Oezdemir's court appearance video

Did he know he was getting into it with a pro fighter.

I once told Larry Holmes to “go fuck himself” and “stop being an asshole” once because I didn’t realize it was him. In my defense he was being a drunk asshole and harassing my neighbor so I went to stick up for him. Didn’t realize it was Larry I was yelling at until everything calmed down.

Honestly...once your buttons are pushed...I'd do the same thing...what is big larry going to do, if you kick him in his leg or take his old ass down?

The bar fight was all the way back in mid August, damn they sure do take there time doing this shit.

I'm all for protecting yourself but you shouldn't put yourself in potentially bad situations.

Alcohol, woman and being a MMA fighter at a bar is a recipe for a disaster.
100% this. I'm all for self defense but avoiding these situations is so easy.

"A level boxer" would get leg kicked to death...or get taken down and choked out in seconds...take your boxing shit, and shove it up your 14 year old ass....boxers can't do shit in a real fight...what happens when it goes to the ground? Then what...what if the guy kicks you? Then what.

LOL yeah then why didnt Volkan go for a double leg on that guy ? The first human instinct is to punch. MMA fighters think they have good hands, but in the scenario where they brawl with a legit boxer they would quickly realize what a mistake that was

Probably right...but i'm sure, others must have commented...Like: "dude, that guys a ufc fighter...how about that...that simple fact alone, should make you say....forget it...I don't feel like getting embarrassed today.

Dude if you ask 100,000 people if they know who Volkan Oezdimir is, maybe 10 of them would know...

LOL yeah then why didnt Volkan go for a double leg on that guy ? The first human instinct is to punch. MMA fighters think they have good hands, but in the scenario where they brawl with a legit boxer they would quickly realize what a mistake that was

have you ever watched a bare knuckle contest...they fight completely different than boxing...they hold their hands different...they block punches differently...meaning, I would give an mma fighter, that has good hands, over a pro boxer, any day of the week...remember, fighting with 8-10 oz gloves on, completely changes how you would fight in a street fight...mma is much closer to a street fight, than boxing is.

"A level boxer" would get leg kicked to death...or get taken down and choked out in seconds...take your boxing shit, and shove it up your 14 year old ass....boxers can't do shit in a real fight...what happens when it goes to the ground? Then what...what if the guy kicks you? Then what.
Boxing is the most effective and efficient martial art to win street fights safely

One has to laugh at this "A level athlete" crap....only on sherdog, can this sort of garbage take place...what does athletic ability have to do with fighting? As I have stated before...some of the greatest most dangerous fighters who ever lived, were not great athletes....George foreman...best KO ratio in the history of boxing...hit harder than probably any man alive....was slow, both of hand speed and foot speed...not a great athlete....yet, he'd hit you so hard, your entire family would feel it....

so please stop mentioning this A level athlete shit...it has nothing to do with fighting ability....
having great punching power is an athletic asset like great speed.

Boxers break their hands when they punch properly with no gloves on.

In a street fight it's dumb to throw punches. Palm strikes do just as much damage if not more and protect the person throwing the punch.

BJJ and wrestling are way better for a streetfight and probably less likely to get you arrested
Both of those are awful for street fights if there are any hard surfaces or any other people close by

Which is 99% of fights

Sure, a quick guillotine or RNC would be best case scenario, but chances are those never present themselves. In a shaky situation, id rather have good hands and the ability to avoid punches

Boxers break their hands when they punch properly with no gloves on.

In a street fight it's dumb to throw punches. Palm strikes do just as much damage if not more and protect the person throwing the punch.
People break their hands when they throw improperly, not properly

Both of those are awful for street fights if there are any hard surfaces or any other people close by

Which is 99% of fights

Sure, a quick guillotine or RNC would be best case scenario, but chances are those never present themselves. In a shaky situation, id rather have good hands and the ability to avoid punches
You've clearly never hit someone with any amount of power with a bare fist or trained in grappling. A random bar fight isn't worth a broken hand

I have, many times
BJJ and wrestling are still awful choices lol
Its clear to anyone that has thrown punches without a glove that you haven't. Your knowledge of grappling is even less if you think a room being full of people is relevant. Pretty much any BJJ player or wrestler has been in a practice room full of people all grappling. Good luck. Keep trolling

No boxer will throw hands unless wrapped you moron thier hands are precious.

Fucking dumbass

B

Yeah! Remember when Tim Sylvia brutalized Ray mercer with leg kicks n then took him down n choked him out?

Wait... no he got kod in 10 seconds. Never mind

People break their hands when they throw improperly, not properly
No not true. When thrown improperly you're looking at a injured wrist. When thrown properly you're looking at broken bones in the hand.

How many boxers have gotten into bar fights and broken their hands? Tyson did it at least twice. Cotto did it. It use to reported all the time when boxing was more mainstream.

The gloves prevent the hand from getting micro fractured. It cushions and prevents the damage to the hands. Karate guys on the other hand deliberately train without gloves to strengthen their hands.

Back