Duterte's War on Drugs

13503221.jpg

You got any source on this? Because afaik, Drug pushers & dealers are getting executed by their higher ups to remove potential witnesses....and drug pushers & dealers use drugs as well. Media in the philippines are ran by different parties and depending on which way the media is leaning on...they can easily put a swing on the news....and tone down drug dealers as merely users...to make Duterte look bad.

I watched a few news programs where this claim is made. But as others have pointed out earlier this may not be true at all and may just be a smokescreen to hide a much dirtier agenda, part of which you pointed out as well.

But as far as the possibility of a drug and alcohol problem being brought under control have a look at what I said to Cid about why Saudi Arabia isn't suffering from innumerable drug and alcohol related deaths as we are here in the states.

Trudeau will not be doing anything for the Philippines. His marketing people will stage a few photo-ops, he will take some selfies, make a few empty speeches about human rights and feminism, come back to Canada for a few days (he is hardly in the country) and then travel to another country to pull more public relations stunts in his pathetic attempts to gain a cushy job with the United Nations.

Trudeau will not be doing anything for the Philippines. His marketing people will stage a few photo-ops, he will take some selfies, make a few empty speeches about human rights and feminism, come back to Canada for a few days (he is hardly in the country) and then travel to another country to pull more public relations stunts in his pathetic attempts to gain a cushy job with the United Nations.

The Filipino public loves him, and he will be great asset and partner of the Duterte administration ensuring that human rights are not violated and that other nations take care of the environment, it really good that he oppened up the idea issue of climate change we the Filipinos are severely affected by rising sea waters like other island nations thank goodness we have leaders like Sir Justine Trudeau who chose to give criticism to the Duterte administration instead of just being a yes man. I am sure President Duterte will take note and be a better leader after hearing Mr. Trudeau's opinion.

01.jpg

16178440_773059216182503_8614655292355932744_o.jpg

The Filipino public loves him, and he will be great asset and partner of the Duterte administration ensuring that human rights are not violated and that other nations take care of the environment, it really good that he oppened up the idea issue of climate change we the Filipinos are severely affected by rising sea waters like other island nations thank goodness we have leaders like Sir Justine Trudeau who chose to give criticism to the Duterte administration instead of just being a yes man. I am sure President Duterte will take note and be a better leader after hearing Mr. Trudeau's opinion.

01.jpg

16178440_773059216182503_8614655292355932744_o.jpg

<[analyzed}>

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

"id sleep him in under 4 seconds! "

"i land anywhere on the dome!"

I watched a few news programs where this claim is made. But as others have pointed out earlier this may not be true at all and may just be a smokescreen to hide a much dirtier agenda, part of which you pointed out as well.

But as far as the possibility of a drug and alcohol problem being brought under control have a look at what I said to Cid about why Saudi Arabia isn't suffering from innumerable drug and alcohol related deaths as we are here in the states.
I have no doubt about the drug problems in the Philippines. I've seen it first hand....(shabu a.k.a. meth) and as far as my experience is concern...meth in the philippines is the most disgusting take of drugs there is.

This may be TLDR to other people but here it is.
1 of my college friends was taking Medical Tech course and was pressured in finishing it...Taking meth helped him out (according to him) this was circa 1995. I got invited to a party with meth on the table among his friends and this was a first time for me. so meth on the table, homemade straw made of aluminum foil etc. and we were all suppose to share that one straw! I'm down for some weed but not this....

2nd time I tagged along. He was in this session (i'm not included) where you have to pay to a pool of 5 people you don't know just to take some meth it's cheaper but you're among strangers in a shack or a hut of some sort...and watching the people who went in that shack for the session....skin & bones, toothless...and i'm outside in my school uniform waiting outside....it's just something I guess I can't my mind into...

I'm not sure how it is now as this was basically 20 years ago. And I've never been to the Philippines for 14 years now.

I would take drug use over my government executing citizens without trial.
This X1,000.

We should also be honest about drugs. The reason people do them is they feel amazing (I don't use myself) and we see drug abuse around the globe and of all income levels (I know lower income is more likely to use). It's a human problem and people who use are not inherent scum. It's just how our brains work and some people take the risks.

Solutions could be funding towards rehabilitation centers, provide medications that get people off drugs, professional therapy, etc.. But that country is highly corrupt and it's not shocker that execution is the preferred method of stopping drug use.

Banning sex tourism and restoring dignity should be on his next list.

I have no doubt about the drug problems in the Philippines. I've seen it first hand....(shabu a.k.a. meth) and as far as my experience is concern...meth in the philippines is the most disgusting take of drugs there is.

This may be TLDR to other people but here it is.
1 of my college friends was taking Medical Tech course and was pressured in finishing it...Taking meth helped him out (according to him) this was circa 1995. I got invited to a party with meth on the table among his friends and this was a first time for me. so meth on the table, homemade straw made of aluminum foil etc. and we were all suppose to share that one straw! I'm down for some weed but not this....

2nd time I tagged along. He was in this session (i'm not included) where you have to pay to a pool of 5 people you don't know just to take some meth it's cheaper but you're among strangers in a shack or a hut of some sort...and watching the people who went in that shack for the session....skin & bones, toothless...and i'm outside in my school uniform waiting outside....it's just something I guess I can't my mind into...

I'm not sure how it is now as this was basically 20 years ago. And I've never been to the Philippines for 14 years now.

Thanks for sharing this. After reading this I think it would be good to take this time to make it clear that while I do think the drug problem in the U.S. is a nuisance that should not mean that I'm judging all drug addicts. Some of them may have started out under a lot of pressure while pursuing a productive goal, like your college friend taking the Medical Tech course. One of my absolute favorite all time mma fighters from the PRIDE FC days is Mark Kerr and I'm aware of the drug addictions he had developed to help him cope with the physical and mental discomforts he experienced as an mma fighter.

So while I am not trying to judge each and every drug addict I do feel disgust for the existence of heroin and meth because the extent of the social damage that they cause. Weed is cool though. If it were up to me I would legalize Mary Jane.

Thanks for sharing this. After reading this I think it would be good to take this time to make it clear that while I do think the drug problem in the U.S. is a nuisance that should not mean that I'm judging all drug addicts. Some of them may have started out under a lot of pressure while pursuing a productive goal, like your college friend taking the Medical Tech course. One of my absolute favorite all time mma fighters from the PRIDE FC days is Mark Kerr and I'm aware of the drug addictions he had developed to help him cope with the physical and mental discomforts he experienced as an mma fighter.

So while I am not trying to judge each and every drug addict I do feel disgust for the existence of heroin and meth because the extent of the social damage that they cause. Weed is cool though. If it were up to me I would legalize Mary Jane.

Meth yes - but if heroin were legal, addicts would be simply nodding off all the time. The only time you see heroin addicts committing crimes is because the drug is illegal. When they are actually on the drug, they are harmless. When they are off it, they are too physically ill to do anything besides procure more. Remove the black market, and stabilize the purity issues of said black market, and you will do better to actually combating the problem.

Heroin has been administered in clinics in many European countries and shown to reduce crime and street drug use.

Also, I noticed in a reply to someone else you mentioned a comparison between alcohol wd and heroin od deaths. These are two wildly different things. Not many people die of alcohol wd's because it's cheap and legal to get. You go into wd's, and you simply walk down to the corner store to put an end to it, or swig some mouthwash. The illegality of heroin makes purity issues a real problem because nothing is standardized. You've also created an endless cycle where someone gets arrested trying to procure heroin, thrown in jail, obtaining a record, unable to get work afterwards because of said felony record/fines, and must now resort to crime to support themselves, much less a habit.

Prohibition is good for some people though. Just ask the Kennedy's.

Meth yes - but if heroin were legal, addicts would be simply nodding off all the time.

Yes. And sometimes behind the wheel as I tried to get Cid to understand.

The only time you see heroin addicts committing crimes is because the drug is illegal.

Also, I noticed in a reply to someone else you mentioned a comparison between alcohol wd and heroin od deaths. These are two wildly different things. Not many people die of alcohol wd's because it's cheap and legal to get. You go into wd's, and you simply walk down to the corner store to put an end to it, or swig some mouthwash.

First, you are correct that they are two different things. But it was Cid who brought up alcohol wd deaths into the conversation, not me. And I have no idea why he brought that up. But I merely responded to what he had to say on that particular issue.

Secondly, my point is once again confirmed that alcoholics do not commit violent just to get a bottle of liquor. As you said there are things that an alcoholic can do to help curb the itching for a sip. This is not the same for the meth, heroin or crack cocaine addict. I know this for a fact. If they need their fix then they need their fix. There's no two ways about that. Those guys will rob, steal and sometimes kill to come up with the money they need for their get high. This is another point I tried to make to Cid which I believe was still missed.

The illegality of heroin makes purity issues a real problem because nothing is standardized. You've also created an endless cycle where someone gets arrested trying to procure heroin, thrown in jail, obtaining a record, unable to get work afterwards because of said felony record/fines, and must now resort to crime to support themselves, much less a habit.

Sad but true. Actually this goes for just about all felons even those who never had anything to do with illegal substances. Overall I find myself in agreement with what you said in your post. I merely hope that my explanations as to why things are as they are aren't missed.

Prohibition is good for some people though. Just ask the Kennedy's.

Yep, I know what you mean.

Yes. And sometimes behind the wheel as I tried to get Cid to understand.

First, you are correct that they are two different things. But it was Cid who brought up alcohol wd deaths into the conversation, not me. And I have no idea why he brought that up. But I merely responded to what he had to say on that particular issue.

Secondly, my point is once again confirmed that alcoholics do not commit violent just to get a bottle of liquor. As you said there are things that an alcoholic can do to help curb the itching for a sip. This is not the same for the meth, heroin or crack cocaine addict. I know this for a fact. If they need their fix then they need their fix. There's no two ways about that. Those guys will rob, steal and sometimes kill to come up with the money they need for their get high. This is another point I tried to make to Cid which I believe was still missed.

Sad but true. Actually this goes for just about all felons even those who never had anything to do with illegal substances. Overall I find myself in agreement with what you said in your post. I merely hope that my explanations as to why things are as they are aren't missed.

Yep, I know what you mean.

I think we are in general agreement here.

I will point out that heroin addicts typically don't drive while shooting up, that would be almost impossible, as you nod off almost immediately upon administration, not to mention it would be very difficult to hit a vein while driving. As stated, you aren't driving after the needle hits the vein.

The point about people robbing and stealing to get a fix is widely tied into the fact that those drugs are illegal. Will some people still do it? Sure. Just like you used to see homeless alcoholics palming liquor bottles at the grocery store (now hard liquor is all in locked cabinets/behind the counter for this exact reason). But I believe crime would be significantly reduced if illegal drugs were made legal. See Portugal, the Netherlands, even Britain, who have programs that administer heroin to junkies and have shown a reduction in crime in these populations.

I would say correcting drug abuse should be approached more as a medical issue, rather than a criminal one, if any progress is to be made.

I think we are in general agreement here.

I will point out that heroin addicts typically don't drive while shooting up, that would be almost impossible, as you nod off almost immediately upon administration, not to mention it would be very difficult to hit a vein while driving. As stated, you aren't driving after the needle hits the vein.

The point about people robbing and stealing to get a fix is widely tied into the fact that those drugs are illegal. Will some people still do it? Sure. Just like you used to see homeless alcoholics palming liquor bottles at the grocery store (now hard liquor is all in locked cabinets/behind the counter for this exact reason). But I believe crime would be significantly reduced if illegal drugs were made legal. See Portugal, the Netherlands, even Britain, who have programs that administer heroin to junkies and have shown a reduction in crime in these populations.

I would say correcting drug abuse should be approached more as a medical issue, rather than a criminal one, if any progress is to be made.

Two incidents happened to me that I want to share with you all here. One incident I was a teenager; like 15 or 16. The other incident was when I was around 21 or 22 years of age.

The first incident I came dangerously close to smoking something that had crack cocaine in it. A guy who was known as Fast Eddy was the one who taught me about the drug game. He was the first guy to give me "work" and he showed me how to cook it and bag it up. This was when crack was still fairly new and competition was fierce.

One night while a shitload of us lowly street scum were in Eddy's girlfriends house cuttin' 8 Balls and cooking up I realized that Eddy, a few other older dudes (Eddy was much older than me, he was a bad influence) and a dude I went to school with named Jabar were all passing a fat split among themselves and kept skipping over me. I told those dudes that they were fucked up for smoking in front of me and acting like I'm not even here. So Jabar passed it to me and said "Here you go". Just as I was about to put my lips on it to puff Fast Eddy stopped me and told me that it had crack in it. I IMMEDIATELY gave it back to Jabar and I shot him one of those "I oughtta smack the shit out you" looks because he was going to let me smoke that shit. It had weed in it but it was laced with crack. Back then they called weed laced with crack Slop Bobs.

I was like a son to Eddy. He took me under his wing and he wasn't about to let me smoke that mess. I remember one day he told if I'm going to make my money then make my money but he better not ever see me or hear about me smoking crack. He was always looking out for me. By the way, Jabar was the same age as me; between 15 and 17 and this fool was smoking crack like a stupid little asshole.

The second incident was when I thought I was going to have to beat the shit outta of this dude named Mousy. I never knew his real name. But Mousey was another youngster who was foolish enough to get himself hooked on that crack shit. He was a small time hustler in the hood and at times he would have some fire ass weed. In our hood we did this thing called "matching". Matching is when you buy a bag of weed off of someone and they will smoke the same size big with you on them. So if you bought a $25 bag from him he would also smoke another $25 bag with you on his tab. It was a way that some people would get sales.

I remember copping like a twenty or twenty five dollar bag from him and he was matching me and we were rolling some Phillies together. I rolled like 3 or 4 phat blunts in no time flat and he was still fiddling around with his rolling job and he kept turning his back to me, trying to distract me with senseless conversation and just acting real nervous and suspect like. I told him it's taking him a long ass time just to roll a couple of Phillies. He kept trying to hide his hands from me as he rolled up and taking his good 'ole time until I finally came out and told him if he tries to slip ANYTHING in any of those blunts he's rolling or if it smelled like a lacer once I fire it up then he and I would have problems. It took for me to issue those words for him to stop fucking around and get those things rolled up.

Where would I be now if I hadn't let him know that he was playing fire fucking with me? Where would I be today if I took my eyes off of him or never felt uneasy about his movements? What would have happened if Eddy didn't have the love for me that he had and never warned me that slop bob was laced with crack?

If anyone is curious or simply don't know crackheads are known for slipping some shit into a blunt or joint or spliff to get people hooked unknowingly and possibly have a "get high or die" buddy to ride out their crackhead lives with. That's how many, many crackheads BECAME crackheads and I would imagine it's the same for a lot of other drug addicts. It's sad and very, very unfortunate. I take a pretty strong stance against the destruction that these drugs do but I don't judge them all because I know that there were two occasions when I came dangerously close to being sucked into a world I may still be suffering in today.

Two incidents happened to me that I want to share with you all here. One incident I was a teenager; like 15 or 16. The other incident was when I was around 21 or 22 years of age.

The first incident I came dangerously close to smoking something that had crack cocaine in it. A guy who was known as Fast Eddy was the one who taught me about the drug game. He was the first guy to give me "work" and he showed me how to cook it and bag it up. This was when crack was still fairly new and competition was fierce.

One night while a shitload of us lowly street scum were in Eddy's girlfriends house cuttin' 8 Balls and cooking up I realized that Eddy, a few other older dudes (Eddy was much older than me, he was a bad influence) and a dude I went to school with named Jabar were all passing a fat split among themselves and kept skipping over me. I told those dudes that they were fucked up for smoking in front of me and acting like I'm not even here. So Jabar passed it to me and said "Here you go". Just as I was about to put my lips on it to puff Fast Eddy stopped me and told me that it had crack in it. I IMMEDIATELY gave it back to Jabar and I shot him one of those "I oughtta smack the shit out you" looks because he was going to let me smoke that shit. It had weed in it but it was laced with crack. Back then they called weed laced with crack Slop Bobs.

I was like a son to Eddy. He took me under his wing and he wasn't about to let me smoke that mess. I remember one day he told if I'm going to make my money then make my money but he better not ever see me or hear about me smoking crack. He was always looking out for me. By the way, Jabar was the same age as me; between 15 and 17 and this fool was smoking crack like a stupid little asshole.

The second incident was when I thought I was going to have to beat the shit outta of this dude named Mousy. I never knew his real name. But Mousey was another youngster who was foolish enough to get himself hooked on that crack shit. He was a small time hustler in the hood and at times he would have some fire ass weed. In our hood we did this thing called "matching". Matching is when you buy a bag of weed off of someone and they will smoke the same size big with you on them. So if you bought a $25 bag from him he would also smoke another $25 bag with you on his tab. It was a way that some people would get sales.

I remember copping like a twenty or twenty five dollar bag from him and he was matching me and we were rolling some Phillies together. I rolled like 3 or 4 phat blunts in no time flat and he was still fiddling around with his rolling job and he kept turning his back to me, trying to distract me with senseless conversation and just acting real nervous and suspect like. I told him it's taking him a long ass time just to roll a couple of Phillies. He kept trying to hide his hands from me as he rolled up and taking his good 'ole time until I finally came out and told him if he tries to slip ANYTHING in any of those blunts he's rolling or if it smelled like a lacer once I fire it up then he and I would have problems. It took for me to issue those words for him to stop fucking around and get those things rolled up.

Where would I be now if I hadn't let him know that he was playing fire fucking with me? Where would I be today if I took my eyes off of him or never felt uneasy about his movements? What would have happened if Eddy didn't have the love for me that he had and never warned me that slop bob was laced with crack?

If anyone is curious or simply don't know crackheads are known for slipping some shit into a blunt or joint or spliff to get people hooked unknowingly and possibly have a "get high or die" buddy to ride out their crackhead lives with. That's how many, many crackheads BECAME crackheads and I would imagine it's the same for a lot of other drug addicts. It's sad and very, very unfortunate. I take a pretty strong stance against the destruction that these drugs do but I don't judge them all because I know that there were two occasions when I came dangerously close to being sucked into a world I may still be suffering in today.

Your whole anecdote is about crack, when I thought we were talking about heroin. It also revolves around, and is grounded in, it's illegality. Remove that, and most parts of your story never happen.

I'll be honest, and no disrespect, but your story sounds kind of forced, fake even. Mousey? Fast Eddy? Jabar? You, the hero, intimidating everyone and kicking ass, but getting out clean? It sounds like a scene from a B-movie.

Your whole anecdote is about crack, when I thought we were talking about heroin. It also revolves around, and is grounded in, it's illegality. Remove that, and most parts of your story never happen.

The point I was trying to make is that sometimes people step into zones in the drug world with blinders on and totally unprepared for the life they will likely live once they become hooked on something other than weed, REGARDLESS if that drug is legal or not. Some of you guys keep bringing up the fact that heroin, meth and crack cocaine is illegal and is the reason why people rob, steal and kill to get the money they need to fund their addictions. THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE!!! Addicts rob, steal and kill because the addiction to heroin, crack, meth, fentanyl, K-2 and most of those other hard drugs is much, much, MUCH stronger than addiction to cigarettes, alcohol and marijuana. I keep saying this and y'all keep overlooking this; there is a reason that alcoholics and nicotine fiends aren't robbing gas stations, sticking people up at the ATM or pulling home invasions to scrounge up something to pay for a bottle of E&J or a pack of smokes. That reason is because the PULL of that addiction just doesn't compare to the pull that those hard drugs have on people. This is the bottom line and it's as simple as that. You or no one else here can honestly deny this. I don't care if heroin is legal or illegal. The addiction to it is strong enough to make people get crazy to come up with a way to get their fix. The worst I've ever seen an alcoholic or nicotine fiend do is go around and bumming off of people until they can hustle up enough chump change to get something to tide them over.

I'll be honest, and no disrespect, but your story sounds kind of forced, fake even. Mousey? Fast Eddy? Jabar? You, the hero, intimidating everyone and kicking ass, but getting out clean? It sounds like a scene from a B-movie.

That's great, now let me ask you, WHAT DO I POSSIBLY HAVE TO GAIN TO MAKE UP AND SHARE SUCH A "FAKE" STORY? By painting myself as the "intimidating hero, kicking everyone's ass and getting out clean" (as you put it) will everyone here start giving me money? Will I become the owner of Sherdog? Will everyone here start paying my bills for me? Or maybe I will stop getting bills entirely? Will a million dollars magically show up in my bank account? Will people here let me bang their women? Or maybe I'll become president of the U.S.? What do I have to gain? Please tell me. And if you want to say I have "Sherdog Rep" to gain my question remains; FOR WHAT? What does it benefit me to try to impress a bunch of faceless strangers on the net that I do not personally know and am not friends with?

And to address your whole "intimidating everyone" idea, Jabar and Mousey were both quite low on the hierarchy. Small in stature and basically bummy. And allowing themselves to get hooked on crack (and who knows what else) sure didn't help them. I never threatened Jabar that night or said anything to him. Mousey was just getting on my nerves because he was acting weird. But I handled them the way I did because I knew that I could. Like them I too knew my place in the hierarchy. No, I did not sit at the top of the food chain but I occupied a slightly higher place than them. They knew their place with me and stayed in their lane just like I knew my place towards others and stayed in my lane. Plain and simple.

I take no offense to what you said and I hope that you do not take offense to what I am about to say. But no one here on sherdog (including you my friend) is worth me trying to impress. Especially when there is nothing to gain (nothing that I would want anyway) by doing so. I'll leave it at that and leave it up to you to continue fantasizing that I am interjecting myself in a Hood Movie. :cool:

LOL, you're being emotional and silly. I AGREED with you about the number of alcohol related deaths in America but I also pointed out that DUI deaths were included in those statistics and that none of them stem from an alcoholic robbing or killing someone to get money for a bottle of liquor. Some of those DUI deaths ALSO INCLUDE drivers under the influence of an illegal substance. Do you deny this and can you prove it if you do deny this? Either prove otherwise or quit your bitchin'. Remove drivers under the influence of something other than alcohol and see how many DUI deaths you have. I'm sure that the vast majority of those deaths will be alcohol related but the fact remains that the numbers do change of you take out the other DUI perpetrators.

Who's upset? All I did was point out that all your evidence so far has been anecdotal and that if anyone should be bringing up facts it should be you. That's what happens when all you supply is anecdotal evidence. As much as anything I just wanted to see if you were capable of anything else.

DUI's weren't even the subject. If you go back the subject was alcohols involvement in violent crime. This was a little deferment by yourself. OK I completely concede yes drugs are involved in DUI's. It's not really a point either of us were raising.

You talk about alcoholics not breaking in to houses to steal alcohol but ignore our point about alcohol turning a % of normal people into violent dickheads.

Actually IIRC you said it should be illegal...

May I suggest you do the same? Drug overdose deaths in America reached 59,000 and may have slightly exceeded that number. And this is just overdoses alone. How much bigger are the drug deaths if we factor in the murders committed by users and dealers alike while participating in this drug world? What the hell are you talking about?

Around 3 million people die globally each year from alcohol consumption.

Around 250,000-400,000 die from illegal drug use depending on what source you want to use.

In America over half of your overdoses are related to your opioid epidemic. Around 1/3 are legal drugs.

Illegal drugs isn't the issue when it comes to overdoses in America, your doctors handing out legal addictive drugs like candy is.

It's interesting you touch on drug dealer violence. It's certainly an issue. Mexico has averaged probably a bit over 10k murdered each year for over a decade.

Can you name another infinite resource where people kill each other in that kind of number? I know we kill each other for finite resources, diamonds, oil etc. Not infinite ones like drugs.

Unless we make them illegal and create a multi billion dollar black market. Like we did with drugs.

Read my posts again. I said that PORTUGAL'S METHOD is essentially placation. I did not say that ANY ALTERNATIVE action is placation. Portugal's approach is only ONE alternative and I aired my views on that approach. You cannot point when or where I ever said that ANY alternative approach is placation. If you're going to try to quote me please do so accurately and if you're going to read my posts please read them carefully so you will know what you are talking about.

If you think that's placation...

Legalisation is another alternative.

The better alternative.

People don't really understand how many drugs there are. When I said I could list hundreds safer than alcohol I wasn't kidding.

Ever heard of Alexander Shulgin? He's known as the godfather of psychedelics. Basically he synthesized a whole bunch of different drugs just from the phenethylamine family in the 70's.

Here's a book he wrote that lists 179 of them.
https://erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml

That's one drug family. It's not even a complete list of the drugs within that family.

Here's some designer drugs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designer_drugs

Note that if you click on any of the see also: list of example that the link will take you to a new list of drugs. Basically there's hundreds upon hundreds of psychoactive substances.

You really think our legislation on all these drugs is made on how much harm they do? Or is it possible that we made a decision back in the 1930's when tobacco was good for you that all drugs not from our culture are bad?

Here's a crazy idea. Do trials on hundreds of these drugs, and legalize a whole bunch of the ones you're extremely unlikely to overdose on or become addicted to along with the main stream illegal drugs and implement a pricing system based on harm.

Crazy idea huh? Cheap safe drugs, dangerous drugs are available but more expensive.

It'll crush the illegal black market because who wants to buy coke that's cut with who knows what from johnny the junkie? Fucker is going to shoot me one day. That dumb shit can't compete with mass uninterrupted production, still has johnny law to deal with, no customers and overpriced product.

With the illegal drug market no longer being a viable career option government can control the entire drug market. Especially if they do it without going the capitalism route.

This allows pooling of data and the ability to implement policies that can not only be accurately measured but also impact incredibly high percentages of the people we're actually trying to reach. I'm thinking in excess of 99% of all people will go the legal route.

This is amazing control. Once you have this you can try countless strategies.

You could implement a licensing system for hard drugs. Sure you can take heroin, crack but you need to see this drug councilor for a one hour session before you can get a license.

With apathy today and 50 other safe legal drugs available on the market who's bothering with this slight inconvenience other than addicts?

Do YOU want to make a dent in hard drug addiction or go into emotional tirades on internet forums as if your life depended on winning or losing an internet debate?

Geez you get offended easy.

Maybe. Maybe not. I started this thread by asking a couple of questions. What can work that hasn't been tried yet? Is there a better way to clean up a society of drug addiction other than what Duterte claims is being done in the Philippines under his administration? We won't know for sure if something can completely remove a drug problem until human beings have tried everything they can possibly think of and put into action.

I didn't really reply to the op.

You seem to be emotionally triggered for whatever reason. As far as the remainder of the above quote you can kindly read my post directly above it.

Yawn.

And it has been pointed out already that IF these so called executions really are taking place in the Philippines it may not have anything to do at all with the drug problem but just a smokescreen that Duterte is using to crackdown on the population and get rid of people who aren't pro Duterte. I know that is very, very, very possible in the dirty world of politics. And if this is the case I will be the first to say it won't work because that's not the true purpose of the agenda.

Why not both? They're killing drug dealers and users there. It's not so much police being sent to kill people but unpoliced community justice to solve it. He's probably too busy fighting ISIS to be cleaning house at the same time.

Stop being emotional on the internet and read my following words very carefully for once....

I know that it is impossible for this world to be completely 100% drug free. There are people who manage to somehow involve themselves in drugs and alcohol in Saudi Arabia. However, there are extremely harsh penalties involved if they get caught. Those harsh penalties is why the overall drug and alcohol scene in Saudi Arabia don't even come close to what we have here in the U.S. There's a reason they don't have massive DUI deaths there as we do here. In fact, since you claim to be such good friends with Mr. Google how about you look up the DUI laws in Saudi Arabia. After you do that look up their death by DUI statistics.

Here, I'll give you a head start. This website ranks every country of the world according to cause of death. Have a look at where America ranks compared to KSA in both alcohol and drug related deaths (by using the menu bar in the upper right) and try to be unemotional enough to ponder on why they each rank the way that they do.

SA has harshly dealt with drug use of course they will make the numbers look differently than America do you think even for a second that those numbers REALLY reflect the total number of drug deaths that take place here? Every country fudges their numbers to look better to the rest of the world.

Final word: If you can't discuss things with people without getting bent out of shape (and out of nowhere on top of it) then perhaps you should find something less triggering to do in your spare time. Friendly advice.

Says the guy venting his frustrations with me to anyone that'll listen :p

Back