Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, lots of PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity to those not familiar with the acronym) and illogical commercial break villain escapes in the latest episode of The Flash. I've gotten used to these holes, it's a standard for the show. But I'm enjoying the lightheartedness approach of the season so far.

It's harder to ignore when they increase Barry's speed and show him pulling off all kinds of crazy feats and then have scenes where he just stands there like a moron not doing anything allowing the villain to either hurt him or to walk away. Then to top it off, they use a scene where he very conveniently doesn't use his powers and try to make a point about it with another character. Why try to use a situation where Barry could have very easily stopped the villain and saved people to say that Ralph can't use his powers to both stop the villain and save the people? Barry gets mad at Ralph for choosing to go after the villain instead of saving the little girl, but what in the fuck did Barry do? He stood there like an idiot and let some slowass mannequin knock him to the ground. I like the lightheartedness, but I don't care for the lazy as hell writing. They were trying to make a serious point about saving people being more important than going after the villain, but it just came off dumb due to poor writing. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

I didn't have a problem with that early scene where that idiot tried to rob Barry and Ralph. No problems with suspension of disbelief there. It was a lighthearted scene not meant to be taken too seriously and it was fun. The show needs more of that and less of that other scene.

Last edited:
Trailer for Jason Momoa's FRONTIER Season 2 on Netflix

By about episode 3 or 4 or so, the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm has started to feel like the old Curb again.

edit/update: He's definitely recycling his old jokes (both from Curb and Seinfeld) tho

Last edited:
@Dragonlordxxxxx I saw this on Family Guy this week, and considering our mutual love of Kingsmen, figured you would get a kick out of it.

Netflix Nabs SUPER-NORMAL Starring Josh Gad, Daisy Ridley and Luke Evans

TMUgRLO.jpg

Netflix has picked up Super-Normal, the hot superhero package that has Josh Gad, Daisy Ridley and Luke Evans attached to star.

Gad is producing the project with Dan Lin, who produced Death Note for Netflix and is known for the Lego movies. Jonathan Eirich of Lin Pictures is also producing. Brothers Aaron and Jordan Kandell, who worked on Disney's Moana, are writing the script.

Gad took on a superheroic role for the project as well, originating the idea, then developing it with the Kandells. He then roped in his friends Ridley, with whom he stars in Murder on the Orient Express, and Evans, his cohort from the billion-dollar-grossing live-action Beauty and the Beast.

Evans was in the room with Gad for the pitch meetings and will executive produce.

Super-Normal is intended to be a character-driven, subversive take on a genre that Hollywood and the rest of the world loves too much. The package hit the town late last month, generating instant interest and a bid from Disney, among other studios.

Ridley is gearing up for the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and recently wrapped shooting the postapocalyptic YA thriller Chaos Walking with Tom Holland. Evans is coming off a starring turn in the drama Professor Marston and the Wonder Women, the story about Wonder Woman creator William Moulton Marston.

Netflix Nabs Josh Gad Superhero Comedy 'Super-Normal' with Daisy Ridley and Luke Evans to Star (Exclusive)

ALIEN: COVENANT' Star Carmen Ejogo Joins TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3

AGbJy87.jpg

The third season of HBO anthology True Detective is beginning to take shape. Carmen Ejogo (Selma) has been tapped to star opposite Mahershala Ali in the forthcoming cycle of the Nic Pizzolatto drama.

Season three will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Ejogo will play the female lead, Amelia Reardon, an Arkansas schoolteacher with a connection to two missing children in 1980. Ali (Moonlight) stars as Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas.

Ejogo will next be seen in Dan Gilroy's Roman J. Israel, Esq., opposite Denzel Washington. She currently stars in the second season of Starz anthology The Girlfriend Experience. Her feature credits include It Comes at Night, Alien: Covenant and the upcoming Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald. She's best known for her role as Coretta Scott King in Ava DuVernay's Selma and Born to Be Blue.

Pizzolatto, who created the series, will serve as showrunner and direct alongside relative newcomer Jeremy Saulnier. Executive producers include Pizzolatto, Saulnier, Scott Stephens and season one stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as well as original director Cary Joji Fukunaga. Anonymous Content's Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown will also be credited as exec producers.

'True Detective': 'Selma' Actress Carmen Ejogo to Star Opposite Mahershala Ali in Season 3

Watch the Extended Trailer for AGENTS OF SHIELD Season 5

Get a look at what’s to come this season, as Coulson and the team find themselves stranded in space with new friends and new foes! Don't miss the two-hour premiere at its new night Friday, December 1, 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC!

CRISIS ON EARTH-X Trailer Reveals The CW's 2017 Superhero Crossover

The 2-night crossover event, Crisis on Earth-X, begins Monday, November 27 at 8/7c on The CW.

Someone needs to tell Jordan Peele they already did a reboot of The Twilight Zone, it's called Black Mirror

Someone needs to tell Jordan Peele they already did a reboot of The Twilight Zone, it's called Black Mirror

A lot of people are saying that, but I'm not sure I see it that way.

From an article I read recently:

Black Mirror is almost entirely based on anxieties about the tech era. In the first episode, “National Anthem,” the British prime minister is forced to do a terrible, terrible thing with a live pig in a live-stream broadcast to prevent a kidnapper from harming a much-loved royal figure. He’s forced to do it through technology — leaking of the original ransom video, dispersal through social networks, widely stated public opinion, the ability to capture and broadcast every moment and the subsequent inability to “fake” the kidnapper’s demands. The tech that Black Mirror employs is often not quite science fiction, as much of it is based on current technologies. However, technology is almost always pivotal to the plot.

In contrast, when the The Twilight Zone made a point about the world moving toward some fearsome conclusion, it was almost never based on any possible future technology. Take, for example, the classic episode “Midnight Sun.” It’s not global warming or the increased destructiveness of humans that’s making the Earth hot and uninhabitable. Instead, the Earth fell out of orbit. In the episode “The Obsolete Man,” the death of a man obsessed with God and books in a totalitarian state is to be broadcast live — a plot twist not unlike what we’d find in Black Mirror — but the enemy is not the possibility of the broadcast as much as the possibility of the state adopting thoughtless cruelty. The futures of The Twilight Zone are as much “what ifs” as those of Black Mirror, but the latter focuses on technology in a way that even the post-Hiroshima world of sci-fi often couldn’t imagine.​

A lot of people are saying that, but I'm not sure I see it that way.

From an article I read recently:

Black Mirror is almost entirely based on anxieties about the tech era. In the first episode, “National Anthem,” the British prime minister is forced to do a terrible, terrible thing with a live pig in a live-stream broadcast to prevent a kidnapper from harming a much-loved royal figure. He’s forced to do it through technology — leaking of the original ransom video, dispersal through social networks, widely stated public opinion, the ability to capture and broadcast every moment and the subsequent inability to “fake” the kidnapper’s demands. The tech that Black Mirror employs is often not quite science fiction, as much of it is based on current technologies. However, technology is almost always pivotal to the plot.

In contrast, when the The Twilight Zone made a point about the world moving toward some fearsome conclusion, it was almost never based on any possible future technology. Take, for example, the classic episode “Midnight Sun.” It’s not global warming or the increased destructiveness of humans that’s making the Earth hot and uninhabitable. Instead, the Earth fell out of orbit. In the episode “The Obsolete Man,” the death of a man obsessed with God and books in a totalitarian state is to be broadcast live — a plot twist not unlike what we’d find in Black Mirror — but the enemy is not the possibility of the broadcast as much as the possibility of the state adopting thoughtless cruelty. The futures of The Twilight Zone are as much “what ifs” as those of Black Mirror, but the latter focuses on technology in a way that even the post-Hiroshima world of sci-fi often couldn’t imagine.​

Oh for sure, Black Mirror is specific to the dangers of our over-indulgences in tech. The very title, I assume anyways, refers to the screens we are so used to staring at now, and have staring at us all the time, on our phones, computers & TVs.

I just loooooooove The Twilight Zone, and format-wise, there are a lot of similarities. The anthology style, the Aesop's Fables-esque morality lessons every episode, the focus on people's flawed nature, etc. I think Rod Serling would have loved the fuck out of this show.

IT'S TIME!

Watching s2 stranger things

Forking Good News, Benches: THE GOOD PLACE Renewed for Season 3

Why the hell is Blondie the only one who is tied to the spores?

Shouldn't they have multiple crew members sharing the burden?

Why the hell is Blondie the only one who is tied to the spores?

Shouldn't they have multiple crew members sharing the burden?

Because the Federation has a massive bug up its collective butt about genetic engineering and eugenics.

The kind of genetic manipulation necessary to connect the guy to the spores would've landed everyone involved in jail if there weren't in a war. They outright stated in the episode where he did it that it was massively illegal.

I would go as far a speculating that if they hadn't let the tardigrade go, the Starfleet brass would've still thrown his ass in jail, but now they need him to operate their secret weapon.

So found on the spotify app for windows if you listen to the Stranger Things soundtrack this shows up

First 3 episodes of Marvel's Runaways was pretty good. Really liked the first 20 minutes of the first episode. Best part is even though this is a YA type of show, it doesn't feel contrived and cheesy like The CW shows.

First episode of Godless was also pretty good. Series has strong potential.

Idk

Stranger things season 2 was good
But i preferred the first season
Last few episodes of s2 made it good
First few were not all that

The Punisher was damn solid. The persian chick was awful though.

Gonna start daredevil now

Because the Federation has a massive bug up its collective butt about genetic engineering and eugenics.

The kind of genetic manipulation necessary to connect the guy to the spores would've landed everyone involved in jail if there weren't in a war. They outright stated in the episode where he did it that it was massively illegal.

I would go as far a speculating that if they hadn't let the tardigrade go, the Starfleet brass would've still thrown his ass in jail, but now they need him to operate their secret weapon.
Still, in knowing just how much strain it puts whoever is connected to the tardigrade, Cap should take any and all volunteers to work rotating shifts.

They have almost unlimited immunity from normal Starfleet law, plus an entire team who is already accessories to the "crime", so they might as well go all in anyway.

First 3 episodes of Marvel's Runaways was pretty good. Really liked the first 20 minutes of the first episode. Best part is even though this is a YA type of show, it doesn't feel contrived and cheesy like The CW shows.

First episode of Godless was also pretty good. Series has strong potential.
You liked it? I'm surprised.

It's not really gripping me. The younger actors are actually putting forth more convincing efforts than the older ones, but they still can't hold this up for me.

As soon as I realized that this is the show with the Iron Fist showrunner, my immediate reaction was "Ohhhhhh....".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back