Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, people are just getting rid of their cable subscriptions! Show is awesome.

It's funny, I can remember that excuse being used for another shitty show, that's been gradually tanking. I think it's on Mondays in the evening...

Am I the only one that's glad they got rid of the CGI tiger? I never liked that thing to begin with. Yeah, yeah, I know it was in the comic, but I don't read comics so I don't really give a shit. That said, from what I understand, in the comic the tiger takes out a TON of walkers and dies an epic death. Meanwhile, on the TV show Shiva only took out one walker and then went out like a bitch, so fuck that.

The tiger was fucking stupid and looked like shit. It somehow dodged bullets the whole time or nobody thought to shoot at it. It just makes everyone look real stupid.

It'd be nice if they would stop doing the damn flash back & flash forward scenes in every fucking episode thats like 15mins of filler shit per episode that could've been put in the first episode as a lead up to the AoW.

Yeah, losing 3 million in a week is the kinda thing that makes executives sit up & take a look. They are still the juggernaut flagship show of the network, but everyone around the boardroom table has to realize the clock is ticking on this scat bomb. The golden goose is starting to pop out silver.
The ratings would have to be really low before the show would ever be cancelled. Breaking Bad went off the air because Vince Gilligan knew he was running out of ideas and didn't want to ruin the legacy of the show. Robert Kirkman has said he wants to do 20+ seasons. He just doesn't give a shit.

The ratings could be cut in half and that'd be more than enough. And I think there are enough hardcores to keep the show afloat that long...

last nights episode was the first episode since the fn first episode that I decided to sit out. Just can't anymore. My mind was conditioned to sit down and watch, and I had to think about why for the very first time. Ultimately, decided to watch Mindhunters on Netflix instead, and made the right decision. I'll catch the mid season finanle and season finanle if anything. Sad because Negan's arch was the arch I'd look forward too the most.

Mindhunters is awesome

Breaking Bad went off the air because Vince Gilligan knew he was running out of ideas

I don't think that's necessarily a fair way to put it, Vince actually always said from the very beginning that he wanted 4 or 5 seasons. AMC asked him to extend Breaking Bad as the show started to blow up, but he said no. So not really a case of running out of ideas (as the brilliant Better Call Saul has shown), but more like having 5 seasons WAS his idea. And he stuck to it.

The ratings would have to be really low before the show would ever be cancelled. Breaking Bad went off the air because Vince Gilligan knew he was running out of ideas and didn't want to ruin the legacy of the show. Robert Kirkman has said he wants to do 20+ seasons. He just doesn't give a shit.

The ratings could be cut in half and that'd be more than enough. And I think there are enough hardcores to keep the show afloat that long...
I believe the true gem lies in FTWD. There is so much they can do with the setting. Them not being restricted to the comic allows for so many possibilities to explore. A creative team of people could keep it interesting for years to come.

I didn't mind the episode but it wasted a lot of time to basically show us

1. King got all his people killed and has to admit he's a fraud
2. Carol is a special forces soldier
3. Rick and Daryl got the big guns
4. Shiva died

I didn't need 5 minutes of Carol in a shootout. Or 10 minutes of some hick taking Ezekiel to the compound (who didn't see that death coming....some random scrub was not going to kill their main character) and then 10 more minutes of Jerry and Zeke walking around. Though I do like Jerry.
It just seemed like they drug the scenes on a bit to much IMO. I wish Shiva would have wrecked shop a bit more. She went down pretty easily.

I believe the true gem lies in FTWD. There is so much they can do with the setting. Them not being restricted to the comic allows for so many possibilities to explore. A creative team of people could keep it interesting for years to come.

I keep trying to hype FTWD in these threads since it's a much better show at this point in time.
No stupid source material to follow, ability to have characters who aren't good or bad, ability to explore scenarios which the other show can't/won't.

Regard this past TWD episode, I did like how that guy got cut in half by the axe. After seeing him with that huge axe, it was good to see Jerry finally put it to good use.

What I wanna know is how did Carol going from this ruthless loner and killer to smiling all the time around some weirdo with a fake accent

They made her a badass then promptly neutered her

I'm thinking Carol is looking for some king sized cawk. That'll make any woman smile.

InB4, "people are just cutting the cord/nothing to do with show being shit" excuse, by supporters.

I knew the premiere was lower than usual, but damn, that's a staggering drop in viewership, in such a short amount of time.

LOL! Nice attempt there. I wonder if Don issued a statement and this huge drop is because cons have tuned out

<{Heymansnicker}>

The problem we face is that despite the viewership drop, the number is still respectable. Therefore, Greg Nicotino and all those cans will not change things up like they should. Not until things go a lot further downhill which I totally expect with these writers.

I don't think that's necessarily a fair way to put it, Vince actually always said from the very beginning that he wanted 4 or 5 seasons. AMC asked him to extend Breaking Bad as the show started to blow up, but he said no. So not really a case of running out of ideas (as the brilliant Better Call Saul has shown), but more like having 5 seasons WAS his idea. And he stuck to it.

I really wish more show runners would think this way. Stories are supposed to end. That's why I like True Detective and the anthology format.

I really wish more show runners would think this way. Stories are supposed to end. That's why I like True Detective and the anthology format.

I also think of The Shield and Six Feet Under as great examples of shows that just had a perfect, purposely finite length, which leads to a more impactful overall singular story, and also their finales being actual highpoints, instead of long-overdue mercy killings.

LOL! Nice attempt there. I wonder if Don issued a statement and this huge drop is because cons have tuned out

Coincidental. If I wanted your attention, I would've tagged you. The old "cord cutting" excuse has been used for years by people in denial, to defend shitty television products tanking for whatever reason. I've had this argument in the Pro-Wrestling thread for years, about Monday Night Raw's steady decline because of how shitty the show has been for over a decade now.

TWD's issue a separate one from our ESPN debate in the other thread. The Walking Dead is a drama that is turning people off with terrible writing and acting. ESPN is a sports network, which is turning people off due to their insufferable Liberal agenda.

In either case, "cord cutting" is too simple of an explanation to rationalize a very recent decline in viewership. Cord cutting didn't just start happening this past year.

This guy is the only entertaining thing on the show
d24c2c163a14ce7cc0a36e60a09a05a38cc3c538.jpg
false,
b20fa8fd1dbe7e5fd0c9092a4cc3c5ea.jpg

this guy should become negan when negan dies

I didn't mind the episode but it wasted a lot of time to basically show us

1. King got all his people killed and has to admit he's a fraud
2. Carol is a special forces soldier
3. Rick and Daryl got the big guns
4. Shiva died

I didn't need 5 minutes of Carol in a shootout. Or 10 minutes of some hick taking Ezekiel to the compound (who didn't see that death coming....some random scrub was not going to kill their main character) and then 10 more minutes of Jerry and Zeke walking around. Though I do like Jerry.
It just seemed like they drug the scenes on a bit to much IMO. I wish Shiva would have wrecked shop a bit more. She went down pretty easily.

I actually thought the guy pushing Ezekiel was a character from the comics named Carson. He had such a specific look to him that i thought they added another character.

Shiva dies early in the comic but yeah what a weak way to go out. How about the saviors wound her and THEN gets mauled by walkers. Wish they had her do more though, but maybe they were aware she looked bad and just nipped it in the bud.

The other poster suggest ed Simon be negan. Hmm. ya know, he looks MORE like negan than jdm. SHIT, he's even bigger than him.

Not happening tho

I feel vindicated giving up on this turd after seeing what you guys are posting. I invested years into the show but enough is enough. I feel free now.

Some of the posts are hilarious so i'll be tuning in to this thread weekly. Infinitely more entertaining than the show now.

The gun fights are getting to be fucking laughable. I literally watched Carol shoot a rifle with no bolt cycle or spent case ejections. Also, the fucking .50 cal would have done more than just busted a hose.

WTF?

another powerful episode. I was so moved when Ezekiel broke down & screamed "I'm not your king, majesty.." etc.

that whole scene was a a beautiful visual metaphor on life. never ride the wind of success too confidently, because failure is always an option

I'm left feeling so humbled in life. this show, & its layers - each so deep & profound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back