Elections Roy Moore, GOP candidate for Senate, accused by 4 women of sexual advances when they were ages 14-17

You're trying to make this seem unusual it isn't, she would being attacked called a liar then just as she is now, it takes a lot of courage to come forward, makes it easier if others have come forward as well.

My wife was assaulted in a car park years ago( groping , racial slurs, threats, car came in luckily ) she wanted no part going to the police, at the time I just couldn't understand

You can dress it up however you want. You can't deny that this situation is a little different than the norm, and that the timing, people involved, and in this case, the representation of a grandstanding, attention seeking lawyer, naturally lends itself to skepticism.

To be clear I'm very uncomfortable with all these ancient claims coming out, I've been consistent on this for years, I'm finding it very amusing at the moment watching all the conservatives who were cheering with all the Hollywood stuff coming out now doing mental gymnastics over this Moore situation ....good stuff

Well, that wouldn't be me, as I've only condemned those that lent credibility to the accusations made towards them, like Weinstein(went to therapy/wide open secret that few deny), Spacey(seemed to not remember specific incident, because there were so many. Tried to deflect by coming out of the closet), and CK(flat out admitted it).

I know there are tons more, and I haven't looked into all of them, but if any of them are flat out denying the accusations, and have no other evidence against them other than someone's word, I'd give them the same benefit of the doubt.

"To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore Roy Moore, DA."

What a great Christian.

"To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore Roy Moore, DA."

What a great Christian.

Needs to swap out that cowboy hat for a fedora.

10570402.jpg

Needs to swap out that cowboy hat for a fedora.

10570402.jpg
... after all, he doesn't recall dating a high school freshman without her mother's permission.
LOL
And the voters still might go for him. They've lost the plot. A lot of phony religious idiots evidently.

... after all, he doesn't recall dating a high school freshman without her mother's permission.
LOL
And the voters still might go for him. They've lost the plot. A lot of phony religious idiots evidently.

Alabama is basically equivalent to a third world country.

Alabama is basically equivalent to a third world country.
They're throwing away any right to think of themselves, as evangelicals love doing, as standing on moral high ground with this.
They're standing up proudly to be counted with a child molester.

Nothing they say in the future needs any attention paid to it, because when they start blathering, this can be brought up.

You can dress it up however you want. You can't deny that this situation is a little different than the norm, and that the timing, people involved, and in this case, the representation of a grandstanding, attention seeking lawyer, naturally lends itself to skepticism.
except, like with the recent hollywood scandals, this has been an open secret for a while. And as to why come out now,
There are plenty of stories to tell, the longtime secretaries, parole officers and lawyers said, but not on the record and not now, while Moore sits atop the state court system and controls its purse strings.

boils down to the power he held kept the normal safeguards you and I depend on to protect us at bay until now, now that he's running for a different office.

I agree. Not even sure why they even get to be represented in congress. Should give their seats to the GOAT state of CA, IMO.

Like....Puerto Rico doesn't get ANY senators or representatives....but Alabama gets multiple? wtf?

seen on twitter;
"Roy Moore is the man Evangelical Christians warned you about — only they told you he was a gay man or a trans woman"

seen on twitter;
"Roy Moore is the man Evangelical Christians warned you about — only they told you he was a gay man or a trans woman"
We need laws to keep the GOP out of our bathrooms to protect our young daughters.

Apparently the letter of support from 50 Alabama pastors was from the primary (before these accusations).

2 of them have just asked for their names to be removed from it.

The tide might actually be turning in Bama....

@Captain Davis how's the temperature in Tide country?
Actually haven't heard much about it. I'm not a fan of Moore, but it seems somewhat suspicious that these women are coming out of the woodwork after 30 years, when the topic is hot right now.

How do we prove that he did it?

It seems suspicious, but if he's guilty, fuck eem.

Actually haven't heard much about it. I'm not a fan of Moore, but it seems somewhat suspicious that these women are coming out of the woodwork after 30 years, when the topic is hot right now.

How do we prove that he did it?

It seems suspicious, but if he's guilty, fuck eem.

Scroll up to @Kiddo716 s post above.

It looks like rumblings of this was being talked about in Alabama in 2002 and settled down. Now that he's seeking a national office the national media is looking into him.

This reminds of Bill Cosby. Locally we were hearing rumblings about Cosby around 2003-5 and it died down.

Then Hannibal Burress made a joke about him that went viral and the national press started looking into him.

Next thing you know everybody is coming out.

Scroll up to @Kiddo716 s post above.

It looks like rumblings of this was being talked about in Alabama in 2002 and settled down. Now that he's seeking a national office the national media is looking into him.

This reminds of Bill Cosby. Locally we were hearing rumblings about Cosby around 2003-5 and it died down.

Then Hannibal Burress made a joke about him that went viral and the national press started looking into him.

Next thing you know everybody is coming out.
This is the first Id heard of it, but you would think after all of the Ten Commandments charade several years ago, it would have come out then.

I don't know, it just seems like suspicious timing to me.

Good God man. The wingnut self-ownage just won't stop.

Last edited:
This is the first Id heard of it, but you would think after all of the Ten Commandments charade several years ago, it would have come out then.

I don't know, it just seems like suspicious timing to me.
like with the Hollywood scandals, those "in the know" knew, but didn't do much about because of the power they held

Back