Can we please stop pretending there is such a thing as a "UFC title"?

put it this way - what makes boxing titles more legitimate? the IBF doesn't rank wilder. joshua can fight the #1 contender in the ibf but why does that make his title legit? the wbc doesn't rank joshua.....

retard - quote where ufc says they are sports entertainment akin to wwe.
Fuck off bitch. Read the articles and figure it out for yourself. You can also read the stuff other people posted.

Fuck off bitch. Read the articles and figure it out for yourself. You can also read the stuff other people posted.
i read it, and they never said it. so why the fuck can't you just admit it's a lie? either that or post the quote. you can't and you won't.

i read it, and they never said it. so why the fuck can't you just admit it's a lie? either that or post the quote. you can't and you won't.
Goddamn you're fucking stupid. There is no oversight in the UFC. They promote who they want and they can match up who they want for the belt as we all have seen. Now go away shill.

Goddamn you're fucking stupid. There is no oversight in the UFC. They can match up who they want for the belt as we all have seen. Now go away shill.

lol. so they never said they were sports entertainment and the article made that up? thanks for playing.

and tell me how after losing to floyd shane mosely had a draw and then 2 more title fights. one at welterweight. next at light middleweight. oh right, because boxing is all on merit.

BE has been a joke in the MMA world for as long as i can remember. info-tainment style. opinion based, no substance, few facts. clickbait. that sorta thing.
So is that your opinion or is there any basis for that? For the record, I view most MMA outlets about the same. With the exception of ones with an active user base.

So is that your opinion or is there any basis for that? For the record, I view most MMA outlets about the same. With the exception of ones with an active user base.
well, that's a fair assessment actually. in the last few years, most mma sites have gone downhill and met BE at the bottom. for example, i used to enjoy mmamania, but it is now utter shit. pure clickbait and little substance.

but historically BE was the bottom. but now i'm an old curmudgeonny fart who remembers the good ol days when BE was the worst.

i still like mmajunkie.

cheers.

Do I have to stop pretending on Sherdog only or do I have to stop in real life too?

From the link I posted about them lobbying in NY

124. Live professional MMA is not just a sporting event; it is also entertainment and theater. The fighters are athletes and performers both. Live professional MMA matches provide fighters with myriad expressive outlets, allowing fighters to build relationships with their fans and tell the world their story. The expression in these live events begins far outside the cage, is carried into it, and continues when the fighters exit. Professional MMA has, over the years, developed its own unique pageantry and tradition. Many fans come for this complete story.

Read the other people's links for what Ratner was saying in the Congressional hearings

Congressman: “If the UFC is considered a professional sport, then it should be on a merit-based rankings system, when the fans know the No. 1 contender actually has a shot at the title. Because we haven’t seen that at middleweight. How did Dan Henderson – and I like Dan Henderson, this is no knock on him – but he wasn’t even in the top-10, and when was he last in the top-10? He got to fight Bisping for the title shot. Did the (No.) 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 ranked contenders refuse?

Marc Ratner: “When Dan Henderson fought Michael Bisping, it was a natural rematch from a fight four or five years ago,”

Congressman: “But then it wasn’t a title shot, but yet it was for a title shot. Then that means the world championship belt that the UFC has isn’t really a world championship belt. It’s really what (UFC Chief Operating Officer) Lawrence Epstein personally told me: It’s simply an award they bestow on the best fighter that night. That’s insulting to every professional athlete.”

Marc Ratner: “I don’t pay attention to the rankings, but I’m sure that...”

Congressman: “...and you are misleading the American people. When you make those statements, clarify specifically on what it is you are talking about, because once again you are talking about the health of the fighter. The Ali Act deals with the compensation of the fighter. It also deals with a merit-based ranking system.”

Step off bitch I dont have time for you.

From the link I posted about them lobbying in NY

124. Live professional MMA is not just a sporting event; it is also entertainment and theater. The fighters are athletes and performers both. Live professional MMA matches provide fighters with myriad expressive outlets, allowing fighters to build relationships with their fans and tell the world their story. The expression in these live events begins far outside the cage, is carried into it, and continues when the fighters exit. Professional MMA has, over the years, developed its own unique pageantry and tradition. Many fans come for this complete story.

Read the other people's links for what Ratner was saying in the Congressional hearings

Congressman: “If the UFC is considered a professional sport, then it should be on a merit-based rankings system, when the fans know the No. 1 contender actually has a shot at the title. Because we haven’t seen that at middleweight. How did Dan Henderson – and I like Dan Henderson, this is no knock on him – but he wasn’t even in the top-10, and when was he last in the top-10? He got to fight Bisping for the title shot. Did the (No.) 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 ranked contenders refuse?

Marc Ratner: “When Dan Henderson fought Michael Bisping, it was a natural rematch from a fight four or five years ago,”

Congressman: “But then it wasn’t a title shot, but yet it was for a title shot. Then that means the world championship belt that the UFC has isn’t really a world championship belt. It’s really what (UFC Chief Operating Officer) Lawrence Epstein personally told me: It’s simply an award they bestow on the best fighter that night. That’s insulting to every professional athlete.”

Marc Ratner: “I don’t pay attention to the rankings, but I’m sure that...”

Congressman: “...and you are misleading the American people. When you make those statements, clarify specifically on what it is you are talking about, because once again you are talking about the health of the fighter. The Ali Act deals with the compensation of the fighter. It also deals with a merit-based ranking system.”

Step off bitch I dont have time for you.

holy shit.... a sport is entertainment.....how ground breaking.....

you're aware sports entertainment actually has a meaning....it's apparently not what you think it is.

and again, tell me how mosely gets a title shot at a higher weight class coming off a loss. tell me how berto got to face floyd. tell me why the ibf hw rankings make sense across the division. tell me why boxing is pure compared to the ufc model. fuckin congressmen talking sports. again, the ali act doesn't get joshua ranked by the wbc. or wba. etc.

Did having the title make Cody Garbrandt better than TJ Dillashaw, JJ better than Rose, or Michael Bisping better than GSP? The only guy I think is without a doubt the best that has a belt right now is Jon Jones and he should be stripped.

holy shit.... a sport is entertainment.....how ground breaking.....

you're aware sports entertainment actually has a meaning....it's apparently not what you think it is.

and again, tell me how mosely gets a title shot at a higher weight class coming off a loss. tell me how berto got to face floyd. tell me why the ibf hw rankings make sense across the division. tell me why boxing is pure compared to the ufc model. fuckin congressmen talking sports. again, the ali act doesn't get joshua ranked by the wbc. or wba. etc.
I guess you forgot to read the part about theater. Context matters.
I wont pander to your trolling anymore. <3>

I guess you forgot to read the part about theater. Context matters.
I wont pander to your trolling anymore. <3>
All sports are entertainment and theater. That’s what they fuckin sell retard. You don’t think boxing sells the same thing?? Lol

It’s not sports entertainment. Again, you know that’s a specific thing right??

All sports are entertainment and theater. That’s what they fuckin sell retard. You don’t think boxing sells the same thing?? Lol

It’s not sports entertainment. Again, you know that’s a specific thing right??
and legit sports have governing bodies, committees, leagues, unions, protections under laws etc. UFC does what they want and they could drop USADA and the commissions and go back to reservations if they wanted.

Which makes them a sports entertainment business.

Last edited:
Back