Three UCLA students released after shoplifting

Well, for first offenders that result is certainly possible, but not guaranteed. I'd hesitate to call any crime charged at the felony level 'minor'. It's certainly a more serious charge in China than in the US, sure.

Ultimately, the property was recovered. They disgraced their school and country and should be kicked off the team, imo.

They took a pair of sunglasses. The horror.

I'm sure the school will discipline them as they see fit.

Interesting..

Trump secured kids home.

Looks like savior for a few hours..

Until he tweets something.

I wonder what Jinping got out of publicity stunt?

Not in fucking China...

Yeah, but America treats their citizens like snowflakes and the State Department will sweep in to save them when they go abroad to commit crimes.

You're making it seem like this was some great feat that no other administration could have accomplished.
I made one comment in this thread about how what happens under the admin's watch is credited to the admin. Good or bad. I'm not making it "seem" like anything.

It appears the charges were simply dropped.

No it doesn't.

China dropped the charges sure, but I haven't see anything to indicate they're going to escape punishment from their school.

Surprised Trump was able to do something right this time.

If Trump, or anyone associated with him in any way whatsoever, had anything to do with it IT's BAD!

Get that straight

China dropped the charges sure, but I haven't see anything to indicate they're going to escape punishment from their school.
Surely then we can both agree that, absent the involvement of President Trump, these student athletes will not see anything that even closely resembles 'punishment'.

It's not like they were there representing their school/sport/country or anything. Case closed.

I have no sympathy for people that go to other countries, break those countries' law and then complain that they are being treated different than they would be in the U.S.

Surely then we can both agree that, absent the involvement of President Trump, these student athletes will not see anything that even closely resembles 'punishment'.

It's not like they were there representing their school/sport/country or anything. Case closed.

I'm not going to assume things to fit your narrative.

China, North Korea, Philippines, Indonesia.....these are not the type of places to fuck around in trying to look cool for your friends

4622640000000578-5062657-image-a-25_1510156331767.jpg
4622637D00000578-5062657-image-a-26_1510156331796.jpg
4622638100000578-5062657-image-m-24_1510156318806.jpg

These three morons stole $1000s in luxury goods from three different luxury stores in HangZhou, including sunglasses from Louis Vuitton. Trying to steal anything from any store in China is a horrible idea, as store managers do not fuck around there and you will be caught. But trying to steal luxury goods in China is monumentally stupid.

Question: Why the hell is Trump intervening on their behalf?

I've known Americans in China who have broken Chinese law and they sure as hell didn't get bailed out by the president. Smells like these guys are benefitting from athlete's privilege. If you or I had stolen the same stuff, we would be sitting in jail right now.

Shame on Trump. There are much more important uses of his time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nce-captured-UCLA-players-stealing-China.html

Why is a white supremacist racist helping underprivileged youf.

Bizarre.

Back