John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

which makes it all the more hilarious that they come here to become wealthy/famous by essentially mocking at least half the country

Trevor Noah, from South Africa ffs, routinely brings up racial issues in the US as if we're the beacon of racism in the Western World. Not, you know, his own country
I used to think of him as an anti American fool, but he's grown a bit.

lol, crying about the nationality of cable talk show hosts. You don't have to watch it, it's optional. It's optional to even have access to the channels they're doing it on.

Find something better to do.
'is a bit odd IMO' is no way conducive to crying or whatever you were implying

1) step your insult game up, please
2) if you don't find it odd that literally every late night comedian that routinely shits on the US is in fact not American.....I'm not sure what to tell you. Why couldn't they be doing this in their own country? of, that's right
edit: forgot Colbert, clearly he is American

which makes it all the more hilarious that they come here to become wealthy/famous by essentially mocking at least half the country

Trevor Noah, from South Africa ffs, routinely brings up racial issues in the US as if we're the beacon of racism in the Western World. Not, you know, his own country

To be f

Oliver covers Brexit, and just hushes away the obvious racial sentiments involved in that voting process (we'll say Immigration instead of racial, but whatever), yet routinely shits on the US. Sure haha

TBF everyone is clowning on the Right at the moment.

You got Trump tweeting about everything he sees on Fox and the Tea Party/Moore people are just insane.

You even have prominent conservative pundits beating up on Trump and the GOP daily like David Frum, Cheri Jacobus and Bruce Bartlett

To be f

TBF everyone is clowning on the Right at the moment.

You got Trump tweeting about everything he sees on Fox and the Tea Party/Moore people are just insane.

You even have prominent conservative pundits beating up on Trump and the GOP daily like David Frum, Cheri Jacobus and Bruce Bartlett
which I guess just highlights how one sided the media is
b/c it was exactly the same under W.

and under Obama? not even a peep outside of Breitbart and Fox News

makes sense haha

which I guess just highlights how one sided the media is
b/c it was exactly the same under W.

and under Obama? not even a peep outside of Breitbart and Fox News

makes sense haha

But even the GOP is beating up on the GOP.

You didn't have W feuding with Trent Lott and Dennis Hastert.

'is a bit odd IMO' is no way conducive to crying or whatever you were implying

1) step your insult game up, please
2) if you don't find it odd that literally every late night comedian that routinely shits on the US is in fact not American.....I'm not sure what to tell you. Why couldn't they be doing this in their own country? of, that's right
edit: forgot Colbert, clearly he is American

lol step up my insult game

I wasn't trying to insult you, but obviously it hurt your feelings anyway.

Watch something else.

lol step up my insult game

I wasn't trying to insult you, but obviously it hurt your feelings anyway.

Watch something else.
as others have stated, the entire show isn't bad, Oliver i'm referring to here (Noah's and Bee's shows are atrocious throughout)

the non politicized segments are generally pretty informative, albeit a bit biased (noticed this especially on the stadium funding segment)

Starts at 6:20 and ends around 7:30

Pretty effing disgraceful. This guy equates ANTIFA attacking protestors in Charlotsville (regardless of what kind) as "kicking Hitler in the balls with Crocs on" and this having no implication of one of the protestors running a car through the ANTIFA crowd. Pretty sure, if ANTIFA did not show up to start the fight with protestors, the tragedy could have been avoided.

I always wondered if the show has any real credibility, well, it never did clearly. Just leftist talking point regurgitation.

Are you upset that white supremacists got their asses kicked?

The point of the "deplorables" comment was that a portion of Trump supporters are decent people who support him because they always support the Republican and they can be reached, but another portion truly revels in the ugliness of the campaign and cannot be reached by decent folks. You read the WR. Do you think a politician should be courting the votes of people like @Bloodworth, @SlipperyKantu (sp?), or @RIPWarrior?

Regardless of the intention it was a terrible strategy by the Clinton campaign. All Clinton did was polarize an already extremely polarized country and give fuel to the opposition to further smear her as being detached from the white working class. The message is out there that the Democratic party hates the white working class and they have not done a very good job at convincing people otherwise. Academics, activists, celebrities, athletes, late-night talkshow hosts and politicians consistently reinforce the message, whether they intend to or not, that they see the white working class as a blight on humanity which only fuels animosity towards the left.

It has been sad seeing guys that I used to laugh at, like Colbert, Stewart and Oliver become full blown propaganda machines for the deep state. Sad!

I used to think of him as an anti American fool, but he's grown a bit.

Pretty bizarre having these immigrant "comedians" (if you can call them that with a straight face) trashing USA politics.

Some issues they address are worthwhile, but it gets too diluted with shit propaganda to be worthwhile listening to.

Pretty bizarre having these immigrant "comedians" (if you can call them that with a straight face) trashing USA politics.

Some issues they address are worthwhile, but it gets too diluted with shit propaganda to be worthwhile listening to.
I feel like you'd say different if he shared your politics and trashed the right politicians.
Be honest, truth?

I feel like you'd say different if he shared your politics and trashed the right politicians.
Be honest, truth?

Not exactly. It would still be weird having some Polack or Russian dude on cable who recently moved to US have political show. Like, STFU you just got here. Ya know? It's just odd them running a political commentary.

It has been sad seeing guys that I used to laugh at, like Colbert, Stewart and Oliver become full blown propaganda machines for the deep state. Sad!

I think it's even more sad the internet has turned your kind into hysterical conspiracy seeking alarmists.

Not exactly. It would still be weird having some Polack or Russian dude on cable who recently moved to US have political show. Like, STFU you just got here. Ya know? It's just odd them running a political commentary.

America is a free country and we respect free enterprise.

If an American cable station wants to hire a Polack or Russian dude host a political show, that's their right.

I agree and yet I'm split. It depends on the issue. I don't want to hear him, for example, talk about our 2nd Amendment.

Back