2017 PotWR Round 1: Registration/Campaign Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which candidates do you think fit the bill?

Good posters among the candidates:

luckyshot
Falsedawn
Rational Poster
HomerThompson
Kafir-kun
alanb

Additionally, while Viva is pretty dim and excitable, he'd probably have a decent sticky thread, at least from an entertainment standpoint.

Should say that there are a couple of names there I'm not really familiar with. PCP is one of them, but he seems too trolly to be entertaining to me, though he's at least smarter than snake.

Thats a slippery slope -- i really dont want RIPWarrior making rap songs every 5 mins and posting them

Nah like, when one comes up on the stream. I feel white people's pain, they sound like a censored Scarface album being performed live.

Shit is crazy!

Nah like, when one comes up on the stream. I feel white people's pain, they sound like a censored Scarface album being performed live.

Shit is crazy!

meh, history just took that privilege from us...its understandable. Its only ok if you're staring in a Tarantino movie now.

Like how germans/austrians cant walk around with that toothbrush mustache anymore.

Things are heating up in here!

Question for the candidates:

If elected, what are your plans for the sticky?
@VivaRevolution
@luckyshot
@Falsedawn
@Rational Poster
@Clippy
@HomerThompson
@pcptornado
@snakedafunky
@Kafir-kun
@alanb
@colby25
@CauseImbetta
@Space

It will contain the War Room Commandments and Universal Truths. These will be ideas we have discussed ad nauseum on here and that nobody will need to explain again. They will be objective truths that we can lay as the foundation for our discussions to help us move forward.

Things are heating up in here!

Question for the candidates:

If elected, what are your plans for the sticky?
@VivaRevolution
@luckyshot
@Falsedawn
@Rational Poster
@Clippy
@HomerThompson
@pcptornado
@snakedafunky
@Kafir-kun
@alanb
@colby25
@CauseImbetta
@Space
I briefly mentioned some of my plans in my announcement speech. I would set up a Divan composed of four other posters, two right wingers and two leftists, to help me select topics for discussion on a roughly weekly basis. I would choose them in consultation with the WR through the sticky itself. I would also hold special elections to decide the official War Room waifu.

Right, Palis won and an interesting idea led to nothing. Just a stickied troll thread that no one reads other than other trolls. Wouldn't it be better to have a good poster do it this time? There are many candidates who fit that bill. If people just want to behave like middle-schoolers or something, why not just do it in the OT, which is designed for that? Or snake can do his own version of Pwent's thing.

PCP is one, I guess? And also not a WR regular. Any others?

I can't believe you would publicly endorse an interloper Jack.

I briefly mentioned some of my plans in my announcement speech. I would set up a Divan composed of four other posters, two right wingers and two leftists, to help me select topics for discussion on a roughly weekly basis. I would choose them in consultation with the WR through the sticky itself. I would also hold special elections to decide the official War Room waifu.

A couch-like thing?

I'll even let you say the N word when it comes up in rap songs.

ONLY then though.
tumblr_od5us1RMYU1qz8x31o1_500.gif

This would be OK with me, although I might reverse the order.
I think we need to bring one strong ticket to the primary.
This “Jungle primary” format is terrible.

A jungle primary actually encourages a multi-candidate system to emerge. The US has one which encourages only two parties to be able to have control because there isn't a run off.

@Lead sign me up to vote please!
BREAKING NEWS!!
Future President of WAR ROOM Rational Poster was recently involved in assassination attempt by a sleeper cell right wing terrorist by the name of Sinner_City.
Luckily, the attack was quickly thwarted by forum administrators and no harm came to the future President and the election can continue without interruption.
@Ham Socks, care to comment on the incident?
@Lead stick me on that register please.
Added
-WalkenWouldOwn
-Teen Wolf
-Ham Socks

Only posters meeting a certain standard will be able to post in the thread.
Of course that will not be based on my personal opinion but rather on established scientific facts from the 1930's.
I don't know about your criteria but a PotWR will be able to make executive orders banning a poster from their sticky thread. Great power comes with great responsibilities
cough* @Arkain2K *cough* I can't make this anymore tempting for you to throw your hat in.

@Lead Thanks.
Definitely don't have 200 posts in the WR in 2017. But I read this forum every day.
Can I file for an exemption from this rule?

Unfortunately, the criteria is a hard rule. You are fortunate to not be some of the people with the new join date who have no hope at all. The best I could give you was a heads up for you to have this chance to get them. Take some tips from Clippy and you will be sure to get to 200 in time.

Adding more to the voter registration:
@gspieler
@Gunny
@HamPhan
@Happiness
@Hard To Tell
@Helden
@HIMBOB
@Hit-N-Run
@Hogey
@Ice That Jaw
@IIIIIIII
@ILLogic
@InternetHero
@irish_thug

You can also decide to run for the office. Annoucnement must be made by Friday 9pm EST.

How do I run for such a high and sacred office as PotWR?
Candidates must make their announcement speeches before Round 1 ends to be considered for Round 2. Please make a speech to the citizens of the War Room about why you are running with something along the lines "I announce my candidancy for the President of the War Room" and tag me in the post. Please keep in mind the length of your post is one of the criteria's to determine what candidates make it to Round 2 if there are more than 20 candidates so put some time into the speech. First recognized speech will be used for the tiebreaker criteria so don't mess up on your first announcement.

Also, I realize the most right respected poster here that could set this race on notice would be @IDL . I'd say @TheComebackKid but he's too grumpy to run.

Mr @Lead Did you put me in the running yet?

You didn't announce yet. There may be an issue where you are incapable of making everything sexual undertones that I may never notice your announcement

OF FUCK I MICROWAVED MY PUDDING TOO LONG AND IT EXPLODED AND ITS EVERYWHERES AND THE WIFE IS GUNNA KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't announce yet. There may be an issue where you are incapable of making everything sexual undertones that I may never notice your announcement

You still need time to gape, so i can understand your lack of clarity.

I am announcing that i am running for the candidacy position.......Mr @Clippy.... It will be beautiful....

OF FUCK I MICROWAVED MY PUDDING TOO LONG AND IT EXPLODED AND ITS EVERYWHERES AND THE WIFE IS GUNNA KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're really helping the opposition campaign against you on content here. Do they realize how much dirt they can get from the dump yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back