Stop making excuses for Anderson Silva

If you want to believe GSP was natty with that physique while training mma 8 hours a day, good for you.

You know, back in the day baseless PED accusasions were cause for a ban here on Sherdog.

Too bad we've fallen far from those days.

If GSP ever pops, I'm out.

If I was an Anderson fan, I'd shut my mouth right now. I wouldn't run around accusing everyone else.

Same mate.

I remember when Anderson got busted the first time round. All his fans were trying to deflect from it by witch hunting GSP possibly being on PED's. It's embarrassing

Your favorite guy does it too.

Everyone dopes.

Hilarious how people are still this naive about the world.

We'll see.

I spent a decade training with Olympians in Montreal and none of them were on the juice. They had zero money and trained like maniacs. They looked exactly like people look who fail the eye test, and they were completely clean. What do you think guys that train eight hours a day for a combat sport look like?

It's entirely possible GSP is on the juice. The money involved, his ridiculous conditioning, his desire to be the best, it's possible even likely.

Until he pops, though, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, and if he does pop, I'm done.

You sound like you really believe he was natty.
<{outtahere}>

Yeah, you sound like someone who's fat and doesn't/can't do anything about it. GSP hasn't failed a drug test. Anderson has, multiple times but hey everyone is using apparently. Can you prove that?

Maybe you should find new friends if they take $100 bills from your wallet.

You weren't training with anyone serious if they weren't on juice.

Everyone juices.

Either that or you have not yet acquired the modern art of fake natty spotting.

Everyone who is anyone is on the Tropicana. When there is money fame and accolades on the line, the risk is too great of the other person doping.

That's why mayweather has been accused of retiring solely for the sake of doping. being retired he isn't held under the same rules as an active fighter when it comes to random out of competition testing. so he retires, takes the finest designer dope recipes to the glutes and then returns. why? because the chances of the next opponent he's facing risking their own career to take his position by doping to beat him that one time are astronomical. if nothing else, Floyd is one of the smartest fighters ever in terms of playing the game how it must be played.

I've trained with Olympic medalists who were undeniably clean.

This is Canada. The athletes were poor and not sponsored. Some of them lived with me. They were clean.

Anderson was an above average fighter in Pride where everyone was on drugs freely on playing on an even playing field.

And yes fighters can get better, so sure the guy improved I believe that, but he was the only fighter who was light years better in the UFC than in Pride where he was free to do drugs.

Ever other Pride fighter was worse in the UFC (Crocop, Shogun, Wanderlei) or equally effective(Werdum, Hendo, Nog, Rampage) but he was the one outlier in this respect.

Any Olympian is doping. The Olympics are extremely juicy. they just hide behind the cheerio and wheaties ads.

You'll understand when you're older.

I'm fifty. I lived with Olympians.

You're wrong.

Lol there really aren't 'new test methods'. Most of the past samples are negative by the simple fact that they really are clean, because they were fight night samples, the drugs are already out of their system. Anderson popped on his first out of competition sample (in the Nick fight). Before that, he was only tested on fight night.

Also, I don't see why one should be able to call GSP a cheater when he hasn't been caught. His body doesn't even have an incredible shape, I don't see why people say this. That said, he COULD be a cheater.
No GBcrazy, the legend says (I'm not sure if that's real or sherdog talk, but that's how it's being told) that they keep blood samples (that one or two ounces thingie) frozen so that if the test is ever challenged by law or a new test comes out they can take a part of it and test it, see? They don't leave it over on a storage room or something.

You can feel free to not see why should [one] be able to complain about GSP since he never got caught because there's not proof of that, but them you have to be honest with yourself and state that we can't presume fault on Silva's older fights like vs Sonnen 1, 2, Griffin, or whoever, otherwise you'd be a tremendous hypocrite.

Although, likewise you've said in your very last phrase, we can talk about COULDs and SHOULDs on WhatsApp and such as long as it's just words in the wind..

I don't care what people think of Silva, as long as it follows the same rules to all other fighters. I do think he used PED prior to his two busts, but I don't have proof of that and I also think a lot of other people use PEDs just as well, I'm quite in a transition to accept that everyone uses PEDs, it's an unspoken truth.

All fighters are cheaters.

They all take things to gain an advantage legal or illegal. Anderson top 5 GOAT.

Really?? so, they are no testing MM? GSP? Stipe? Woodley, Conor, Cormier, Frankie, etc?? everyone is tested nowadays!!!! how come high profile guys like these haven't been caught yet??

Yea and everyone Silva fought was 100% clean.

because commissions do NOT keep samples for future analysis, so there are no old samples of Silva's to be tested.
the truth is, the first time he was random tested under Nevada's new testing program he was caught (not once, but twice, for multiple substances)
and hes now been caught by usada
i kinda give a pass to people who where cheating when there was virtually no testing.. but carry on using once proper testing comes along, thats different..

But, we dont know what the substance is so its really hard to make a judgement call at the moment
RARed it for better display, hope you don't mind.

I'm pretty much onboard with you, besides all the talk we used to hear that all blood samples were kept frozen for future testing and/or court rulings, this is proof and this affects deeply the reputation of a professional fighter, yet nobody knows for real sure what happens on USADA, or even worse, whoever did the testing before USADA.

I used to cut him a little lip due to pushing fun fights to watch, I'm often that shallow and I'm okay with it, UFC for me is only entertainment, but since he went vs. Weidman 1/Diaz/Bisping AND being caught than let's just throw him into oblivion.

When he broke his leg and got caught for the first time, just like I cut a little break for Stephan Bonnar, I gave the guys a break. (And keep in mind that Bonnar got caught in the old system!) But this time around he's being caught twice in a short time displays a lack of respect that is certainly bigger issue than the PEDing itself.

So, to conclude, it's not a matter to forgive him, condemn him or overlook it, you just have to have the same rule for all fighters. Suppositions don't count as evidence. [Or they can, but then let's suppose on everyone suspicious]

Really?? so, they are no testing MM? GSP? Stipe? Woodley, Conor, Cormier, Frankie, etc?? everyone is tested nowadays!!!! how come high profile guys like these haven't been caught yet??

There is legal shit fighters take that give them an advantage.

There is crazy new shit people are taking everyday that isnt on the banned list yet.

There is crazy new shit people are taking everyday that isnt on the banned list yet.

most of the "crazy new shit" is on the banned list.

its just not specifically named but they have terms like "anything not approved for human use" or "anything still in clinical trials"

that covers pretty much all of the "crazy new shit"

basically, ANYTHING that isnt approved for humans and/or doesnt have a verifiable medical use is prohibited.

There is legal shit fighters take that give them an advantage.

....mmmmm so you are saying Anderson , JJones and the people around them are just assholes that didn't know anything about the existence of that new shit that is not on the banned list you talked about?... all right.

Lol there really aren't 'new test methods'. Most of the past samples are negative by the simple fact that they really are clean, because they were fight night samples, the drugs are already out of their system. Anderson popped on his first out of competition sample (in the Nick fight). Before that, he was only tested on fight night.

Also, I don't see why one should be able to call GSP a cheater when he hasn't been caught. His body doesn't even have an incredible shape, I don't see why people say this. That said, he COULD be a cheater.
So according to you we should blame Anderson Silva and presume his guiltiness (not sure if such word exists) because they were too lazy to test him?

And that Chael Sonnen was tested [which was post-fight, and the testosterone was still in full effect on his body], yet Anderson Silva being one of the biggest names back in that days was never tested?

Do you have any reliable source that can attest that Anderson Silva was never tested up until Diaz or are you just pulling these out of thin air?

I guess we can conclude that Anderson Silva was not the GOAT, but the chosen one.

Back