Is Tyron Woodley the best 170'er we have ever seen?

He shouldn't even be champ right now, clearly lost the Wonderboy rematch. A flash knockdown in the last minute doesn't change the fact that he lost 23 minutes of that fight.

Tyron Woodley makes Jake Shields look like Fedor in his prime.

Sorry, but even Matt Hughes was a more accomplished and more impressive welterweight champion in his time as champ. You can't even compare Woodley to GSP and keep a straight face.

Crushed Maia, and crushed Wonderboy twice.

His resume is basically as good as GSP's at this point.

tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

If you erase gsp from your memory and hughes yeah probably. I think he'll pass hughes but i honestly have hughes ahead right now.

He fights smart and he's a super strong WW. But he's risk averse, boring, and he hasn't faced much competition in his short tenure as champion.

Luckily for us Woodley vs GSP is probably going to happen so we will know who is the best welterweight of all time and both are in their prime too, so no excuse.
Nah, you can only judge them based on their records though, otherwise Dodson & Hamill will be the GOAT

nobody could be considered the best 170 getting beat up by a hipster dork from canada

Nah, you can only judge them based on their records though, otherwise Dodson & Hamill will be the GOAT
Dodson never beat Mighty Mouse and Matt Hamill "beat" Jones because Jones got disqualified, but everyone know that Jones is the better fighter.

If Woodley beats GSP decisively he is the better fighter, if GSP wins decisively he is the better fighter, and that's it.
Everything else is nerds chit chat.

That’s ridiculous
No, that's true and GSP said it himself in every single interview he did recently.

Woodley isn’t the best 170er while Rory is around. Rory isn’t while Lawler and Wonderboy are around. Lawler and Wonderboy aren’t while Woodley is around.

Losing to Rory and Nate is not as bad as tapping to strikes and losing to Hughes
Woodley isn't even the best current WW.

GSP was the undisputed best WW during his run. It was unquestionable.

Woodley isn't even top 3 WW of all time

WUT?!? Because he beat Bisping? Fuck no. Bisping will never be considered a great fighter.
Bisping is a great fighter and I hate him. If you don't want to be taken seriously, continue thinking he isn't

WTF #9 Shield beat #3 and #4 and Dan Henderson and Maia. Those are worst ranking I ever seen. A blind monkey throwing darts at a dart board with those names on it could do better.
It takes into account all of a fighter's accomplishments, not just who beaten who, and only on that weightclass

oh just no.

Matt Hughes still has better Run I think.

9 title defenses vs. 3 (which includes a draw)? Are you serious? Prime, pre-ACL injury GSP beats any version of Woodley 50-45 all day. And yes, he would take him down.

Back