Southern Breakfast

there's a place here that serves chocolate chip & peanut butter pancakes (chips in the batter, peanut butter spread on each pancake after).

& banana, strawberry, & blueberry pancakes (real fruit altogether chopped into the batter).

fucking deadly but motherfucking good.

Where are the grits? If My Cousin Vinny taught me anything(other than when you combine an old-school southern judge with an unorthodox loudmouth NY'er defense attorney, hilarity will ensue), it's that southerner's have grits for breakfast. And not the instant kind either.

Grits are awesome if cooked right.

Buttery, creamy, salty. What's not to like. They're definitely a love or hate thing.

Shrimp and Grits is a great southern meal

Ulster Fry >>>>>>>>>>> other traditional Breakfasts/fry ups

Someone always brings up the full English breakfast in these threads and every time that shit looks nasty. Beans and tomatoes for breakfast? Ugh.

Closest we have out here is Cracker Barrel and damn I’d kill a muthafucka for their biscuits and gravy right now

@ga_ninja
@Cint

My 1st attempt of finishing a southern breakfast with me, my wife and sis-in-law. Still eating.

Sausage, biscuit and sausage gravy, biscuits and a stack of giant pancakes. Goddamn.

<Gordonhat>

The South will rise again. Lazily.

Yep. Southern breakfast, at the right location, is pretty much unmatched.

A light English breakfast is king.
View attachment 299343
Are those mushrooms?

giphy.gif

It's not though.

The only unique thing about it is the black pudding.

Beans on toast==garbage

Mushrooms and Tomatoes in a breakfast isn't unique at all.

French breakfast of Pain Perdu or crepes or a quiche or omelettes all slaughter that shit you call breakfast.

American southern anything slaughters that shit. Biscuits n gravy with all the fixings, chicken fried steak, home fries, flapjacks, hot water cornbread, fried catfish, grits, etc. Seriously child.

Your nations breakfast is trash and if you aren't being ironic you should be ashamed.

Bangers are p4p the weakest sausage ever conceived.

The only reason the English conquered the known world was to find a decent meal. Your culinary tradition is widely held as subpar shit. It's not even worth debating.

Go away.
this needs to be quoted every time breakfast is brought up.

Main thing in an Ulster Fry compared to English or Scottish or whatever is that it has potato bread and sodabread.
Nice. Need some good bread in those.

I like those fry ups on occasion. Just your beans over there were not my style. Just a thin tasteless tomato "sauce". Kind of more like a tomato water.

Nice. Need some good bread in those.

I like those fry ups on occasion. Just your beans over there were not my style. Just a thin tasteless tomato "sauce". Kind of more like a tomato water.

Yeah I hate beans. Ulster Fries sometimes have them but I prefer without.

@ga_ninja
@Cint

My 1st attempt of finishing a southern breakfast with me, my wife and sis-in-law. Still eating.

Sausage, biscuit and sausage gravy, biscuits and a stack of giant pancakes. Goddamn.

<Gordonhat>

The South will rise again. Lazily.
Should be given dubs for no pics. Christ, 2017 and people still don't post pics

(this was the de facto Confederate States of America national anthem)

Last edited:
Back