Recent fights/results/news from China

This is huge news. Kunlun has English commentary now? For this I am willing to actually pay instead of trying to download after the fact when possible. I am going to have to try to hook my Android phone up to my tv now somehow so I can watch full screen and figure out how to jump through all those awkward payment hoops.
Kunlun has had English commentary for a few months now. They have they guy who runs full metal dojo mma promotion out of Bangkok named Jon Nutt leading the commentary. He is actually pretty decent and a lot better than anyone in the west that does English kb commentary. He loves his one liners thou but that just brings back memories of when kickboxing was still big and schivello was the English voice so I do not mind.

Marat was the stand out in this event. He looked like a monster. Props to Mohamed for showing heart and fighting back. I didn't think he'd make it past the first round.

I was disappointed in Superbons performance. It was a lackluster performance and not surprised Kiria thought he won. Its starting to look more and more like Marat could possibly KO him.

I thought Singdam looked okay in the first fight. Haven't seen the final yet. No ones posted it.

Marat was the stand out in this event. He looked like a monster. Props to Mohamed for showing heart and fighting back. I didn't think he'd make it past the first round.

I was disappointed in Superbons performance. It was a lackluster performance and not surprised Kiria thought he won. Its starting to look more and more like Marat could possibly KO him.

I thought Singdam looked okay in the first fight. Haven't seen the final yet. No ones posted it.

yeah kiria vs bon was very underwhelming...
i feel he's training hard but not improving his defense that much. i'm still hopeful x bon only if he puts marat under pressure.
hopefully kunlun won't have them fight first.

Kunlun has had English commentary for a few months now. They have they guy who runs full metal dojo mma promotion out of Bangkok named Jon Nutt leading the commentary. He is actually pretty decent and a lot better than anyone in the west that does English kb commentary. He loves his one liners thou but that just brings back memories of when kickboxing was still big and schivello was the English voice so I do not mind.
They've had it yeah and maybe quite a bit longer than that too but not been available anywhere really. In the past even their commentators didn't know where it would be available.

Nutt seems okay but based on just that Buakaw video lol @ "a lot better than anyone in the west that does English kb commentary". Was pretty basic. I'll take it over the Chinese commentary any day but come on now.

Last edited:
Kunlun facebook page came out with this statement about Mohamed:

"Mezouari suffered 2 standing counts, something went wrong with his stamina, the 18kg weight loss just took too much of his energy"

18kg weight loss? Maybe they mean 18lbs.

"Mezouari suffered 2 standing counts, something went wrong with his stamina, the 18kg weight loss just took too much of his energy"

the person in charge of the interviews/social media is pretty much an idiot....lies to fighters about their opponents being disrespectful to them just to stir up shit,just see all the tension between them and gives personal inaccurate and biased comments about fights....

of course nobody is checking their social and everything gets lost in translation.
this is not news,all chinese bloggers have very different opinions and attitudes in their chinese social pages compared to facebook,so does kunlun.
the chinese page is way more professional,facebook is embarrassing...

They've had it yeah and maybe quite a bit longer than that too but not been available anywhere really. In the past even their commentators didn't know where it would be available.

Nutt seems okay but based on just that Buakaw video lol @ "a lot better than anyone in the west that does English kb commentary". Was pretty basic. I'll take it over the Chinese commentary any day but come on now.
he gets wrapped up in hyperbole but he actually understands most of the sport and is not constantly asking his broadcast partner stupid questions which seems to happen no matter who does the glory shows. Im not saying he is great by any means but if it is a choice between him and bazooka Joe or Todd Grisham ( who has gotten a lot better but still ask stupid shit to often) I'm voting Nutt all day long. I fully realize he is not everyone cup of tea with his style but I still like him much better than anyone outside of Michael schivello who has done kb commentary in the last few years

Didn't look like stamina was his biggest problem.

Well, let's hope they make it available from here on out for the rest of the world that doesn't understand Chinese. I'd subscribe for a year like I do with Fight Pass.

Hopefully this makes Glory more competitive to put out a better product. If the english app and the stream work fine, then 5$ for a Kunlun Fight event is a much better deal than having to pay for three different Glory events in one night.

they released this statement to "justify" his loss and not let the hype he haves in china receives a bigger damage

dont get me wrong,the kid is very good,even proved he belongs to elite,but grigorian is the worst mathup ever possible against him

marat ate his fluid combinations especially on the early storm,was highly cautious on opening too much and went very economic with his counter and offensive,but very effective,this is why he beat Mezouari up..

I wonder who Buakaw is going to fight next in Kunlun.
He has slowed down a lot, but his chin, strength and fight IQ are relatively intact.
But even on horsemeat, he probably only has a few years left. (Well, I have been saying this for a few year though).

Buakaw vs Toutouh fight video on YT haves already 1.3 Million views in less than two days :eek:

I wonder who Buakaw is going to fight next in Kunlun.
Hopefully someone better. He's obviously still at the top of the game and needs to face better competition.
He has slowed down a lot, but his chin, strength and fight IQ are relatively intact.
Mixture of PED's and experience.
But even on horsemeat, he probably only has a few years left. (Well, I have been saying this for a few year though).
Its 2017. Humans are coming up with new and improved drugs all the time so wouldn't be surprised if he stays on longer than a few years.

marat ate his fluid combinations especially on the early storm,was highly cautious on opening too much and went very economic with his counter and offensive,but very effective,this is why he beat Mezouari up..
I dont know what the hell they are feeding him at hemmers gym. One thing I like is how cautious and calm Marat was during the early storm. He's showing maturity in the sport.

I dont know what the hell they are feeding him at hemmers gym. One thing I like is how cautious and calm Marat was during the early storm. He's showing maturity in the sport.

way more experience against elite level competitors since 2013

Hopefully someone better. He's obviously still at the top of the game and needs to face better competition.
Mixture of PED's and experience.
Its 2017. Humans are coming up with new and improved drugs all the time so wouldn't be surprised if he stays on longer than a few years.

don't be so pressed your boy sittichai ain't still shit compared to him....i'm sure as soon as he retires sittichai will be 32yo and still in top form to snitch his place in everybody's hearts

i noticed that too,it also seems like his team are a bit more reserved/careful with comments and pimping him before the fights...at least publicly.
some fans said he went straight to his room and was focused all the time,no distractions no events.

I wouldn't say Marat Ate fluid combinations early on. Sure Mezouari was the one throwing more shots but they didn't really land clean from what i remember. It was clear from the very beginning that Mezouari was the ome reacting to Marat, while Marat was just stalked him very composedly, picked up his rhythm and eventually broke him down. I can see Superbon having alot of trouble with Marats style.

What did you guys think of Superbon vs Kiria? I haven't watched it closely yet, but i though Bon won. Alot of (mostly Georgians) people though Kiria won and i can see where they are coming from...

I wouldn't say Marat Ate fluid combinations early on. Sure Mezouari was the one throwing more shots but they didn't really land clean from what i remember. It was clear from the very beginning that Mezouari was the ome reacting to Marat, while Marat was just stalked him very composedly, picked up his rhythm and eventually broke him down. I can see Superbon having alot of trouble with Marats style.

What did you guys think of Superbon vs Kiria? I haven't watched it closely yet, but i though Bon won. Alot of (mostly Georgians) people though Kiria won and i can see where they are coming from...
he easily won hands down,dunno why people are doing it

It was just a low action fight but Superbon was scoring all the time,at least way more than Kiria

it is probably because he haves a lot of fights on his calender for now,he fights on 8 man one night tournament at Enfusion on December 8,and later in december-early january he will have Kunlun 1 night final 4 to do

Just Played it safe on this fight,smart decision.

Back