So is The Biggest Loser officially done?

G

Guestx

Did all the criticism finally bring them down?

The last season premiered in the beginning of January. There's been nothing since then. But there's also no cancellation announcement.

I was never a devoted follower of the show but I did like to check it out every few years to see what was going on with it.

I wonder how all the criticism has impacted the trainers who worked on the show. Did it significantly damage Bob and Jillian's brand?

So many questions about The Biggest Loser. . .

EDIT: Looks like the New York Post did publish something that said the show has in fact been canceled, but NBC has not confirmed this.

1392199676380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So.... in the show's history, who was the biggest loser that kept the weight off?

So.... in the show's history, who was the biggest loser that kept the weight off?

That's a good question. Hell, I'd just like to know what percentage of the contestants period actually kept the weight off.

Here's something interesting from Wikipedia:

In 2016, the results of a long term study by the US National Institute of Health (NIH) were released that documented the weight gain and loss of contestants in Season 8, which aired in 2009. The study found that most of the 16 contestants regained their weight, and in some case gained more than before they entered the contest. Their metabolisms had slowed to the point where they were burning hundreds of calories a day less than other people of their new, reduced, size. The New York Times reported: "What shocked the researchers was what happened next: As the years went by and the numbers on the scale climbed, the contestants’ metabolisms did not recover... It was as if their bodies were intensifying their effort to pull the contestants back to their original weight." The article quoted Dr. Michael Rosenbaum who said, "The difficulty in keeping weight off reflects biology, not a pathological lack of willpower."

After the study results were revealed, former contestants demanded NBC cancel the show.

After the study results were revealed, former contestants demanded NBC cancel the show.

Wow... a show that's theme and purpose is to help massively obese people get to a healthy weight, is being held responsible by former successess of the show that reverted to their former habits and became fatter than they ever were before.

Holy fat fucks, Batman.

Wow... a show that's theme and purpose is to help massively obese people get to a healthy weight, is being held responsible by former successess of the show that reverted to their former habits and became fatter than they ever were before.

Holy fat fucks, Batman.

LOL.

Well, if the stuff about it damaging people's metabolism is medically true, then I have to say I do think that's a problem.

LOL.

Well, if the stuff about it damaging people's metabolism is medically true, then I have to say I do think that's a problem.

Obese people losing weight is effecting their metabolism?

In that case, they should gain all the weight back and be subject to the diseases, cancers, and other causes of early death related to being fat fucks.

LOL.

So outlaw exercise all together? Or just maybe they're looking for someone to blame even though they're the ones that decided to quit trying.

Obese people losing weight is effecting their metabolism?

In that case, they should gain all the weight back and be subject to the diseases, cancers, and other causes of early death related to being fat fucks.

So outlaw exercise all together? Or just maybe they're looking for someone to blame even though they're the ones that decided to quit trying.

LOL. Did y'all even read what I posted?

Here, let me do it one more time:

In 2016, the results of a long term study by the US National Institute of Health (NIH) were released that documented the weight gain and loss of contestants in Season 8, which aired in 2009. The study found that most of the 16 contestants regained their weight, and in some case gained more than before they entered the contest. Their metabolisms had slowed to the point where they were burning hundreds of calories a day less than other people of their new, reduced, size. The New York Times reported: "What shocked the researchers was what happened next: As the years went by and the numbers on the scale climbed, the contestants’ metabolisms did not recover... It was as if their bodies were intensifying their effort to pull the contestants back to their original weight." The article quoted Dr. Michael Rosenbaum who said, "The difficulty in keeping weight off reflects biology, not a pathological lack of willpower."

Either there's a reading comprehension problem here or you two do not feel like the National Institute of Health is qualified to perform this study.

Weight gain is a mathematical problem at its core, not genetics or anything else.

If your metabolism is slow, eat fucking less.

Here’s one way to look at it.

Say you have a corvette and a civic.

The corvette burns more fuel and faster, so you HAVE to put more gas in the tank.

You wouldn’t drive around town with 3/4 tank left in the civic and pump 20 gallons into it when the tank still has 15.

You burn less you eat less. If you don’t you become a fat fuck. That’s all there is to it

LOL. Did y'all even read what I posted?

Here, let me do it one more time:

Either there's a reading comprehension problem here or you two do not feel like the National Institute of Health is qualified to perform this study.

If they don’t understand that eating more than you are burning and getting fatter is in fucking fact a lack of will power then no, those Stupid fucks do not

Weight gain is a mathematical problem at its core, not genetics or anything else.

If your metabolism is slow, eat fucking less.

Here’s one way to look at it.

Say you have a corvette and a civic.

The corvette burns more fuel and faster, so you HAVE to put more gas in the tank.

You wouldn’t drive around town with 3/4 tank left in the civic and pump 20 gallons into it when the tank still has 15.

You burn less you eat less. If you don’t you become a fat fuck. That’s all there is to it

If you're 300 pounds and your metabolism is running so slowly that it requires 2 hours of exercise a day and a 1000 calorie diet to lose weight, then that is a serious problem.

It's not as simple as just saying, "Well workout two hours a day and eat 1000 calories!"

If you're 300 pounds and your metabolism is running so slowly that it requires 2 hours of exercise a day and a 1000 calorie diet to lose weight, then that is a serious problem.

It's not as simple as just saying, "Well workout two hours a day and eat 1000 calories!"

Exercise and types of food rev up the metabolism.. seems just like everything these days we have to be sympathetic (in this case to fat fucks) with zero will power

Want to lose weight? have some discipline eat good foods/good nutrition..

Want to gain muscle do the above + work out hard..

No sympathy for fat fucks... BUT BUT MA METABOLISM DOE

Yes it fucking is. If you don’t want to be a fat fuck but lack the will power to not eat two whole pizzas at dinner and don’t work out you’ll be a fat fuck.

As I got older my metabolism slowed way the fuck down, I gained a shit ton of weight quickly.

I’m in decent shape for not working out all the time anymore still. Know what? I fucking don’t eat as much as I used too!!

Simple

"What shocked the researchers was what happened next: As the years went by and the numbers on the scale climbed, the contestants’ metabolisms did not recover... It was as if their bodies were intensifying their effort to pull the contestants back to their original weight." The article quoted Dr. Michael Rosenbaum who said, "The difficulty in keeping weight off reflects biology, not a pathological lack of willpower."

I highly doubt they gained all that weight back by eating only eggs and other healthy foods, drinking only water, and working out constantly.

So, none of the contestants went back to going to buffets, eating ice cream by the quart, and cancelling their gym memberships?

There's hundreds of examples of people going from massively obese bohemoths to being a healthy size, and keeping it off. Its all about willpower, education, and finding out what works right for them.

Exercise and types of food rev up the metabolism.. seems just like everything these days we have to be sympathetic (in this case to fat fucks) with zero will power

Want to lose weight? have some discipline eat good foods/good nutrition..

Want to gain muscle do the above + work out hard..

No sympathy for fat fucks... BUT BUT MA METABOLISM DOE

What you're missing here is that the coaches on The Biggest Loser are known for prescribing EXTREME, perhaps even dangerous, weight loss methods that go way beyond what is standard.

The contention of the study is that these extreme methods caused irregular damage to the contestants' metabolisms that now causes them to burn calories at a lower rate than other people who lost weight, but did it in a more conventional way.

Considering that these are medical professionals, and you're a guy named "snootylol" on Sherdog, you'll have to forgive me if I take the medical professionals' opinion on this with greater authority.

Yes it fucking is. If you don’t want to be a fat fuck but lack the will power to not eat two whole pizzas at dinner and don’t work out you’ll be a fat fuck.

As I got older my metabolism slowed way the fuck down, I gained a shit ton of weight quickly.

I’m in decent shape for not working out all the time anymore still. Know what? I fucking don’t eat as much as I used too!!

Simple

Okay.

I highly doubt they gained all that weight back by eating only eggs and other healthy foods, drinking only water, and working out constantly.

So, none of the contestants went back to going to buffets, eating ice cream by the quart, and cancelling their gym memberships?

There's hundreds of examples of people going from massively obese bohemoths to being a healthy size, and keeping it off. Its all about willpower, education, and finding out what works right for them.

I'm sure some of them probably did just go home and pig out.

But here's the kicker for me:

"Their metabolisms had slowed to the point where they were burning hundreds of calories a day less than other people of their new, reduced, size."

The people conducting the study must have had a way to measure the metabolic rate of the Bigger Loser contestants vs people outside of that group.

Have you ever actually watched The Biggest Loser, or more importantly, read any of the allegations about what goes on behind the scenes? It's not normal and it's not standard weight loss protocol.

Back