Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, my bad.
I just noticed that written in the title. It's usually assumed that if you're in the thread, you've watched it.
i'll make alterations... lol but what's the point of having a thread about a show where you can't talk about what happened?
and yea, despite how terrible it is..im still watching

I agree 100%. The "no spoilers" is only for those who have read the comics or read leaks online. If you come into a thread it's assumed you've watched the show. We are free to discuss anything about the show at that point.
You don't go into a thread about the Star Wars movie and then bitch about "no spoilers dude" when someone mentions Vader is Luke's father.

A full grown tiger is not getting merked by a bunch of decomposing corpses. lol why did they even have the tiger in the show to kill it off in such a useless way?

The FIRST thing I thought of when Carol was in the midst of her "difficult" decision of whether to save Zeke, or let the Saviors take the guns was....shoot the fucking tires so that the guns can't leave the area!!! Ridiculous.
And there was a point where Carol Bourne was right behind all of those fuckers when they were loading the guns into the truck where she could have wasted them all, and instead she opened fire at some random ass time. What kind of plan was that?

All of these fill-in side actors are TERRIBLE. They are so obviously amateur it is absurd.
and lol at Rick jumping into that guys truck so effortlessly at like 90MPH
<36><36><36>

I know they don't HAVE to follow the comics. But in the comics the tiger does get killed by a bunch of zombies when saving Ezekiel. So basically they killed her off the same way on the show as the comics. However she wrecks a ton of shit before being taken down. In the show she shows up after they are basically already out of the pit and just smacks 1 zombie and then proceeds to just growl at them and crouch down. It was stupid.

Carol Bourne? lol - nice! Ya, she needs to work on her planning skills.

And totally agree with the Rick jumping scene. I commented a bit earlier but why the hell did he jump into the truck? Did he not have a gun? Was he hoping to take control of the truck so it didn't crash?

ep 4 Highlights
120s9ht.png
These extras SUCK ! :)
23itfd4.png
" We are ONE " stfu
10ifaz6.png
Ace Ventura looking mofo now smh
11hc3zd.png
fucking shoulderpads. Sick of these.
2mnf4m1.png
of course ! Must be the only show where bullets are slower than swords.
vh95yv.png
more unlimited ammos
67tj05.png
Zombies know how to open doors now.
nq9xrr.png
just climb the damn fence assholes
30kgc93.png
nope, not shooting now
11c6v4l.png
i'll wait until he's on the passenger seat.
2r4n4w1.png
just casually looking and chatting with your king while he's fighting his ass off,
2me64gw.png
then yelling : YOU'RE MY KING.

hahahah i love this show.

Oh shit, my bad.
I just noticed that written in the title. It's usually assumed that if you're in the thread, you've watched it.
i'll make alterations... lol but what's the point of having a thread about a show where you can't talk about what happened?
and yea, despite how terrible it is..im still watching
Yoy are good. That's no comic spoilers, and no production spoilers. You can discuss anything that's been aired. Who the fuck goes into a thread about an episode that has already aired complaining about spoilers?

I just wish they’d spring for actual blanks instead of CGI’ing muzzle flashes and adding gun noises to motionless prop guns being held by motionless actors while full auto shooting.

YEah, TWD isn't constrained by the comic at all.
Thid is an odd statement. Had you worded this as entirely constrained you'd be correct. But I don't understand how anyone could claim a show that literally follows the outline of its comic book source material "isn't constrained by the comic at all". It absolutely is, just not entirely.
There is plenty of stuff added and deleted in the show that wasn't in the comics.
That gives them a small measure of freedom. Thats not even close to having the same artistic freedom you'd have writing the show from scratch.

I have a somewhat different take. The Walking Dead has strayed from the comic MANY times.
Yes, they have strayed from the source material. And yet they are still bound to it. Just not entirely. It's not about "takes" or "perpectives". A show that follows a preconstructed outline (even when they take some liberties) doesn't have the same artistic freedom as show created from scratch. This is a fact.

I only watched the first season of FTWD and it wasn't nearly as good as the first season of TWD, so I stopped watching after that. The interesting thing for me is that FTWD gets about 1/4 the ratings of TWD and still gets renewed, so it sort of shows just how long TWD can go on for...
The first season of FTWD was terrible. I'd say it doesn't get good until season 3. Others may have enjoyed season 2 more.

Thid is an odd statement. Had you worded this as entirely constrained you'd be correct. But I don't understand how anyone could claim a show that literally follows the outline of its comic book source material "isn't constrained by the comic at all". It absolutely is, just not entirely.

That gives them a small measure of freedom. Thats not even close to having the same artistic freedom you'd have writing the show from scratch.
Constrained implies that there is no choice.
The show is based on the comic, but there doesn't seem to be any mandate that they MUST include certain stories or characters, or that a certain % of the show has to be faithful to the comic.
So no, I don't think they are constrained. There are things from the comics that they want to do, but then there's also other stuff that they don't want to do. The choice seems to be entirely up to the writers.

The show is based on the comic, but there doesn't seem to be any mandate that they MUST include certain stories or characters, or that a certain % of the show has to be faithful to the comic.
So no, I don't think they are constrained. There are things from the comics that they want to do, but then there's also other stuff that they don't want to do. The choice seems to be entirely up to the writers.
The point being the broad strokes are in place. There is a preset format they have to follow. The last cat that tried to change things too much got canned (Darabont). And he wasn't some scrub, the guy has a lot of sway.
This isnt really subjective. A show with a prewritten source material that is followed pretty faithfully (even if it's the main beats, the broadstrokes) simply does not have the same freedom as a show from scratch. This is factual, and a fairly simple concept to grasp. I can't tell if you're intentionally being a contrarion to confound me.

Yes, they have strayed from the source material. And yet they are still bound to it. Just not entirely. It's not about "takes" or "perpectives". A show that follows a preconstructed outline (even when they take some liberties) doesn't have the same artistic freedom as show created from scratch. This is a fact.

The first season of FTWD was terrible. I'd say it doesn't get good until season 3. Others may have enjoyed season 2 more.

I love season 1 and 3 of Fear Walking dead.

Season 2 is almost unbearable its like "The love boat" with zombies.

Not really. Constrained implies "compelled to move in a certain direction" among other things. You worded it "not constrained at all". That is factually incorrect. They may choose a different route here and there, or change some of the characters a bit. Maybe even add or exclude characters. But they are absolutely compelled to move this story in a certain direction. Andrea was so different (from her CB character) she may as well have had a different name. But notice we still have most of the same characters filling similar roles as their counterparts. Almost all the main plot beats are there. That's the very definition (at least one of them) of constrained.

The show is based on the comic, but there doesn't seem to be any mandate that they MUST include certain stories or characters.
Andrea was one of the biggest changes, along with the Terminus stuff. But that's not even close to being able to create entirely new casts of characters with completely new settings. All the while not having to keep your pieces (characters) in place for the next big beat that they won't deviate from.

I love season 1 and 3 of Fear Walking dead.

Season 2 is almost unbearable its like "The love boat" with zombies.

I don't even think I've watched most of season 2. Once they started to settle at that Mexican compound I stopped watching. It was not a very compelling story. I may try and go back through it all. I just don't have the time to waste hoping it won't be as mediocre as it was the first time.

nq9xrr.png
just climb the damn fence assholes

They can't just "climb the damn fence", there is barbed wire at the top. It's not like they are wearing full body armor and shoulder pa-- oh.

The point being the broad strokes are in place. There is a preset format they have to follow. The last cat that tried to change things too much got canned (Darabont). And he wasn't some scrub, the guy has a lot of sway.
This isnt really subjective. A show with a prewritten source material that is followed pretty faithfully (even if it's the main beats, the broadstrokes) simply does not have the same freedom as a show from scratch. This is factual, and a fairly simple concept to grasp. I can't tell if you're intentionally being a contrarion to confound me.
Is that really why Darabont got canned? I never heard that cited as a reason.

They can't just "climb the damn fence", there is barbed wire at the top. It's not like they are wearing full body armor and shoulder pa-- oh.

I figured Jerry was too fat to climb and Zeke had a poorly ankle.

They never seem to have made any use of the armour at all.

Is that really why Darabont got canned? I never heard that cited as a reason.
As far as I know (which isn't very far in this regard) one of the main reasons was Kirkman didn't like the changes he was making. The CDC plotline (Kirkman doesnt want to explore the technical side of the "virus", nor the origin), as well as some of the zombies displaying more advanced behavior (such as smashing the window with a rock). I've heard Darabont can be a nightmare to work with, but he had great rapport with the bulk of the main cast in season 1. Enough that some (Laurie Holden and Jeffery DeMunn in particular) wanted out once he left. Seems the only bigger loss would have been Kirkman himself.

Last edited:
They never seem to have made any use of the armour at all.
No armor needed. Just a shirt that says NOT A ZOMBIE. The bullets will bounce right off, or veer around them.

This show is pretty bad, but I never miss it, and never will.

It's post apocalyptic.

With eternal gas and self-manicuring lawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back