Is Jordan B Peterson's new website idea an atrocious one or reasonable one?

emax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
To begin with, Dr Peterson has man ideas that I wholeheartedly support and I can legitimately say his youtube videos have in some capacity truly helped me out already. I think that he has numerous ideas that are genuinely fresh and new and has in the last couple years made a name for himself because of how well he expressed them at a time when the skepticism of, for example, New Atheists and similar movements have become obsolete.

That said, what do you make of this idea?

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...asses-he-calls-indoctrination-cults-1.4396974

Is this an example of he who fights monsters becoming them or a reasonable way to fight back in current times? Has Dr Peterson succeeded or not so much when it comes to making sure he doesn't become an ideological cult leader himself the way he says cultural Marxists have?

Last edited:
To begin with, Dr Peterson has man ideas that I wholeheartedly support and I can legitimately say his youtube videos have in some capacity truly made my life better already. I think that he has numerous ideas that are genuinely fresh and new and has in the last couple years made a name for himself because of how well he expressed them at a time when the skepticism of, for example, New Atheists and similar movements have become obsolete.

That said, what do you make of this idea?

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...asses-he-calls-indoctrination-cults-1.4396974

Is this an example of he who fights monsters becoming them or a reasonable way to fight back in current times? Has Dr Peterson succeeded or not so much when it comes to making sure he doesn't become an ideological cult leader himself the way he says cultural Marxists have?

Welcome to my personal debate with Bernie and the social progressives.

Where do you draw the line on the realities of the world, and our demand for ideological purity?

Welcome to my personal debate with Bernie and the social progressives.

Where do you draw the line on the realities of the world, and our demand for ideological purity?
It may be that in order to restore a true culture of freedom of expression, it necessitates the implementation of technological measures that inevitably will be seen as creating cult mentalities among critics. That we're just too far gone to have solutions that don't have the potential for severe abuse.

rhetorical op?

how could it be a bad idea

I dont feel I'm qualified to speak on the metaphysical properties of a website. I dont know how I could even articulate what that means, given variables I cant rationalize in a logical way.
1489445313782.png

If it offers students a way to avoid the postmodernist/NeoMarxist stuff that is being pushed in from above then fair play. Naturally that would ruffle some feathers but it can give people a choice to get a more honest education.

His YouTube videos have made your life better?

Lol
why is that, I always thought psychology had it purpose but nothing I needed, hell I wish I would have found the guy 20 years ago

why is that, I always thought psychology had it purpose but nothing I needed, hell I wish I would have found the guy 20 years ago

Same. Would have saved a lot of headache trying to sort through a lot of BS on my own.

#alternative education
nobody is forcing people into taking classes
cultural marxism my ass, he should be concentrating on creationism in schools

I would be worried if he demanded the state to assist him in shutting down the opposition. If it's an individual project of his, well, good luck. It's not like it differs much from him trashing those same people on a podcast.

#alternative education
nobody is forcing people into taking classes
cultural marxism my ass, he should be concentrating on creationism in schools

I don't think they teach creationism in Canada.

Yeah it's kinda weird thinking we need more anti-religious people. It's a saturated market for those. It's kinda like the new religion!

Most definitely.

Brilliant man.

Pointing out absurdity is the least a thinking person can do, not a sign of brilliance. Peterson is a peddler of woo woo. He says "create new relationships, it will enrich you!!" and people pretend as if this is a foundational insight.

Pointing out absurdity is the least a thinking person can do, not a sign of brilliance. Peterson is a peddler of woo woo. He says "create new relationships, it will enrich you!!" and people pretend as if this is a foundational insight.

That's not exactly all that he's saying.

I would be worried if he demanded the state to assist him in shutting down the opposition. If it's an individual project of his, well, good luck. It's not like it differs much from him trashing those same people on a podcast.
When someone is demanding gov't action of any kind in order to battle ideas and concepts they don't like, they've lost and need to make like Robert E Lee at the end of the Civil War and hand their battle sword in.

Here is a write up of American schools that teach creationism. Definitely a problem, to be sure, but doesn't seem to be as widespread as the militant critics think, considering there are many thousands of public and private schools in the US. And this is Slate so it's possible this report exaggerates it somewhat. Even at the end they note that the report refers to schools allowed to teach it, not necessariyl those that do. Given the state of American education, protesting consistently about creationism is looking at a house overrun with giant hornets, yellowjackets, wasps, bees, scorpions and spiders and centipedes in the walls and protesting over a few moths fluttering in the window.
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ed_where_tax_money_supports_alternatives.html

Yeah it's kinda weird thinking we need more anti-religious people. It's a saturated market for those. It's kinda like the new religion!
as opposed to dinosaurs running around with jesus, give me a break

Another balanced article from the CBC...

If anyone is familiar with academia in Canada, this is a very good idea. Most parents don't know what they're signing up their kids for, and a lot of the social sciences are racist cesspools. Shine a light on these cockroaches, they're only creating division and animosity in the country where you could argue that racial harmony was achieved.

Back