The Birth of an EU Army

voltron-transformation1-o.gif
{<jordan}

A gif is truly worth a thousand words.

I wouldn't worry, how much can they really achieve without Malta on board with all this?

Damn Europeans, you are fucking dumb to allow this.

You just became states of a federal government, and you don't even know it.

Having an empire is more hassle than it is worth.

Yep running the World was a lot of bother and never so much as a thank you at the end of it , our colonial chums are just starting to cotton on to that fact as will the Chinese when their turn comes around .

Given how utterly shit multinational forces tend to be, and the cluster fuck of it can barely function operations.

This will be hilariously bad.

This is BIG since the EU can now have a joint military budget, a common doctrine to act, and can have independence of the United States. This force will be a substantial demonstration of European will.

https://www.rt.com/news/409724-eu-army-agreement-signed/

Some key developments:

Another article:

https://qz.com/1127984/eu-army-bloc...itary-integration-to-shake-off-us-dependence/

I think that this is going to further militarize the region (duh), but the rise of the EU Army is a response to the migration crisis and Trump saying that Europe doesn't invest much in NATO. I'm interested in how the US and the UK will react to this.

Is this a sign of a major war (internal and possibly external to the EU) over the horizon?

nukes and globalization still make a war between powers stupid. i think everyone realizes its stupid.

the only way that a ww3 happens imo, is if some idiot paints his country into a diplomatic corner, and feels compelled to do something stupid. or, there's some sort of non-state 3rd party that gets a war started between two or more powers.

Given how utterly shit multinational forces tend to be, and the cluster fuck of it can barely function operations.

This will be hilariously bad.

you could say the same thing about the USA????

i mean, we cover roughly as large of an area as the EU, and our various regions are nearly just as diverse, sectionalized, and different from one another.

you could say the same thing about the USA????

i mean, we cover roughly as large of an area as the EU, and our various regions are nearly just as diverse, sectionalized, and different from one another.

Ohh yeahh totally the same except for speaking one language and loyalty to only one nation and lacking thousand years of killing each other.

How can any non european mainly American disagree? Don't you dislike you paying for all they defense?

This good thing

Not mention some you like authoritarian Trump but dislike this for european? Why

Yep running the World was a lot of bother and never so much as a thank you at the end of it , our colonial chums are just starting to cotton on to that fact as will the Chinese when their turn comes around .

Should people also thank you for slavery? Colonialism was a nightmare for the third world and a wonderful dream for you imperialists.

nukes and globalization still make a war between powers stupid. i think everyone realizes its stupid.

the only way that a ww3 happens imo, is if some idiot paints his country into a diplomatic corner, and feels compelled to do something stupid. or, there's some sort of non-state 3rd party that gets a war started between two or more powers.

People have been doing stupid shit since day one. Greed and the quest for power are powerful motivators, but so is fight or flight.

Should have thought about that 100 years ago so we would still rule the world.

Should people also thank you for slavery? Colonialism was a nightmare for the third world and a wonderful dream for you imperialists

Yes they jolly well should and I mean that from the heart of my bottom....

Ohh yeahh totally the same except for speaking one language and loyalty to only one nation and lacking thousand years of killing each other.

most people in europe speak several languages fluently. they havent fought one another in quite a while. the USA was ready to fight in 1916 alongside one another, even though we had been murdering each other up until 1865.

Its quite likely that the EU army would be modelled after the French Army, so its not like it will have equal representation of all nations, it would most likely have a French bulk with German funding.

Yep the continents been at peace for nearly 20 years , everyone's completely cool with everyone else now .

Back