Is Jordan B Peterson's new website idea an atrocious one or reasonable one?

Peterson himself has pointed out the privileged and protected position that professors hold.
Not sure why this is a worthwhile talking point, considering how few people with the same protections actually take a stand for anything unpopular or controversial.

How long has he been making a good earning off his YouTube?

No. You're confirming your biases by hollowly shooting down points that make more sense than yours.

So tell me again how JP's expression of his opinions is a threat to his professional livelihood or financial security or freedom of movement?

And if it's not, on what basis can one possibly claim that his expression of his opinions is an indication of his courage or bravery?

Sorry, but Peterson isn't the new Galileo, kid.

That's surprising, there's a cohort of WRers who follow this guy like he's a prophet and he had two big threads decdicated to him. Oh well, I guess not everyone wastes as much time here as I.

Its a word salad with ingredients from Peterson's lectures, I don't even think he knows what it means.
When did this guy popularity start? Seems like he is everywhere now.
I remember when I was young people would also follow Dawkins as a prophet. Now he is just boring because we all know what he will say.

So tell me again how JP's expression of his opinions is a threat to his professional livelihood or financial security or freedom of movement?

And if it's not, on what basis can one possibly claim that his expression of his opinions is an indication of his courage or bravery?

Seems like you're replying to someone else.
Maybe you could read my post and reply to it?

He received 2 warning letters from his university. 3rd letter would have meant the university would've started the process of getting rid of him.

Also, for the 1st time in his career, his grant application was rejected this year.

I think the idea of the website is kind of dumb. The people that would want to use the website in the first place ought to be able to discern themselves from reading a course syllabus if it’s a bunch of postmodern rubbish. These professors don’t need to be “outed” on a website.

I think the idea of the website is kind of dumb. The people that would want to use the website in the first place ought to be able to discern themselves from reading a course syllabus if it’s a bunch of postmodern rubbish. These professors don’t need to be “outed” on a website.

Peterson is not doing the website and it doesn't seem like he ever had the intention to do so. He was just throwing an idea out there and someone freaked out and CBC turned it into a news story.

"created a climate of fear and intimidation"

I think I read this about 100 people a day.

Peterson is not doing the website and it doesn't seem like he ever had the intention to do so. He was just throwing an idea out there and someone freaked out and CBC turned it into a news story.

And now his own union (the U of T faculty association) wants to have him fired.

<{hughesimpress}>

I am going to go out on a limb and assume that English is not your first language.

Christianity is 2000 years old. Certain central tenets have been clearly, historically defined. It is illegitimate for JP to begin from the conclusion that he is, in fact, a "Christian" and then engage in a debate over exactly what that label may or may not imply.

But his approach definitely reflects his painfully obvious egomania.

He does not even categorize what you are saying, you have to watch him to find out what it is exactly it is about Christianity that he is investigating. You have to watch a lot of his content to get a grasp on what he is telling people. The same way you have to see the content of Sam Harris to understand his views the views on religion that i happen to share not Jordan's. The Latter is easier to understand at face value but the conclusions are two schools of thought both bring out in people worth exploring.

He received 2 warning letters from his university. 3rd letter would have meant the university would've started the process of getting rid of him.

Also, for the 1st time in his career, his grant application was rejected this year.

Well, you tried.

>Spend the last 5+ years complaining about being deplatformed and delegitimized in academia
>Get real butthurt when no one outside of incels and internet edgelords gives a shit about your lunacy
>??????????????
>Create an AI backed system to deplatform and delegitimize your academic rivals

Fuck Jordan and all his stans* lol they are living memes

*Emotionally stunted young white men with no higher education themselves

When did this guy popularity start? Seems like he is everywhere now.
I remember when I was young people would also follow Dawkins as a prophet. Now he is just boring because we all know what he will say.
His fame arose sometime in 2016 I think, at first he was just someone going "Hey how about those SJWs amirite?" but now that he sees the $70k+/month he makes off of incels and other internet edgelords hes willingly turned into their lord and savior.

A lot of middle-class, teenage NEET intellectuals fucking love him. There is a sherbro in the WR who is a massive JP stan and he recently announced he has become a born-again christian. Definitely unrelated to JP though LOL.

He does not even categorize what you are saying, you have to watch him to find out what it is exactly it is about Christianity that he is investigating. You have to watch a lot of his content to get a grasp on what he is telling people. The same way you have to see the content of Sam Harris to understand his views the views on religion that i happen to share not Jordan's. The Latter is easier to understand at face value but the conclusions are two schools of thought both bring out in people worth exploring.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson. The brilliance is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical anti-SJW academia most of the concepts will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Jordan's religious outlook, which is deftly woven into his lectures- his personal philosophy draws heavily from the bible and other christian literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these nuances, to realise that they’re not just intelligent- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jordan Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the genius in Jordan's existential catchphrase “What do you mean by God?” which itself is a cryptic reference to Carl Jung’s Swiss epic Modern Man in Search of a Soul. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jordan Peterson’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a JP tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

i can't believe this guy makes 65k a month on patreon. nothing he says is all that revolutionary.

He's a classic British liberal.

I know that he identifies as a classic British liberal, he amusingly explained as much while refuting the charges of being a member of the Alt-Right. It just seems that because he is a champion of free speech and was vehemently opposed to bill C-16, that he is associated with being on the right, though I'm not sure that's true, as those issues are not traditionally associated with the right.

Granted, the Canadian spectrum is a little different than the US, I'm genuinely curious where people believe he lies. It seems to me that in the changing landscape, the old left-right dichotomy is not as useful as it once was.

His fame arose sometime in 2016 I think, at first he was just someone going "Hey how about those SJWs amirite?" but now that he sees the $70k+/month he makes off of incels and other internet edgelords hes willingly turned into their lord and savior.

A lot of middle-class, teenage NEET intellectuals fucking love him. There is a sherbro in the WR who is a massive JP stan and he recently announced he has become a born-again christian. Definitely unrelated to JP though LOL.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson. The brilliance is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical anti-SJW academia most of the concepts will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Jordan's religious outlook, which is deftly woven into his lectures- his personal philosophy draws heavily from the bible and other christian literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these nuances, to realise that they’re not just intelligent- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jordan Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the genius in Jordan's existential catchphrase “What do you mean by God?” which itself is a cryptic reference to Carl Jung’s Swiss epic Modern Man in Search of a Soul. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jordan Peterson’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a JP tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

SJWs are a threat to society tho, rite?

i can't believe this guy makes 65k a month on patreon. nothing he says is all that revolutionary.

"Without Christianity, and its emphasis on truth at all costs, science would never have come about." - JP

laughing-hysterically-gif-1.gif

>Spend the last 5+ years complaining about being deplatformed and delegitimized in academia
>Get real butthurt when no one outside of incels and internet edgelords gives a shit about your lunacy
>??????????????
>Create an AI backed system to deplatform and delegitimize your academic rivals

Fuck Jordan and all his stans* lol they are living memes

*Emotionally stunted young white men with no higher education themselves

Don't get too excited about fake news.

I know that he identifies as a classic British liberal, he amusingly explained as much while refuting the charges of being a member of the Alt-Right. It just seems that because he is a champion of free speech and was vehemently opposed to bill C-16, that he is associated with being on the right, though I'm not sure that's true, as those issues are not traditionally associated with the right.

Granted, the Canadian spectrum is a little different than the US, I'm genuinely curious where people believe he lies. It seems to me that in the changing landscape, the old left-right dichotomy is not as useful as it once was.

Being a liberal is considered the "right-wing" position, almost everywhere except in America.

Back