Is Tyron Woodley the best 170'er we have ever seen?

Crushed Maia, and crushed Wonderboy twice.

His resume is basically as good as GSP's at this point.

tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif
Hard to say. He hasn't proven as much as gsp. But part of me says fan doesn't want Woodley to fight gsp cuz he might vary well win. Than where does gsp go..... you let both of them keep winning and in a yr have a champion v's champion fight=$

Hard to say. He hasn't proven as much as gsp. But part of me says fan doesn't want Woodley to fight gsp cuz he might vary well win. Than where does gsp go..... you let both of them keep winning and in a yr have a champion v's champion fight=$

As a GSP fan i was a lot more worried about Bisping than Woodley. Bigger, infinite cardio, high volume, better striking than woodley (lets be honest, all he has is a big overhand. GSP can figure this out).

He's got a long road ahead of him before he is given that accolade.

See AV.

I usually agree, but I do think TW is one of the best ever.

He fights Ivy league smart which is boring, but he negates his opponenets.

Wonderboy who has dismantled everyone he has fought had no answer for TW not once but twice and Maia who except for (Covington) was on a terror had no answer for TW either.

Love TW and he destroyed Lawler.

Wait what?

Crushed Maia?

Crushed Wonderboy twice? The first was a draw and the second a majority decision.

Totally uninspiring title run.
Woodley was literally TOOLED, HUMILIATED, RIDICULED by Rory.

UFCs are numbered in Fahrenheit, so UFC 33 was the first one and UFC 217 was actually UFC 422, which won't happen until 2022. It's easy to get confused in the conversions so I don't blame OP.
I wonder if UFC 911 will be a Muslim vs American themed card? No real connection to your fahrenheit theory but thats what popped in my head.

I wonder if UFC 911 will be a Muslim vs American themed card? No real connection to your fahrenheit theory but thats what popped in my head.
Nurmagomedov vs Iaquinta, cause he looks like a spoiled rich new jersey kid

Nurmagomedov vs Iaquinta, cause he looks like a spoiled rich new jersey kid
Will it be for the Interim UFC Intercontinental TV title? or will they make Conor vacate that and make it for the Undisputed UFC Intercontinental TV Title?

As a GSP fan i was a lot more worried about Bisping than Woodley. Bigger, infinite cardio, high volume, better striking than woodley (lets be honest, all he has is a big overhand. GSP can figure this out).
Johnny didn’t have much striking and look what he did to g s p

Woodley is like a better version of prime hendricks.

What makes you think he'd destroy woodley everywhere, especially now?
To be more accurate. Woodley is a less aggressive KOS

Georges eats hard hitting wrestlers who dont throw left handed bombs for breakfast

I've really, really disliked watching Woodley fight recently, but credit where credit's due, he's one of the best welterweights ever. Nipping at GSP's heels at this point.

What's annoying about him is that he has vicious power but hasn't been pulling the trigger recently. Colby Covington made a mess of Maia, and his striking is piss-poor compared to Woodley's. Woodley could've starched Maia but chose to play it safe.

Also, Woodley's right about there not being many high profile fights at welterweight currently, but I'd like to see him beat a couple more legit contenders (Covington, RDA, Usman, Till) before calling him the greatest welterweight ever.

Johnny is far more active and he is left handed. It's a very big difference.

Hush with your thoughtful post. Too many Sherdoggers are confused by any analysis beyond 'good/bad at striking/grappling'. Actually pointing out stylistic differences is going too far.

He's also a great athlete who's low to the ground. Quick hands as well.Best mma wrestler gsp will have ever faced imo.

Losing to Rory and Nate is not as bad as tapping to strikes and losing to Hughes

Hughes > Rory/Nate in terms of name value, career, legacy etc

And GSP avenged both losses convincingly, Tyrone didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back