Elections Roy Moore, GOP candidate for Senate, accused by 4 women of sexual advances when they were ages 14-17

No, the 7s above and underneath are clearly different.

And aside from that, the R and Y in 'Roy' are completely different in the two samples. Which is a pretty odd thing.

It's just weird.
I think the R's are similar when you consider the signatures are 40 years apart. As to the Y being different it's because he needs to add his middle initial "S" to his signature now which he didn't do in the yearbook signature.

And I think the "Olde Hickory House" and date were likely added by the victim here, probably added it to his message after he wrote it to signify where she knew him from as he wasn't a student.

It can be analyzed by a hand writing expert and have the ink dated as well. You can tell fresh ink from old ink - at least that's what Pawn Stars has taught me over the years. You can certainly tell ink from 40 years ago vs ink from a few days ago. And Moore will have a ton of official forms with his signature on it from around the time of this yearbook message that would be better to compare with than a signature from 40 years later. But even 40 yrs later I think there is enough with the R's, but also the "re" in his last name is distinct.

That only works logically if you begin from a very high probability of forgery.

It works logically, period. He's in a scandal, and they just happen to dig up this yearbook of one of the accusers, that lends credibility to the scandal. That's suspicious no matter how you look at it.

Skepticism of such a piece of evidence only seems weird, if you're of the position that he's already guilty, and anything that comes forward is legit.

That's because we don't know anything about handwriting analysis.

And there's still the problem that, even if Moore didn't write the 12-22 date and the print at the bottom, that doesn't change the fact that it was dated to Christmas '77 in the body of the letter itself. We can't analyze handwriting but we can look at the logic of that. The dates being the same shows that the two parts of the letter are connected in time. There is no advantage to repeating a date already in the body of the letter, in order to frame (?) somebody. How? That's a far, far weirder idea than any apparent handwriting discrepancy.

The victim likely added this part in to indicate how she knew this Roy Moore person for future reference/recall right after he signed it. So she wrote the name of the diner where she worked and he was a customer of hers at.

It works logically, period. He's in a scandal, and they just happen to dig up this yearbook of one of the accusers, that lends credibility to the scandal. That's suspicious no matter how you look at it.

Skepticism of such a piece of evidence only seems weird, if you're of the position that he's already guilty, and anything that comes forward is legit.
Actually the skepticism seems weird to me mostly because the "forgery" part doesn't serve any sort of obvious purpose, and doesn't appear to incriminate Moore in any way. The better avenue of skepticism would be regular old he said/she said, but you're so wrapped up in your, uh, "skepticism" that you don't see that, and you're trying to die on the wrong hill.

The victim likely added this part in to indicate how she knew this Roy Moore person for future reference/recall right after he signed it. So she wrote the name of the diner where she worked and he was a customer of hers at.
That seems reasonable.

So fishy that other Republicans are telling people to vote Democrat.

Yeah, and it's totally because they believe the story, and not because they think Moore's reputation, even if not guilty, will damage the party.

But hey, 'member when they told Donald Trump to drop out? Boy, they sure got over that fast.

Seriously, my delusional Liberal buddy, stop holding up the GOP's stance on current scandals as if it's a matter of integrity or beliefs. Both parties are morally bankrupt, and they only pretend to give a shit, when the blowback of a scandal is going to hurt the party.

And it looks like they were right about that.....

giphy.gif

A lot of people heard that when it happened.

Interdasting

Shit town had a whole bunch of people from this state who all knew this guy got murdered and he police covered it up. I’m sure this one is different though. I mean no way two small towns messed up some old gossip amirite

Those people saying the writing is different should consult you
No, that's the opposite of my point. They should consult handwriting experts. But even then, there are explanations other than forgery for there being different handwriting, like Shoeless Rye pointed out.

free_candy_van.jpg

They just released a photo of Statutory Roy's van from the 70's.

Apparently the letter of support from 50 Alabama pastors was from the primary (before these accusations).

2 of them have just asked for their names to be removed from it.

The tide might actually be turning in Bama....

@Captain Davis how's the temperature in Tide country?

No, that's the opposite of my point. They should consult handwriting experts. But even then, there are explanations other than forgery for there being different handwriting, like Shoeless Rye pointed out.
This would prove that one time Roy ate a meal at the restaurant she worked/was eating at 40 years ago? That would still mean he didn’t know her and wouldn’t remember her and she misspelled the name of the restaurant.

Oh and since this happened 40 years ago why haven’t there been any since? He grew out of it?

When else would such a thing come out but during something like this?

In retrospect, it was a little weird when Roy wanted his 40th birthday party to be held at the Skate World roller rink...

Back