John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

I believe in the 1st amendment even for views I disagree with or even hate.

I see you believe anyone that doesn't share you views a Nazi.

Too bad you don't understand the 1st is what keeps the Nazis small and meaning nothing.

But when you want to deny them the 1st you actually give them a just cause to mix in with their dumb shit.

Too bad the left doesn't understand this.

We had a war last time the Nazis were allowed to exist. Pretty big one, some schools teach about it.

I agree with him. This isn’t a free speech issue. The government allowed them to protest and even provided police for their protest. That is all freedom of speech guarantees and then some. It doesn’t mean that assholes won’t get beaten by other people. It’s an assault issue, not a first amendment issue.

Lets be honest, you wont punch anyone.

And, fine-- but what you're suggesting overall is punching people who ave different ideologies and views than you do. Lots of americans are anti various ideologies, and what your hot button topic is "matters not"" to them. I cant punch a muslim who spouts off that i am inferior because i dont partake in their faith. I cant punch someone who calls a women who had an abortion scum.

Basically, America is first and foremost a nation that respects rule of law -- law stating you cant hit anyone because you dont like their views. So, how about you just disagree with them, dont invite them to your bday party and even protest their protests -- but everyone keeps their hands to themselves.

No one is saying they're immune to laws.

Just that shit happens. People getting punched is a pretty low priority issue, imo.

No one is saying they're immune to laws.

Just that shit happens. People getting punched is a pretty low priority issue, imo.

cool. anyone can get punched because they disagree with their views and it falls under the shit happens category and is low priority according to rational poster.

good to know.

Nazi ideology is scummy no matter which way you cut it -- but its super weird hearing people here talk about them like the US has always fought against them. Ignoring how many prominent american citizens and companies backed and sympathized with them.

cool. anyone can get punched because they disagree with their views and it falls under the shit happens category and is low priority according to rational poster.

good to know.

It's not cool, but people are going to punch people. It's part of being human.

And the police don't have the time or resource to give a fuck every time it happens.

And the police don't have the time or resource to give a fuck every time it happens.

So cant stop it -- take a flippant attitude towards it?

welcome to the conservative side, RP

So cant stop it -- take a flippant attitude towards it?

welcome to the conservative side, RP

How are you supposed to stop it? lol?

You act like people just started punching people for having opposing views.

How are you supposed to stop it? lol?

You act like people just started punching people for having opposing views.

Cant. Aside from enforcing the law when they can

but do not have to follow up with " i think its ok to punch so and so because i dont like their ideals''

Which is what i was initially responding to.

Cant. Aside from enforcing the law when they can

but do not have to follow up with " i think its ok to punch so and so because i dont like their ideals''

Which is what i was initially responding to.

I don't think it's ok, but if you go out in public roleplaying as an actual Nazi in America, there is a good chance someone is going to take offense and punch you.

Lets be honest, you wont punch anyone.
Jokes on you, I love punching people.

And, fine-- but what you're suggesting overall is punching people who ave different ideologies and views than you do.
Ideologies that espouse better-thans based on race, religion, or sexual orientation, yes. I'll punch an ISIS member espousing bullshit as fast as a Nazi.

Lots of americans are anti various ideologies, and what your hot button topic is "matters not"" to them. I cant punch a muslim who spouts off that i am inferior because i dont partake in their faith. I cant punch someone who calls a women who had an abortion scum.
You absolutely can punch him in the face. Abortion issue can't be equivocated so, null issue.

Basically, America is first and foremost a nation that respects rule of law -- law stating you cant hit anyone because you dont like their views. So, how about you just disagree with them, dont invite them to your bday party and even protest their protests -- but everyone keeps their hands to themselves.
Strawman. Punch a Nazi in the face. Not "anyone who disagrees with my ideology". This is done knowing that it's assault, and that it is not protected under the first amendment to do so. Nazis should be punched in the face.

I don't think it's ok, but if you go out in public roleplaying as an actual Nazi in America, there is a good chance someone is going to take offense and punch you.

ok, which is wrong. Thats my point -- dont need to look for justifications that make it outside the scope of law and thus, ok.

I want to punch people all the time for what they wear or say -- but i dont, because as a citizen i respect rule of law.

Jokes on you, I love punching people.

fake tough guy shtick -- boring

Ideologies that espouse better-thans based on race, religion, or sexual orientation, yes. I'll punch an ISIS member espousing bullshit as fast as a Nazi.

no, you wont.

You absolutely can punch him in the face. Abortion issue can't be equivocated so, null issue.

nope, i cant -- unless i want the charges that come with it

Strawman. Punch a Nazi in the face. Not "anyone who disagrees with my ideology". This is done knowing that it's assault, and that it is not protected under the first amendment to do so. Nazis should be punched in the face.

No strawman, Nazism is an ideology you disagree with and you advocating them being punched in the face for it -- which is against rule of law.

Now, if you're saying "punch a nazi and deal with the legal ramification" then fine. So long as you recognize rule of law supersedes your lust to hit people you dont agree with.

fake tough guy shtick -- boring
Sherbro unable to cope with the fact punching people in the face is fun. It's specifically why I train.... for punching people in the face.

no, you wont.
Yes I will. This argument is fruitful.

nope, i cant -- unless i want the charges that come with it
That sounds like a You problem, not a positional problem.

No strawman, Nazism is an ideology you disagree with and you advocating them being punched in the face for it -- which is against rule of law.
Yes, just like I advocate punching any other like ideology in the face on American soil.

Now, if you're saying "punch a nazi and deal with the legal ramification" then fine. So long as you recognize rule of law supersedes your lust to hit people you dont agree with.
But I have been.... you just didn't like it. Punch Nazis in the face.

There is no just like here, whoever you put on the other end of the equation with Nazis, the Nazis will always be the bigger assholes.
does not mean that unprovoked violence is ok. you are better than that.
The alt right excusing the Nazis only proves that they are utter shitballs

Sherbro unable to cope with the fact punching people in the face is fun. It's specifically why I train.... for punching people in the face.

Yeah, fake tough sherbro talking about punching people in the face in the street is just a phony talking tough. Go ahead, punch a nazi, record it and show us.
Go "be about it"

Yes I will. This argument is fruitful.

Nope -- you wont. fruitful and fun

That sounds like a You problem, not a positional problem.

Nope. Just not a phony forum poster talking about how i will punch people when i wont -- only difference Im not pretending i will do something...unlike you.

Yes, just like I advocate punching any other like ideology in the face on American soil.

Yeah, but that just encourages others to punch people they dont agree with -- just because its not your hot button topic, doesnt mean its not theirs, and vice versa

But I have been.... you just didn't like it. Punch Nazis in the face.

No, you said it should be a tax for being a nazi -- not ï will punch them and deal with the charges"

Because you wont punch them -- you're just talking tall tales.

We had a war last time the Nazis were allowed to exist. Pretty big one, some schools teach about it.
And a long, cold one with the hammer and sickle - the flag under which antifa operates. Neither group should enjoy public support.

The problem is the term is used to describe almost anyone who disagrees with a liberal nowadays. I was called a "sympathizer" because I don't condone violence against anyone based on their political beliefs.

That's great on an individual basis. I think the problem here is when it's a huge group cause that CAN become a riot and then more people, some of which aren't even involved get sucked into it and become victims.

And if you can't find any nazis, just punch someone anyway and call them a nazi after. Sort of the opposite of the old "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with".

I can always find Nazis

420 punch Nazis everyday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back