An LAPD officer accidentally filmed himself putting cocaine in a suspect’s wallet

What’s your take on the op?

I work as an emergency veterinarian...I have seen dogs that are small that have been shot or kicked by cops. I grew up in LA...I absolutely understand the need for us as a community to bring these things to light and I stand with all my fellow citizens in NOT wanting a police state.

Where I stand is that my views changed drastically from liberalism when I lived in the ghetto for 3 years for medical school. I saw a lot of gang on gang violence and it truly broke my heart. While I fully agree there are issues within the police force we are downplaying the issue that is black on black violence.

When I looked around the community for years I also saw a lot of poor hispanic people but I noticed something after living there for 3 years. The hispanics usually had families and I NEVER once saw a black father in 3 years in the ghetto.

Not once did I see a black family just go to a restaurant and enjoy the weekend together but I saw a TON of this with hispanics and other minorities. When the hell did this become something we should ignore?

I remember seeing kids asking their moms for candy and the mom slapping their kids for asking. I remember all the stand up skits Katt Williams and Aries spears...my two favorite comedians would talk about as far as white people (I'm not even white) looking shocked when they see black kids getting hit.

I began listening to black people on podcasts saying they want change...that these kids growing up without fathers is the real issue and that the current statistics are 80% of African Americans grow up without a father.

My two best friends growing up are black...they have no fathers and one of them has a brother in jail for raping and nearly beating a waitress to death.

I understand the barbaric history in America with such hate crimes like Emmitt Till which were the norm in the 1950's. But at some point we have to recognize the best approach to progress is to stop focusing SOLELY on the police and start focusing on the culture that is having 2-4 kids without a father as the norm.

I have NO problem with criticizng police officers...but I cannot accept this lie by the left that this is a bigger issue when less than 250 people die per year at the hands of cops...with the current # being 16 unarmed black men a year and yet 6-7k die per year at the hands of gang violence.

I would even make the argument that the left is perpetuating the lack of progress at this point. There are MANY black conservatives that talk about this stuff.

I dunno man,...I want real progress and blaming cops isnt going to do anything.

They fabricated a police report and then testified in court. We know they lied because it's on tape. There has to be punishment for this, there is absolutely no way to justify it.
Just going by the video in the OP, lemme know if you see what I see. The cop points down to the ground immediately as the bodycam cop picks up the wallet, as if something has slipped out of it, then the cop points to the suspect to let the officer know it's the suspect's wallet. If the wallet was originally in the front left pocket, that's a consistent story.

Just going by the video in the OP, lemme know if you see what I see. The cop points down to the ground immediately as the bodycam cop picks up the wallet, as if something has slipped out of it, then the cop points to the suspect to let the officer know it's the suspect's wallet. If the wallet was originally in the front left pocket, that's a consistent story.

There was a wallet in the grass, and a bag of cocaine in the street.

On the video, we see an officer pick up the wallet. Then we see that officer pick up the cocaine. Then we see him start his camera, and seemingly pretend that he found the cocaine in the wallet, not realizing we have 30 seconds of footage already.

Why did he not start his camera from the beginning of the arrest? Why not start the camera when he saw the drugs on the ground? Why not state that he found the drugs on the ground in the police report? Why did he claim he found the drugs in the suspects front left pocket when he obviously found the drugs on the floor?

You cannot say, "Well, at some point those drugs were in the guys pocket," since we do not have any evidence of that, and the police do not either. They may suspect it, but they are lying to claim they found it there.

They have to say they found it on the ground, because that's where they found it. We have it on tape. If they saw it fall out of the suspects wallet, then they would have to put that in the police report, right before saying they picked the drugs up off the ground.

This is a police report. We can't say, "Meh, close enough."

I work as an emergency veterinarian...I have seen dogs that are small that have been shot or kicked by cops. I grew up in LA...I absolutely understand the need for us as a community to bring these things to light and I stand with all my fellow citizens in NOT wanting a police state.

Where I stand is that my views changed drastically from liberalism when I lived in the ghetto for 3 years for medical school. I saw a lot of gang on gang violence and it truly broke my heart. While I fully agree there are issues within the police force we are downplaying the issue that is black on black violence.

I read your whole post, appreciate the thought put into it. But I'm only going to quote the part relevant to our interaction (even though I'd like to explore the rest, it would be a big derailment of the thread). So you agree that these things should be brought to light, and that the police treat some citizens unfairly. But if someone else says that you laugh at it?

I happen to agree with what nac said to an extent. And it seems like you do, too. Which is why I'm a little lost at the laughing and small-violin gifs.

So basically "cops are gonna be cops *shrug*"? They should be held accountable.

On the video, we see an officer pick up the wallet. Then we see that officer pick up the cocaine. Then we see him start his camera, and seemingly pretend that he found the cocaine in the wallet, not realizing we have 30 seconds of footage already.

Why did he not start his camera from the beginning of the arrest? Why not start the camera when he saw the drugs on the ground? Why not state that he found the drugs on the ground in the police report? Why did he claim he found the drugs in the suspects front left pocket when he obviously found the drugs on the floor?

You cannot say, "Well, at some point those drugs were in the guys pocket," since we do not have any evidence of that, and the police do not either. They may suspect it, but they are lying to claim they found it there.

They have to say they found it on the ground, because that's where they found it. We have it on tape.
We don't know that the wallet/drugs weren't put on the ground after being pulled off the suspect- need more footage, and apparently there is a lot we haven't seen. Unless I've missed something, there's not enough public evidence to go either way.

Obligatory Chappelle "sprinkle some crack" skit

We don't know that the wallet/drugs weren't put on the ground after being pulled off the suspect- need more footage, and apparently there is a lot we haven't seen. Unless I've missed something, there's not enough public evidence to go either way.

I guess that is a possibility. But it seems like poor policing to pull a tiny bag of drugs out of a suspects front pocket and just throw it in the street for another police officer to find, then pretend like he found it in a wallet.

If that was the case, why not just place the bag of drugs on the roof of the car with the other contents of his pocket?

I read your whole post, appreciate the thought put into it. But I'm only going to quote the part relevant to our interaction (even though I'd like to explore the rest, it would be a big derailment of the thread). So you agree that these things should be brought to light, and that the police treat some citizens unfairly. But if someone else says that you laugh at it?

I happen to agree with what nac said to an extent. And it seems like you do, too. Which is why I'm a little lost at the laughing and small-violin gifs.

So basically "cops are gonna be cops *shrug*"? They should be held accountable.

I laugh at the ridiculously excessive focus on it. The quote that I looked at is Colin Kaepernick was right sentiment. Colin Kaepernick and morons like him focus solely on improving this country by putting police officers in their place.

They 100% completely ignore the reality of this situation and what TRUE progress is. Look at the asian community...they have a winning formula for success. They said fuck what people think we'll focus on education and family and they are now per capita the richest people in America.

I am and will continue to laugh at any one who puts excessive focus and virtue signals that black people are individually oppressed by police. This issue is a complicated one and its a kind gesture to harp the victim card. The reality is that when you fix the single father situation then this problem will go away.

This really comes down to 1 simple thing...girls dont want to date dudes with kids in any race outside of blacks. If you're Armenian and have kids no girl wants you. If you're black and 25 and have kids its ok and youre a viable candidate to fuck. This type of stuff is why 80% grow up without kids...but no its the police fault they have the highest rate of crime in the US.

I guess that is a possibility. But it seems like poor policing to pull a tiny bag of drugs out of a suspects front pocket and just throw it in the street for another police officer to find, then pretend like he found it in a wallet.

If that was the case, why not just place the bag of drugs on the roof of the car with the other contents of his pocket?
It does seem sloppy, and like I said the DA should just drop any drug charges, and I obviously support the internal investigation.

The reality is that when you fix the single father situation then this problem will go away.

I fail to understand how no-father households cause cops to plant drugs.

All the things you talk about can be problems; cops can also be the problem. And, like you said, it's kind of crazy to ignore a problem (or laugh at it) because you think there's another problem.

Well, you can't really make out a plastic bag in the 4 pixels from the video they say shows it being in the cops hand before it was picked up off the street.
They certainly lied about what happened in the report, and in their comments on the video they knew was being recorded.

Did the guy say it wasnt his?

Couldnt hear in the audio -- but usually they claim innocence, even when guilty.

They have to say they found it on the ground, because that's where they found it. We have it on tape. If they saw it fall out of the suspects wallet, then they would have to put that in the police report, right before saying they picked the drugs up off the ground.

This is a police report. We can't say, "Meh, close enough."

I agree. I don't think they framed an innocent man, but their report has to be spot on. Documentation is as important as an arrest.

All the things you talk about can be problems; cops can also be the problem. And, like you said, it's kind of crazy to ignore a problem (or laugh at it) because you think there's another problem.

Hear let me math it out for you:

1) If you were born without a father you are 20x more likely to commit crime

2) 80% of African Americans grow up with out a father...it has already been debated with black lives matter and they accept that this is STRICTLY an African american problem. No other culture has numbers like this

3) Approximately 3-6% of this country makes up of African American males that are under the age of 50 and they cause nearly 50% of the homicides in this country

4) 6-7 thousand blacks die per year due to gang violence

5) African Americans are outraged by the police injustice in this country when there is less than 16 individuals out of 330,000,000 Americans that die each year at the hands of police.

If you cant understand this then I dunno how to help you man

When I looked around the community for years I also saw a lot of poor hispanic people but I noticed something after living there for 3 years. The hispanics usually had families and I NEVER once saw a black father in 3 years in the ghetto.

Not once did I see a black family just go to a restaurant and enjoy the weekend together but I saw a TON of this with hispanics and other minorities. When the hell did this become something we should ignore?

I remember seeing kids asking their moms for candy and the mom slapping their kids for asking. I remember all the stand up skits Katt Williams and Aries spears...my two favorite comedians would talk about as far as white people (I'm not even white) looking shocked when they see black kids getting hit.

I began listening to black people on podcasts saying they want change...that these kids growing up without fathers is the real issue and that the current statistics are 80% of African Americans grow up without a father.

My two best friends growing up are black...they have no fathers and one of them has a brother in jail for raping and nearly beating a waitress to death.

I understand the barbaric history in America with such hate crimes like Emmitt Till which were the norm in the 1950's. But at some point we have to recognize the best approach to progress is to stop focusing SOLELY on the police and start focusing on the culture that is having 2-4 kids without a father as the norm.

I have NO problem with criticizng police officers...but I cannot accept this lie by the left that this is a bigger issue when less than 250 people die per year at the hands of cops...with the current # being 16 unarmed black men a year and yet 6-7k die per year at the hands of gang violence.

I would even make the argument that the left is perpetuating the lack of progress at this point. There are MANY black conservatives that talk about this stuff.

This has nothing to do with gang violence, start a thread and why do you feel the need to point out you had black friends once, lol. maybe leave that part out of the title.

Crooked cops need to be prosecuted/ end thread!

It's just putting emphasis on things. Police brutality/corruption is like The Avengers. Black fatherless children is like Tyler perry's Boo Halloween

Any corrupt cop should be hit with the full extent of the law.

But at some point the more impactful problems need to be addressed also

2) 80% of African Americans grow up with out a father...it has already been debated with black lives matter and they accept that this is STRICTLY an African american problem. No other culture has numbers like this

3) Approximately 3-6% of this country makes up of African American males that are under the age of 50 and they cause nearly 50% of the homicides in this country

5) African Americans are outraged by the police injustice in this country when there is less than 16 individuals out of 330,000,000 Americans that die each year at the hands of police.

I get the feeling you are ok with cops shooting black people and planting drugs and this is your justification?

I can understand all of that. It’s irrelevant to what Nac said.

Back