2017 PotWR Round 1: Registration/Campaign Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added you.

I called for both of them to run but Jack declined and no word from IDL yet

Oh lol. Well, if elected, I'll just Trump it up then. Basically, I'll just make up random facts, claim anything I don't agree with is fake news and make promises I have no intentions -or ability- to keep.

So basically.. nothing changes.

giphy.gif

Oh lol. Well, if elected, I'll just Trump it up then. Basically, I'll just make up random facts, claim anything I don't agree with is fake news and make promises I have no intentions -or ability- to keep.

So basically.. nothing changes.

giphy.gif

Are you saying you are running?

Final 10 minutes. If someone is trying to be dramatic and announce last minute, this would be the time.

War Room citizens!

Over the past twelve months, we have witnessed an overall deterioration of discussion quality and further division in the War Room. President @Palis has not fulfilled a single one of his election promises and has gone down a very dark path watching the War Room right bleed out. He stood by, doing nothing to stop this from happening. He ignored his presidential duties in full. He abandoned his own "government" after just a couple months and never returned to his sticky thread.

In other words: We've witnessed what happens when you elect a Sports Bar jock with goons that possess a strong photo shop game. Once election season is over, the thread is insta-zombied and does not play the role it should or could have.

It's time to take the War Room back.

I have spent a lot of time considering whom to support. As I've stated previously, the War Room is bigger than just you or me. To me, this campaign always has been about improving our War Room experience. Therefore, I planned to extend my support to the candidate with the most serious commitment to fostering honest discussions and creating a climate where conceding points to the other side is possible.

This past year, we have seen the rise and demise of the War Room Debate League. It was a great idea pursued by @Limbo Pete and @Fawlty and gave us some memorable debates, but the rigid structure made it clear that this form of respectful, honest will always be the exception to the rule - as it should be, considering the War Room is based on spontaneity, exchanges and the evolution of thread topics.

This makes this year's War Room election all the more important. But looking at the field of candidates and what their policies are so far is pretty sobering.

@VivaRevolution has an evident temper issue and gets into public fights with mods over nothing, wanting to "embarrass" them in public.

@Rational Poster "I am so intelligent and well-spoken, elect me!!1" This kind of arrogance is not what we need right now. Also he took a page out of @Palis' playbook by handing out imaginary positions already now. Does anybody want to be Secretary of Fucking Nothing?

@Clippy is, well, Clippy.

@Kafir-kun posted an opening statement and then virtually disappeared. The Kalifat may have to wait.

@pcptornado seems to have left the door open. (Will someone please close that goddamn door?)

@luckyshot has committed to a regime of shaming "Trumpbot shitposters"; this sounds appealing, but will not bridge the divide.

@snakedafunky My fellow German has significantly stepped up his fake news and fake twitter game. I like him, I respect him, but you probably won't hear anything about his plans beyond his Hitler schtick.

@Falsedawn opened strong, but since has not convincingly reaffirmed his commitment to a strong anti-shitposter regime.

@irish_thug has held an interesting initial speech, and I see potential there, but I have not seen enough yet. And time is running out.

The War Room deserves better. The War Room deserves more.

The War Room deserves a choice.

Right now, as of today, I don't see the field of candidates as equipped or willing to deliver and @Lead beyond empty words and a couple of photo shops in the electoral campaign.

It's not something I desire. But I am following the call of duty. Therefore, I am hereby announcing my candidacy for the Presidency of the War Room.

This also is a clear message to the other candidates: the door for negotiations is wide open. I don't need to become POTWR myself. But I need the future President to commit to a vision and deliver results that go beyond the electoral campaign.

tumblr_oh3nf58Zbg1u955i8o1_540.jpg

God damn this is a mistake

Last edited:
@Kafir-kun posted an opening statement and then virtually disappeared. The Kalifat may have to wait.[/spoiler]

God damn this is a mistaken
I believe government that speaks least governs best

War Room citizens!

Over the past twelve months, we have witnessed an overall deterioration of discussion quality and further division in the War Room. President @Palis has not fulfilled a single one of his election promises and has gone down a very dark path watching the War Room right bleed out. He stood by, doing nothing to stop this from happening. He ignored his presidential duties in full. He abandoned his own "government" after just a couple months and never returned to his sticky thread.

In other words: We've witnessed what happens when you elect a Sports Bar jock with goons that possess a strong photo shop game. Once election season is over, the thread is insta-zombied and does not play the role it should or could have.

I have spent a lot of time considering whom to support. As I've stated previously, the War Room is bigger than just you or me. To me, this campaign always has been about improving our War Room experience. Therefore, I planned to extend my support to the candidate with the most serious commitment to fostering honest discussions and creating a climate where conceding points to the other side is possible.

This past year, we have seen the rise and demise of the War Room Debate League. It was a great idea pursued by @Limbo Pete and @Fawlty and gave us some memorable debates, but the rigid structure made it clear that this form of respectful, honest will always be the exception to the rule - as it should be, considering the War Room is based on spontaneity, exchanges and the evolution of thread topics.

This makes this year's War Room election all the more important. But looking at the field of candidates and what their policies are so far is pretty sobering.

@VivaRevolution has an evident temper issue and gets into public fights with mods over nothing, wanting to "embarrass" them in public.

@Rational Poster "I am so intelligent and well-spoken, elect me!!1" This kind of arrogance is not what we need right now. Also he took a page out of @Palis' playbook by handing out imaginary positions already now. Does anybody want to be Secretary of Fucking Nothing?

@Kafir-kun posted an opening statement and then virtually disappeared. The Kalifat may have to wait.

@pcptornado seems to have left the door open. (Will someone please close that goddamn door?)

@luckyshot has committed to a regime of shaming "Trumpbot shitposters"; this sounds appealing, but will not bridge the divide.

@snakedafunky My fellow German has significantly stepped up his fake news and fake twitter game. I like him, I respect him, but you probably won't hear anything about his plans beyond his Hitler schtick.

@Falsedawn opened strong, but since has not convincingly reaffirmed his commitment to a strong anti-shitposter regime.

@irish_thug has held an interesting initial speech, and I see potential there, but I have not seen enough yet. And time is running out.

Right now, as of today, I don't see the field of candidates as equipped or willing to deliver and @Lead beyond empty words and a couple of photo shops in the electoral campaign.

It's not something I desire. But I am following the call of duty. Therefore, I am hereby announcing my candidacy for the Presidency of the War Room.

This also is a clear message to the other candidates: the door for negotiations is wide open. I don't need to become POTWR myself. But I need the future President to commit to a vision and deliver results that go beyond the electoral campaign.

Dramatic last minute announcement complete. Well done.

War Room citizens!

<FookIsThatGuy>

*mistake

So, we have a would-be dictator, a would-be ayatollah, and several would-be presidents. I hereby announce my candidacy for president of the warroom. My qualifications are better than a gimmick or pictures of butts or plagiarizing a speech or scoring in the middle on quiz.

Threadstarting? I have substantive threads with hundreds or even thousands of replies, including the election prediction thread.

Shitposting? I have excellent shitposts.

Contentposting? I have excellent content. My posts are informative and informed, rational and cutting, with original content to boot.

Bitching about moderation? I had a thread in support about my issues with moderation, and it had over 100 replies, but it was deleted. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Bitching about trolling? I've done that too.

Slain trolls? I was doing it before certain people, and without mod assistance.

Behold, my endorsements from people across the political spectrum mostly for other things.

Your ability to gather information is rather impressive.

<mma4>

While he'd obviously make a good mod, I'd rather see a President Quipling over a Quipling who has to babysit. But only a puppet president serving under Ayatollah Falsedawn. Sorry Quip, this dictator thing has me ROCK FUCKING HARD

My post wouldn't have come up because my name isn't in the text field, but it is in yours, so both this post and yours will come up from that search now.

Fun fact: The search is basically whatever you see in the screen after clicking edit. So I can also find all posts replying to a person by entering their member number, or search for gifs by searching the text command for that gif. For example, searching "449137" (your member number) will find all posts replying to you, but not those only tagging you. If I look for 449137 and <18> I can find every time somebody replied to you with the rob ford hotdog gif. This does not appear to have happened recently, but I might be doing the gif search incorrectly.
This is the best post that I've ever read in the Dump. Much informative.

Thank you all for participating in Round 1. This will now be locked. Round 2 will begin shortly. Please stand by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back