Should I cheat or ask for permission?

Anyone else looking forward to TS losing half his shit and paying alimony? I’m so giddy.

Option 1: just jerk off in the shower like a decent husband

Option 2: Run the idea by her

Option 3: Divorce her

Option 4: cheat on her

Option 5: kill yourself

I got really confused for a second because at first, I read this as a step-by-step process.

Didn't see that.

I just think after the ring goes on cheating shouldn't be an option. That's just me, I know things go bad, but I'd tell my wife first.
I like that.

I'm going to say you go and cheat. If it's not against your own values than cheat.

None of these people's opinions matter in your world.

If you want to cheat than cheat. Not doing something you want to do because somebody else told you not to do it means you are spending your short 90 years on this planet wrong.

In the interest of full disclosure of course My opinion matters as little as the rest of these people's opinions matter.

Just cheat and hope she doesn't find out. Don't ask permission. The answer will be no.
shut the hell up

If you have more than 2 brain cells to rub together then someday soon you should realize that sex is not worth wrecking your life over.
If you actually love her, you'd work it out as best you can first.

Love my wife to death, but our intimacy needs are just miles apart.

Last Tuesday, I passed up an opportunity from another girl, who was offering to give me exactly what I wanted. The offer is still on the table.

What's less likely to lead to the destruction of my marriage? Cheating on her behind her back, or asking her for permission to have some fun on the side?
Listen to the Savage Lovecast, Dan gets questions like this all the time. I’d say bring up to your wife that you’re unhappy with the lack of intimacy, and that you need to find some sort of solution, whether that be counseling, separation, or an open relationship. If you have children and/or still love your wife, but your physical needs are t being met, then an open relationship may be the answer. But there is obviously a problem and you two need to figure out what that is—together—and then find a mutually agreed upon solution.

Don’t be a fucking scumbag and cheat on your wife. You’ll regret it, especially if you do that, then divorce, and she finds out.

Marriage is over probably. Wonder if that moment when you were actually getting married you thought you’d ruin it with the person who agreed to be your partner for life over an inability to resolve issues with sticking your dick in something.

Humans are not monogamas.
While I believe this (for the most part) I also believe that people who believe this shouldn't get married.

There is no scenario where cheating doesn't make you a scumbag. If you can live with that, go for it, I guess.

You were that dude who wanted to do the kinky shit that your wife wasn’t into, so you got chatting online talking kink with some other chick. Your wife clearly isn’t into all the shit you’re into, and most likely not into you fucking other women.

You are actively and willingly seeking to fuck around on your wife. Just end the marriage and stop putting yourself and especially her through any more bullshit.
Funny enough, you're not right. My kink and intimacy needs don't actually involve sex, and I have no intention of having sex with anyone else, or sticking my dick anywhere.

TS, let me know how this works out. I’m in a similar situation. Thanks.

Unless you guys agree (both are cool) to an open marriage, your marriage is pretty much over.

Listen to the Savage Lovecast, Dan gets questions like this all the time. I’d say bring up to your wife that you’re unhappy with the lack of intimacy, and that you need to find some sort of solution, whether that be counseling, separation, or an open relationship. If you have children and/or still love your wife, but your physical needs are t being met, then an open relationship may be the answer. But there is obviously a problem and you two need to figure out what that is—together—and then find a mutually agreed upon solution.

Don’t be a fucking scumbag and cheat on your wife. You’ll regret it, especially if you do that, then divorce, and she finds out.
See the problem is I confided in my assistant, and she is extremely big on cheating behind my wife's back. Her view is that coming clean about my desires is more likely to destroy my marriage, and is a selfish move to alleviate my guilt.

Back