An LAPD officer accidentally filmed himself putting cocaine in a suspect’s wallet

This is a strange, random, unfounded attack with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. From here on out, I'll respond only to posts that are true or on-topic.

But you didn't say anything about him accusing him of it? Why not?

If a right leaning poster accused a left leaning poster of supporting the killing of Black people I know you would call it out

I'm totally cool with you ignoring me completely. In fact put me on ignore and I will not comment on anything you post

He should turn in all the crooked cops he knows
I believe he does and his point is that many times they get lesser or dropped charges.
The culture is that the DAs "look out" for the "good guys"

I believe he does and his point is that many times they get lesser or dropped charges.
The culture is that the DAs "look out" for the "good guys"

Can agree there. I'm sure DAs last choice is to prosecute a cop.

Like I said. Too much power corrupts. We have given our agencies too much power. Police, Feds, CIA, NSA

The obvious speculation is drugs allow for an asset seizure and the other two charges don't?

Isn't the real problem though that they told a story that seems to be clearly untrue in order to get someone sentenced? If they saw the coke fall out of somewhere why not say that? If they saw it in the street and believed it must have fell from the suspect somewhere then that's what they should say. If they really did pull it from his pocket then how do you explain their subsequent actions with the coke and the wallet?
Yeah, cops have always done this. They fudge some details to make their case tidier, so it's obviously good that there are dash and body cams now. I just don't get how they're slick enough to have one cop searching, another throw coke on the ground, another pick it up and plant it, yet they're so stupid that they didn't even consider that there is a whole group of cops with them who all have body cams and that "finding" a small bag of coke on the guy was way too risky with very little reward.

When Kaepernick talks about the mistreatment of African Americans by police, this is something that people should talk about. It's not just shootings, it is general mistreatment and extreme mutual distrust.

Not to change the subject, but if he was a spokesperson against corrupt police, his message would have been far more effectively recieved if he didn't first kneel during the anthem.

As for these corrupt LA cops, if they're not charged with everything they comitted and not given the maximum sentence... this shit is going to go national.

Yeah, cops have always done this. They fudge some details to make their case tidier, so it's obviously good that there are dash and body cams now. I just don't get how they're slick enough to have one cop searching, another throw coke on the ground, another pick it up and plant it, yet they're so stupid that they didn't even consider that there is a whole group of cops with them who all have body cams and that "finding" a small bag of coke on the guy was way too risky with very little reward.

I think they didn't see it on his body. They dropped his wallet and it fell out. It was just easier for them to falsify the report to make it seem they found it on him to begin with

Not to change the subject, but if he was a spokesperson against corrupt police, his message would have been far more effectively recieved if he didn't first kneel during the anthem.

As for these corrupt LA cops, if they're not charged with everything they comitted and not given the maximum sentence... this shit is going to go national.

I agree. I think he was just looking for a way to draw attention to himself first so that he would have a platform. If he had just started talking about police corruption, hardly anybody would care at all. He would be just another athlete sticking his nose in politics.

I think his situation should be a lesson that you have to choose your method of drawing attention wisely. Hopefully people realize that offending most of the country is not a good start to a conversation, regardless of how important the conversation is.

Look man. This place is getting really weird. Someone can't even have a different take on things without being insulted or being accused of supporting murder. Eventually this whole place will just be an echo chamber

I did neither of those things, though. At least I don't feel like I've been insulting at all.

Here's a counter argument:
https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...s-no-wrongdoing-8PCVT91sikWk9XHCgpFcvA?full=1

What every news agency is ignoring is that the drugs were on the ground next to the suspect’s wallet and cell phone. Why? Because Officer Lee emptied out Shields’ pocket and put the contents on the ground.
G00ir00rPkSF2vc4xhnafA

Seems pretty obvious that the baggie fell from the suspect or his wallet.

Why would they try to frame the guy when they've already got him on felony hit run and weapons.

Then again, they could just be two evil fucks.

That is what Fawlty and I were talking about. My question is, is it common police procedure to simply toss all the stuff on the ground instead of setting it on the roof of the car? There was also stuff on the roof of the car.

But more importantly, why did the guy start his body-cam and then pretend to have found the drugs in the wallet?

^ That is the most important aspect of this story. Even if the guy had the drugs, and the police officer found the drugs and threw it on the ground, why did they try to mislead with the body cam?

Seems pretty obvious that the baggie fell from the suspect or his wallet.

Why would they try to frame the guy when they've already got him on felony hit run and weapons.

Then again, they could just be two evil fucks.

To me it looks more like laziness, just leaving out the details on the paperwork because who the hell likes writing reports?

I think they didn't see it on his body. They dropped his wallet and it fell out. It was just easier for them to falsify the report to make it seem they found it on him to begin with
That seems the most likely. Still incredibly stupid of them but makes you wonder how often they cut corners or fudge details to be that comfortable doing it.

Bottom line, the evidence overwhelmingly indicates they falsified their report and testimony. Is there a motive that you feel excuses perjury on the part of the police? Let's assume they didn't bring the drugs themselves and that they're certain the coke was his even though they only saw it once it was lying in the street. My opinion is they still need prosectued to the fullest extent of the law for what we're sure (beyond a reasonable doubt) that they did do. Which is make false statements in an effort to get a person convicted.

Hard to rationalize locking people up for breaking the law while allowing police to break the law for the purpose of locking people up.

Bottom line, the evidence overwhelmingly indicates they falsified their report and testimony. Is there a motive that you feel excuses perjury on the part of the police? Let's assume they didn't bring the drugs themselves and that they're certain the coke was his even though they only saw it once it was lying in the street. My opinion is they still need prosectued to the fullest extent of the law for what we're sure (beyond a reasonable doubt) that they did do. Which is make false statements in an effort to get a person convicted.

Hard to rationalize locking people up for breaking the law while allowing police to break the law for the purpose of locking people up.
Yeah, not sure it merits jail time or anything if it was actually his and they just lied about where they found it, but seems reason enough to at least fire them.

I have a brother in law who is an officer and has been for over 15 years.
His biggest complaint is that crooked cops exponentially hurt civilian/police relations and they should be punished much harder than they are and that any attempt to have prosecutors or judges go lighter should be punished even harder

I’m closing in on 10 Years in service, and most of the people I know and work with feel like your brother in law does.

I arrested a former officer recently, who committed his crimes while still a sworn officer. He may have never been convicted without the testimony of his beat partner.

However, one of my coworkers admonished me for my “rough treatment” of the arrestee in question because I should show him “professional courtesy.” I made it clear in no uncertain terms that I viewed dirty cops as the lowest of the low, and that he lost any chance for courtesy when he betrayed the trust of his community.

He first sat, but an ex Green Beret sent him a letter asking him to kneel and he did. I just recently became a fan of his.

As to cops planting drugs, super fucked up shit. I think a lot of the riots that have happened (LA, Ferguson, Baltimore) weren't so much a riot about the specific instance, but people just fed up with what seems to be a systematic difference in racial treatment. I've mentioned this before, but Kendrick touched on this in GKMC about how he is scared of the gangs, but the cops are putting their boots on his head treating him like a gang member so he doesn't trust them either.

I think the Winning Hearts and Minds strategy in Afghanistan should be looked at for use here in the states.

Back