Famous BASE jumper dies in wingsuit jump.

You could say the same about many heroin addicts and alcoholics
You could, but you’d be being purposefully obtuse. Pushing the limits of human capabilities against the forces of nature is a far cry different than putting poisons into your body.

As you explained before, it is a narrow ridge they need to traverse as well as narrow trails on the sides of steep slopes. The body would slide off to one side requiring leading and trailing people. Simply taking one step is extremely exerting. Dragging anything is nearly impossible as it requires much more oxygen. I think the Japanese had a crew of ten trying to bring the body back and gave up after a short distance.
afaik only Sherpas have been able to achieve this from the summit pyramid.

Cutting the body up is an interesting idea that might work (?), but what I understand is that the bodies are crudely hacked out of their icy graves with climbing axes. You would need heavy tools to cut up the body and the sawing would be strenuous, as you're going through layers of ice as well as bone and possibly frozen flesh. The locals would probably have a major objection to that treatment of bodies as well.

Seriously don't understand the hate.

The dude lived an incredibly exciting and fun life. He died doing what he loved and I'm sure there's no other way he wanted to go out.

tenor.gif

You could, but you’d be being purposefully obtuse. Pushing the limits of human capabilities against the forces of nature is a far cry different than putting poisons into your body.

I'm also willing to bet the majority of drug addicts end up hating their addictiction , or at least not loving it, and that the opposite is true of people engaging in high-risk sports.

The dude lived an incredibly exciting and fun life. He died doing what he loved and I'm sure there's no other way he wanted to go out.

tenor.gif
It’s sherdog. Most people here seem to hate anything and everything that they themselves don’t do, believe, eat, value, etc. It’s much easier and beneficial when you can live and let live.

It’s sherdog. Most people here seem to hate anything and everything that they themselves don’t do, believe, eat, value, etc. It’s much easier and beneficial when you can live and let live.
I agree with everything you said here.
giphy.gif

I suppose online message boards aren't the pinnacle of well socialized individuals.

I'm certainly not hating on the guy - just as he should be allowed to live his life (and die) doing what he loves, I should be allowed to have my opinion that it's a selfish thing to do, especially if you have a family.

tenor.gif

everyone hates Russians, dude

I'm certainly not hating on the guy - just as he should be allowed to live his life (and die) doing what he loves, I should be allowed to have my opinion that it's a selfish thing to do, especially if you have a family.

You literally said play stupid games win stupid prizes. that’s hating, bro.

You literally said play stupid games win stupid prizes. that’s hating, bro.

In my opinion, it is a stupid game. He's (was) entitled to live that way, but I can't be sad for someone who put themselves in harms way like that. I don't think that's hating, that's just telling it like it is.

In my opinion, it is a stupid game. He's (was) entitled to live that way, but I can't be sad for someone who put themselves in harms way like that. I don't think that's hating, that's just telling it like it is.

He’s stupid because he was doing something that you didn’t like? That’s hating to me.

Whenever there is a death or injury in combat sports there is always that one guy who "doesn't feel bad because cage fighting." You're that guy right now.

Whenever there is a death or injury in combat sports there is always that one guy who "doesn't feel bad because cage fighting." You're that guy right now.

We're not talking about combat sports.

We're talking about jumping off something from very high up.

We all participate in things in life where there is inherent danger, like driving, drinking, flying etc. even fighting MMA, but these things are not comparable to what this man did.

Back