This Is Why We Need Affirmative Action

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know Larry David is kidding, but he isn't. Right Wingers act like if an Orange Bum is going to apply for a job, and get hired over a Green Genius, because the Orange people were oppressed by Green people once upon a time in history.

However, this is not how things work. If your resume is being looked at, and you make it to the interview, you are qualified for the job. So, the only thing that is left to judge, are things that you can't put in a resume or CV.

Let's be honest, if it comes down to that, a Green Boss will be more likely to hire a Green Employee. That is just a fact of life. As long as we qualify ourselves as Green, Orange, Blue, Red and whatever else skin color, the probability of associating with our own skin color is pretty high.

Affirmative Action males sense to me. I don't think 1 or 2 qualified Orange people being hired over a Green person, in a society dominated by Green people is something to get triggered or cringed about. LOL

Employers shouldn't consider skin color when choosing a candidate. I don't care what Larry David says.

Employers shouldn't consider skin color when choosing a candidate. I don't care what Larry David says.
I say we replace names on CVs with some sort of random ID. Also no asking about race. Also everyone wears a full body suit and mask to hide their skin colour.

Good point. I understand why aa was originally introduced, but in the last year or so I've been thinking that the playing field is more level now. I don't know how I feel about it anymore.

Everyone just needs to hurry up and become olive colored. It's the next step in our evolutionary process. And some of you guys are pretty far behind.

I say we replace names on CVs with some sort of random ID. Also no asking about race. Also everyone wears a full body suit and mask to hide their skin colour.

That could work for school admissions, but most employers want to formally speak to someone before they hire them.

I know Larry David is kidding, but he isn't. Right Wingers act like if an Orange Bum is going to apply for a job, and get hired over a Green Genius, because the Orange people were oppressed by Green people once upon a time in history.

However, this is not how things work. If your resume is being looked at, and you make it to the interview, you are qualified for the job. So, the only thing that is left to judge, are things that you can't put in a resume or CV.

Let's be honest, if it comes down to that, a Green Boss will be more likely to hire a Green Employee. That is just a fact of life. As long as we qualify ourselves as Green, Orange, Blue, Red and whatever else skin color, the probability of associating with our own skin color is pretty high.

Affirmative Action males sense to me. I don't think 1 or 2 qualified Orange people being hired over a Green person, in a society dominated by Green people is something to get triggered or cringed about. LOL

Well, it seems like the yellow folks are getting unfairly fucked over nowadays because their parents push them to succeed...

I'd rather just not consider orange or green.

All interviews should be given without knowing the color/sex of a person. That's my dream.

Its true, but nothing much that you can do about it since people will be prejudged even unconsciously.

Nah, we will be judged by a citizen score, like the Chinese are doing.

Well, it seems like the yellow folks are getting unfairly fucked over nowadays because their parents push them to succeed...

Please, if 2 people with the exact resume show up, one being asian and the other being black, who are you going to pick honestly?

If you manage to get an interview you can bypass the race handicap with a superb presentation.

Every black person should have a suit in their closet for when they need to ask for a job.

Please, if 2 people with the exact resume show up, one being asian and the other being black, who are you going to pick honestly?

It would depend on how they answered the questions I ask them. Creativity and quick thinking don't appear on a resume.

Also, if the black guy can cook soul food he gets the job 10/10 times.

It would depend on how they answered the questions I ask them. Creativity and quick thinking don't appear on a resume.

Also, if the black guy can cook soul food he gets the job 10/10 times.

They both made the same impression in the end.

Who do you think will be the more responsible individual and least likely to leave you hanging?

Ill be the first to admit that people who look "urban poor" will get a big ? when i read their resumes.

They both made the same impression in the end.

Who do you think will be the more responsible individual and least likely to leave you hanging?

Ill be the first to admit that people who look "urban poor" will get a big ? when i read their resumes.

That isn't how the real world works. One of those people will have a better answer than the other.

If a black man shows up with a super impressive resume, why would I think he'd let me down? Because he's black?

Back