Duane Ludwig's Online Stuff

whooty

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was considering getting a subscription for Bang Muay Thai's online academy. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it good stuff?

https://bangmuaythai.com/

I follow him on social media but don't subscribe to his stuff.

Honestly, probably not worth it. It's a lot of complex drills that really you have to be training regular to work, and that can be a pain in the arse. Depends on if you'd be dedicated to drilling them a lot

Hi all,

I was considering getting a subscription for Bang Muay Thai's online academy. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it good stuff?

I had no idea he had this, how much does it cost?

I am friends with 2 of his pro mma fighters, that live back and forth both here in cali and in colorado. Was just training with one of them yesterday and we were working some "bang" drills. I think its very good stuff. It is basiclly "dutch kickboxing". The difficult part to his system, which takes a long time for guys to get, is that you have to be proficient in both stances, and be able to change back and forth fluidly.

To put it simply, its dutch kickboxing, both stances, and smoothly transitioning from one to the next.

At a high level, being able to fight both stances is a must. It creates many more openings/angles. It also takes a long time to master.

I think whether its worth it or not would depend on how much it costs.

if its cheap i would say go for it, if its expensive I would say theres enough stuff on social media and youtube that you could do without.

Honestly, probably not worth it. It's a lot of complex drills that really you have to be training regular to work, and that can be a pain in the arse. Depends on if you'd be dedicated to drilling them a lot

I train with a few amateur fighters, about 4/5 times a week, in which we spend about 3x1 hour on drilling standup.

Was just training with one of them yesterday and we were working some "bang" drills. I think its very good stuff.
440.gif

anigif_enhanced-28161-1457014945-3.gif

i just looked at tie library tbh its very good stuff but not alot of content yet hope this changes id not wana pay for something like this unless it had over 500 vids at least and 5 vids a week minimum

i just looked at tie library tbh its very good stuff but not alot of content yet hope this changes id not wana pay for something like this unless it had over 500 vids at least and 5 vids a week minimum

What a friend of mine did was took the free month, spent a good 4 days screen recording the whole site then unsubscribing. The thing I found was that you start at week 1 and you only unlock videos after 2 or 3 days so you can practice the prior weeks stuff. My friend...I mean the thing my friend found.

The site does have some free videos. That paired with youtube and some good old googling you can find a ton of the drills online. I have a notebook full of em

yeah when i signed upfor the free trial it wouldnt let me watch certain vids i was like wtf tbh i wondered why no top mma gyms had a site like this to show legit mma drills and skills for guys if it had a massive data base then id be a full time member but sadly it doesnt :( maybe n future

yeah when i signed upfor the free trial it wouldnt let me watch certain vids i was like wtf tbh i wondered why no top mma gyms had a site like this to show legit mma drills and skills for guys if it had a massive data base then id be a full time member but sadly it doesnt :( maybe n future

Exactly. Forum on the site kinda sucks as well people dont really answer anything at least here you'll get a meme or two. If they updated drills regularly that I couldn't find otherwise i might be more inclined to pay like 24.99 a month

Hi all,

If you're serious about it, then go for it. If it's just something you're gonna do in your spare time, I would say don't do it. It's just like dieting, working out, a job, etc. you have to stay committed to it to get full use of it. If you want to be a BMT ninja like Killashaw, then I truly recommend it. you can even do it at your own home too, which is pretty much what he intended it to be for in case you can't make it to a real gym. learn the combos, write them down in a notebook, go hit your punching bag (if you have one) if not, you can get them for a fairly decent price. reps matter a whole lot when learning techniques.
a Bruce Lee quote that's suitable is:

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

It's all about learning and repetition.

I highly recommend the BMT system. IMHO, it's one of, if not THE best striking system in the world for MMA or if you want to just be a pure kickboxer.

man now im having issues canceling my subscription no where on the site does it let me cancel if i want to i signed up for the first 7 days and i tried to cancel it and today they billed me and i still dont see where on the site or my email do i cancel my payments for it

i dont mean to bash the site but it wont even let me watch the good videos it only lets you watch very basis like how to throw the jab lol i just paid to not be able to watch half of the sites content it wont even let me watch level 1 techniques and goes up to like level 20 lol

Last edited:
man now im having issues canceling my subscription no where on the site does it let me cancel if i want to i signed up for the first 7 days and i tried to cancel it and today they billed me and i still dont see where on the site or my email do i cancel my payments for it

i dont mean to bash the site but it wont even let me watch the good videos it only lets you watch very basis like how to throw the jab lol i just paid to not be able to watch half of the sites content it wont even let me watch level 1 techniques and goes up to like level 20 lol

Gotta email the support email to cancel. The lovked videos was a big thing for me as well

Gotta email the support email to cancel. The lovked videos was a big thing for me as well
how do you unlock videos do you have to pay for it or does it take months or is it based off how many videos you watch then lets you unlock more? the site doesnt tell you

how do you unlock videos do you have to pay for it or does it take months or is it based off how many videos you watch then lets you unlock more? the site doesnt tell you

Yeah it isnt laid out too well but basically you unlock 2 videos aside from free ones and then after you watch those initial 2 you unclock 2 more every 3 days or so (to let you practice the previous videos) essentially by day 6 you have around 6 videos by day 9 you have 8 by day 12 you have 10 and so on and so on. If you know nothing i can see it being good but if you understand basic strikes (jab cross hook uppercut elbows knees and round kicks) you can essentially just youtube drills and go on insta and write the combo down then just drill it. They do have some cool guest coaches though. I explained a pete spratt combo in an overhand thread

I am a big fan of Ludwig's work. He regularly puts up short vids on facebook, instagram and youtube. I haven't paid for a subscription though. I wonder how the subscribed vids are different or similar to the free content that he keeps putting out??

I am a big fan of Ludwig's work. He regularly puts up short vids on facebook, instagram and youtube. I haven't paid for a subscription though. I wonder how the subscribed vids are different or similar to the free content that he keeps putting out??

when you subscribe you get videos from guest coaches and a few in depth videos on some combos. A lot is similar to the clips you can find in regards to it being translated into drills (i watch a video like 10 times and write down the combo). However, there are also some that he has on the site that i haven't found anywhere else that he gives for free after subscribing. I think the main selling point is or was supposed to be the "learn from home" type videos starting with the jab and cross that you slowly unlock. I think most people looking though are well past that level and wouldn't want to just wait months to unlock things they may not know.

when you subscribe you get videos from guest coaches and a few in depth videos on some combos. A lot is similar to the clips you can find in regards to it being translated into drills (i watch a video like 10 times and write down the combo). However, there are also some that he has on the site that i haven't found anywhere else that he gives for free after subscribing. I think the main selling point is or was supposed to be the "learn from home" type videos starting with the jab and cross that you slowly unlock. I think most people looking though are well past that level and wouldn't want to just wait months to unlock things they may not know.
Thanks Mate. It kind of sounds like a computer game; you have to reach a level before content becomes unlocked. lol

Thanks Mate. It kind of sounds like a computer game; you have to reach a level before content becomes unlocked. lol

Im a fan of his system but the website could be better. kind of smelled of a money grab, an upgrade from peanut butter though definitely

Back