An LAPD officer accidentally filmed himself putting cocaine in a suspect’s wallet

This has nothing to do with gang violence, start a thread and why do you feel the need to point out you had black friends once, lol. maybe leave that part out of the title.

Crooked cops need to be prosecuted/ end thread!

He was pointing out his 2 friends did not have fathers.

My 4 best black friends were fatherless

It's just putting emphasis on things. Police brutality/corruption is like The Avengers. Black fatherless children is like Tyler perry's Boo Halloween

Any corrupt cop should be hit with the full extent of the law.

But at some point the more impactful problems need to be addressed also

Seems irrelevant in a thread about cops planting drugs on someone.

Seems irrelevant in a thread about cops planting drugs on someone.

Just adding that there is a huge problem

Of course any corrupt cop should be prosecuted.

That includes falsifying a report

This really does happen.. To people of all races.

I get the feeling you are ok with cops shooting black people and planting drugs and this is your justification?

I don't think that's the case.

There is a trend where people want to derail every conversation by saying, "But what about..."

It's like saying, " I don't want to talk about this topic, let's talk about this other unrelated one that I want to talk about instead!"

That guy you're quoting clearly does not want to talk about police corruption at all so he is trying to deflect onto fatherless black people, for some reason. I don't think it necessarily means that he supports police corruption, just that he doesn't like the conversation occurring.

I don't think that's the case.

There is a trend where people want to derail every conversation by saying, "But what about..."

It's like saying, " I don't want to talk about this topic, let's talk about this other unrelated one that I want to talk about instead!"

That guy you're quoting clearly does not want to talk about police corruption at all so he is trying to deflect onto fatherless black people, for some reason. I don't think it necessarily means that he supports police corruption, just that he doesn't like the conversation occurring.

Happens every thread. Both sides do it. Go look at any thread.

That was the wrong thing to do. That officer should not have planted drugs on that man.

Just adding that there is a huge problem

Of course any corrupt cop should be prosecuted.

That includes falsifying a report

I agree there are other forces at play. But things like gang-violence have been well known to the general public. The point of recent protests is to bring it to shed light on an issue they feel has been ignored for a long time. And as long as people keep ignoring, or otherwise dismissing, the police problem they're going to continue to bring it up.

He was pointing out his 2 friends did not have fathers.

My 4 best black friends were fatherless
My brother in law and my best friend both have father's they are both black as well.
They are both cops to btw, blue lives matter.
They also understand that crooked police exponentially hurt police and civilian relations and are all for harsher punishments.
So what's your point?

Not sure anyone has defended corrupt cops. Idk, maybe some have.

But pointing out that this gets so much press and attention while larger problems do not in no way means 1 is saying it's cool to kill people.

But hey, it's easy to attack & insult people who do not hold your exact view

Not sure anyone has defended corrupt cops. Idk, maybe some have.

But pointing out that this gets so much press and attention while larger problems do not in no way means 1 is saying it's cool to kill people.

But hey, it's easy to attack & insult people who do not hold your exact view
lol says the partisan postsr

I agree there are other forces at play. But things like gang-violence have been well known to the general public. The point of recent protests is to bring it to shed light on an issue they feel has been ignored for a long time. And as long as people keep ignoring, or otherwise dismissing, the police problem they're going to continue to bring it up.

And black children with no fathers is ignored even more.

If anything. Police corruption is in the spotlight more than ever. Not ignored at all.

I do agree a swift message must be sent that police corruption will NOT be tolerated.

But hey. We are learning anyone in power can be corrupt.

One thing I've wondered lately. Why does the media and a lot of the public distrust the police departments but completely trust the FBI, CIA, NSA?

Sad fact is we have given all of our LE & Intelligence agencies WAY to much power. And with too much power comes not having to answer for your actions

The thing is, this is a situation that really is not Partisan at all.

Fawlty is definitely further to the left than me, and he sees less of an issue with what occurred than I do. He justified his position well, in semi-defense of the police officers. He didn't need to deflect or call me names or anything ridiculous. He actually swayed my opinion slightly.

Regardless of what anybody's political views are, they should be able to comment on a specific incident like this with a level of integrity.

lol says the partisan postsr

Lol. I'm for completely legalizitaion of all drugs and for emptying out our prisons of all drug offenders.

The War on Drugs has been very destructive to the Black community

Nice try though

The thing is, this is a situation that really is not Partisan at all.

Fawlty is definitely further to the left than me, and he sees less of an issue with what occurred than I do. He justified his position well, in semi-defense of the police officers. He didn't need to deflect or call me names or anything ridiculous. He actually swayed my opinion slightly.

Regardless of what anybody is politics are, they should be able to comment on a specific incident like this with a level of integrity.

I've really yet to see you called names by anyone.

Meanwhile he was accused of wanting black people killed. NAC, you just don't see how nasty 1 side is

I've really yet to see you called names by anyone.

Meanwhile he was accused of wanting black people killed. NAC, you just don't see how nasty 1 side is

But I defended him against that accusation.

Back