Joshua–Parker in Negotiations for Unification bout in March

They'll tune in BUT this could be the biggest fight ever if more knew who Wilder was. His profile isn't that high in the UK, makes perfect sense to raise it since this is this biggest fight out there.

Assuming that's even remotely true, he could do that without having to go through a snoozefest like Whyte. I hope Wilder 'does' fight in the UK. Hopefully they could get in touch with Frank Warren and see if anything happens. But as Lou and others have pointed out, there is no reason to travel to the UK and fight Whyte to get to AJ just cuz Eddie Hearn said so.

TBH, a double header with Wilder and a Warren fight on the co-main could work nicely. Wouldn't mind if it was a Breazeale fight there either.

Assuming that's even remotely true, he could do that without having to go through a snoozefest like Whyte. I hope Wilder 'does' fight in the UK. Hopefully they could get in touch with Frank Warren and see if anything happens. But as Lou and others have pointed out, there is no reason to travel to the UK and fight Whyte to get to AJ just cuz Eddie Hearn said so.

TBH, a double header with Wilder and a Warren fight on the co-main could work nicely. Wouldn't mind if it was a Breazeale fight there either.
Snoozefest?? Have you watched Whyte fight? He brings it when his opponent brings it. It would be a dog fight with Wilder. And it makes sense to me to get him to fight in the UK because it raises his profile in the UK massively.

Snoozefest?? Have you watched Whyte fight? He brings it when his opponent brings it. It would be a dog fight with Wilder. And it makes sense to me to get him to fight in the UK because it raises his profile in the UK massively.

Have YOU watched Whyte's last fight? <1>

Wilder has no mandatory, he just fought one in Stiverne. Lou DiBella has confirmed this himself, you don't just get slapped with mandatory after mandatory.
The Breazeale fight is their own choice, since there's no Joshua fight happening as of yet.

Yeah, that seems to be the case, so neither guy has a mandatory lined up, so lets see them fight, although i would like one of them to fight Parker first just so it is for all the belts

Interesting to note Parker doesn't have to fight Whyte to fight Joshua, but apparently Wilder does...That's a little weird, anyone think so?
Its called building more demand for the fight. That's the best fight at heavyweight at the moment. Neither are old so they should let it build up a little more. If they fought next and say AJ won in spectacular fashion then what???

They should both keep fighting and winning and the demand will grow. This is why I had no problem with the time it took ggg vs canelo to happen. The pac/may fight on the other hand took way too long. You need to find that balance.

Its called building more demand for the fight. That's the best fight at heavyweight at the moment. Neither are old so they should let it build up a little more. If they fought next and say AJ won in spectacular fashion then what???

They should both keep fighting and winning and the demand will grow. This is why I had no problem with the time it took ggg vs canelo to happen. The pac/may fight on the other hand took way too long. You need to find that balance.

Building the fight is what they're already doing, Wilder has Breazeale lined up. Eddie Hearn on the other has made it a prerequisite to fight Whyte before he gets a shot at AJ. Something Wilder's team has dismissed and mocked, rightfully so. Hearn doesn't get to call the shots who Wilder fights. If they don't want to offer AJ then fine, but FOH with that minions and mini-boss shit. They're not having it.

Interesting to note Parker doesn't have to fight Whyte to fight Joshua, but apparently Wilder does...That's a little weird, anyone think so?
Maybe it's because he has already had a fight in the UK.

Stop posting me in shit and then editing so I can't answer what you say. It's a fucking bitch move and you can fuck off.
Hmmm 3am, that's why I don't remember posting that.

Building the fight is what they're already doing, Wilder has Breazeale lined up. Eddie Hearn on the other has made it a prerequisite to fight Whyte before he gets a shot at AJ. Something Wilder's team has dismissed and mocked, rightfully so. Hearn doesn't get to call the shots who Wilder fights. If they don't want to offer AJ then fine, but FOH with that minions and mini-boss shit. They're not having it.

Wilder and his team are going to dance to any tune that Hearn and Joshua play, they have very little sway in the terms and conditions of the fight at the end of the day.

Wilder fights in his hometown and cant fill a 18k stadium, Joshua fights in a stadium that holds 80k and it sells out in minutes, and its nowhere near his hometown.

Trust me, Wilder holds no cards at all in this fight or the negotiations, and i fully expect that to put a block on he fight as Wilder and Finkel seem to think they are more important than they actually are

It is very true. Wilder is currently known in the UK to casuals as a potential future AJ opponent. He's fought here before, but many won't remember as he fought someone everyone is trying to forget in Audley Harrison.

Having Joshua and Wilder fight within a week of each other has been great timing. The press and attention are still big on boxing and now Wilder's comments are more prominent in the media.

No need to make the fight now when they can get more belts, more attention and more money.

Joshua fights Parker and gets the WBO strap. Wilder can take on Whyte in the UK, which could be a decent fight and with both being great trash talkers, gain more interest. In the unlikely event Whyte wins, well, Hearn can sell AJ vs Whyte as a rubber match which will also sell well. And bear in mind AJ won't be going abroad anytime soon.

And anyhow, after Joshua vs Wilder, who's next? Fury is at least two years away. Povetkin maybe. Ortiz is out for ages. Dubois is years away. Nah. Milk it for all they can.

Have YOU watched Whyte's last fight? <1>

You are showing your ignorance. Like I said he brings it when his opponent brings it. If his opponent is negative and boxing going backwards like Helenius did then Whyte isn't going to be exciting to watch. But go back to the AJ fight and the Chisora fight and you'll see he can be exciting. A match with Deontay would be a burn barner guaranteed.

Team Parker are living in la la land

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...hs-off-opening-offer-for-anthony-joshua-fight

Reckons they are worth 40 percent in a fight where he doesn’t even bring in 10, if we are brutally honest it prob isn’t 5.

Not only that but they reckon if Joshua fights Wilder and Wilder wins and holds 3 belts then their man who holds one of the least respected belts in the sport is entitled to a 50/50 split.

Thought they would have been much smarter than that, they must know none of that is in the realm of reality.

Parker is worth 10% MAX
Wilder is worth 20% MAX

They should get on their knees and give AJ a blow job for an extra 5%.

Not shocking at all that AJs promoter is looking at unifying with Parker...they are hoping someone beats Wilder because Deontay's style/power creates the best "puncher's chance" against AJ. Parker is no threat at all to Joshua, he will get outclassed like Takam.

Laughable post. People suggesting that he’s ducking wilder need to take a look at both guys resumes

It makes sense for both of these guys to go after Parker because he has a belt. Wilder is missing a trick here. If/when Joshua has 3 of the 4 belts, and brings most of the fans, what % of the purse will wilder expect! That is what will hold this fight up

Laughable post. People suggesting that he’s ducking wilder need to take a look at both guys resumes

It makes sense for both of these guys to go after Parker because he has a belt. Wilder is missing a trick here. If/when Joshua has 3 of the 4 belts, and brings most of the fans, what % of the purse will wilder expect! That is what will hold this fight up

I was referring to AJ's Promoter/Management constantly offering the Whyte fight with no guarantee that if he wins he gets Joshua while at the same time not making that requirement for Parker...they Wilder and Parker both have belts and Wilder is better known that Parker. So why ask the better know champion to "prove" himself as opposed to the lesser known guy?

AJ's promoter isn't even putting up a contract that says Wilder gets a fight with AJ if he beats Whyte. You tell me what kind of sense that makes. Its a hoop to jump through with no reward. That sounds like they just want to see if Whyte can get lucky and win the WBC title off of Wilder for their promotion without risking anything with their cash cow.

When it comes to Parker, they already know he is no threat so there is no reason to try the Whyte gambit. Boxing is a business and no matter what a fighter says, the guys holding the purse strings decide who they want to face and when and they clearly don't want Wilder at the moment, even with mandatories cleared out.

Team Parker are living in la la land

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...hs-off-opening-offer-for-anthony-joshua-fight

Reckons they are worth 40 percent in a fight where he doesn’t even bring in 10, if we are brutally honest it prob isn’t 5.

Not only that but they reckon if Joshua fights Wilder and Wilder wins and holds 3 belts then their man who holds one of the least respected belts in the sport is entitled to a 50/50 split.

Thought they would have been much smarter than that, they must know none of that is in the realm of reality.
David Higgins is mocked and ridiculed over here relentlessly. He is an absolute plonker and Parker would do well to get rid of him. Just look at the shite he pulled before the Fury fight and that's him in a nutshell.

David Higgins is mocked and ridiculed over here relentlessly. He is an absolute plonker and Parker would do well to get rid of him. Just look at the shite he pulled before the Fury fight and that's him in a nutshell.

I still think 20% is a piss take. The guy is a champion with something that Joshua wants. He isn’t going to get a half share but he’s worth more than 20% imo. It also gives Joshua more leverage with wilder if he wins the belt from Parker

Last edited:
I was referring to AJ's Promoter/Management constantly offering the Whyte fight with no guarantee that if he wins he gets Joshua while at the same time not making that requirement for Parker...they Wilder and Parker both have belts and Wilder is better known that Parker. So why ask the better know champion to "prove" himself as opposed to the lesser known guy?

AJ's promoter isn't even putting up a contract that says Wilder gets a fight with AJ if he beats Whyte. You tell me what kind of sense that makes. Its a hoop to jump through with no reward. That sounds like they just want to see if Whyte can get lucky and win the WBC title off of Wilder for their promotion without risking anything with their cash cow.

When it comes to Parker, they already know he is no threat so there is no reason to try the Whyte gambit. Boxing is a business and no matter what a fighter says, the guys holding the purse strings decide who they want to face and when and they clearly don't want Wilder at the moment, even with mandatories cleared out.

Dylian Whyte is a Hearn Fighter and top 3 in the WBC. I think it more than feasible that he wants his fighter to get the shot he feels he deserves. he was certainly more deserving than the fat fella wilder fought last week. He doesn't only promote Joshua after all.

Joshua has 20 fights and has taken far bigger risks than Wilder. Due to this he has 2 of the 4 belts. people can argue that Deontay was due to fight this guy and that guy, but in reality he's fought nobodys. parker has a better name on his resume with Takam. as unlucky as deontay has been we can't give him credit for guys he hasn't fought. Due to this he isn't well known over here, in fact people look at his record and think hes a protected champion. Joshua and Hearn do hold all of the cards, which will be even more the case if he beats Parker. I don't believe for a moment that hey hope Deontay losses to Whyte just so Joshua doesn't have to face him. Wlad is a far better fighter than wilder IMO and that fight was made immediately

The risk Hearn has is deontay has the ability to flatten whyte haye and Joshua in the same night.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back