and Film Criritcs, not a bunch of random DC fans.

The movie sounds like it'll be better reviewed than SS, BvS, and possibly MoS.

Is that why there was an embargo?

23467169_1563840610321862_7105637060598496579_o.jpg

Is that why there was an embargo?

Have no idea. I'm assuming they do this to take the temp of a certain swath of the tastemakers who are engaged with fanboy films (heroic Hollywood, the wrap, collider etc). Then use that as a gauge as to whether to move up the non fanboy media embargo date.

The fact that many of the reactions are noting issues with the movie leads me to believe some mainstream critics will not like it. But if the movie is as fun/funny (not serious) as it seems, it'll get a soft-pass from many, as many flawed but fun Marvel films have in the past.

Last edited:
The reactions are from Comic Book journos and Film Criritcs, not a bunch of random DC fans.

The movie sounds like it'll be better reviewed than SS, BvS, and possibly MoS.

Never heard of any of them. I'll be interested in what the big dogs have to say; major newspapers and film magazines like Empire.

Have no idea. I'm assuming they do this to take the temp of a certain swath of the tastemakers who are engaged with fanboy films (heroic Hollywood, the wrap, collider etc). Then use that as a gauge as to whether to move up the non fanboy media embargo date.

The fact that many of the reactions are noting issues with the movie leads me to believe some mainstream critics will not like it. But if the movie is as fun/funny (not serious) as it seems, it'll get a soft-pass from many as many flawed but fun Marvel films have in the past.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say here.

They held off on letting the first critics who saw it give their thoughts a bit longer than usual. That's always a troubling sign. It shows even the studio could tell it didn't go over well.

In a bit of a dishonest but accepted trade, these first reviews are almost always as positive as they can be. The trade is the reviewers get the early scoop, the studio gets better publicity. But here we're seeing some pretty outright criticisms you don't usually see.

That tells me the more honest reviews are gonna be much harsher because this movie isn't gonna be good.

Never heard of any of them. I'll be interested in what the big dogs have to say; major newspapers and film magazines like Empire.

I've seen some positive reactions by critics from Forbes, People mag, and USA Today.

There are bound to be negatives. But it sounds like an "improvement" from 2016s releases.

And same thing about not having heard about some of the critics and/or sites. But that's the state of film criticism now.

So many of these YouTube and fanboy blogger critics are counted on Rotten Tomatoues that it dilutes the platform somewhat.

Even allowing for high heels, this ilustrates how tall Gadot is:cool:
It's pretty apparent how much taller the JLA is compared to the Manlet Cinematic Universe.

Fairly certain RDJ, Renner, and Ruffalo earn midgetary tax incentives.

Does Superman show up to fight in this? I'll still see it regardless but I'd rather know it going in. Going to be severely disappointed to watch a JL movie without him. He's my favorite superhero.

It's pretty apparent how much taller the JLA is compared to the Manlet Cinematic Universe.

Fairly certain RDJ, Renner, and Ruffalo earn midgetary tax incentives.

The MCU is bigger where it counts...

Profits;)

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say here.

They held off on letting the first critics who saw it give their thoughts a bit longer than usual. That's always a troubling sign. It shows even the studio could tell it didn't go over well.

In a bit of a dishonest but accepted trade, these first reviews are almost always as positive as they can be. The trade is the reviewers get the early scoop, the studio gets better publicity. But here we're seeing some pretty outright criticisms you don't usually see.

That tells me the more honest reviews are gonna be much harsher because this movie isn't gonna be good.

There's no such thing as an Honest review. Especially when it comes to Cinematic Universes.

All movie studios play favorites and politics with critics for one reason or another (see Disney barring the LA Times from reviewing there movies).
It's standard practice.

That the embargo on print press hasn't been dropped yet means little to nothing.

I honestly think some of you guys are getting fooled by Marvel gerrymandering there release dates and embargo lifts for their movies. For example:

Thor Ragnarok had its embargo lifted roughly on the 19th or 20th of October (about two weeks ahead of its North American release date).
But the movie actually rolled out internationally on the 24th of October. So basically the embargo on press was dropped only like 5 days before Ragnarok was released.

But afaik Justice League is opening day and date globally (not staggered) because of Star Wars coming out right behind it.

So in actuality the date WB has set as the embargo drop, sometime next week, is pretty commensurate with how Marvel rolled out Ragnarok.

But I get it, people will spin his stuff to suit their own preconceived narrative.

Last edited:
The real question here is...

Wonder Woman or The Black Widow

pick one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back