Persona 5

Glad to see this thread bumped up. Persona 5 is easily my #2 GOTY right after Breath of the Wild. I put in a LOT of time on it this year. 2 playthroughs, around 200 hours of playtime. Managed to get the platinum on it which felt rewarding. Loved every minute of this game. Still listen to the OST from time to time. ATLUS really knocked it out of the park on this one.

So, is it even worth fusing personas? It all just seems like a matter of convenience, more than anything. Can't say I notice too big of a difference even with the bonus stats. Don't mind having all the skills more condensed, but it's really not a big deal. I like doing it. It's a nice break going to that area, and looks cool, but ehhh, what's the big deal? I suppose it'll be more worth it when my links are a little stronger.

Just opened up the side mission area. Was wondering when I was getting that car in all the videos. Now, do you have to actually get the quests in the real world, or will you just eventually run into them if you just keep going further into the dungeon? For instance, I did that bully request, and then he told me about another bully, but it didn't show up in my quest log. Do I have to get it outside, or can I just beat him in the dungeon, and have it automatically complete when I trigger it in the real world?

So, is it even worth fusing personas? It all just seems like a matter of convenience, more than anything. Can't say I notice too big of a difference even with the bonus stats. Don't mind having all the skills more condensed, but it's really not a big deal. I like doing it. It's a nice break going to that area, and looks cool, but ehhh, what's the big deal? I suppose it'll be more worth it when my links are a little stronger.

Just opened up the side mission area. Was wondering when I was getting that car in all the videos. Now, do you have to actually get the quests in the real world, or will you just eventually run into them if you just keep going further into the dungeon? For instance, I did that bully request, and then he told me about another bully, but it didn't show up in my quest log. Do I have to get it outside, or can I just beat him in the dungeon, and have it automatically complete when I trigger it in the real world?

1. Persona fusing is very much worth it. As the game progresses enemies will get a lot tougher and you'll want/need stronger personas to give you an edge in battle. Fused personas also have much better attacks and passive skills. For example Satanael (the strongest persona you can fuse) has a passive ability that completely restores your HP and SP after each battle. Also nullifies damage from every attack type besides almighty. As you continue to fuse you'll make personas that have little to no weaknesses or resistances to attack types which really helps.

2. For the most part Mementos requests pop up from your Moon confidant. A few here and there require you to work one of the 3 jobs multiple times before you get them. Some also pop up quicker if you have whatever dungeon you're on completed.

I didn't do a lot of persona fusing here and there but rarely. I know one of you social confidants if maxed out will give you the ability to create persona's that are higher level than you are which is worth it if you can get it. I think you have to max out those twin girls. By the time I realized this I was to far a long to do it.

My main goal with persona's was to make sure I had every single ability at my disposal so I could hit the enemies weakness. So I tried to have fire,water,electricity,radiation, holy, dark, etc.

I didn't do a lot of persona fusing here and there but rarely. I know one of you social confidants if maxed out will give you the ability to create persona's that are higher level than you are which is worth it if you can get it. I think you have to max out those twin girls. By the time I realized this I was to far a long to do it.

My main goal with persona's was to make sure I had every single ability at my disposal so I could hit the enemies weakness. So I tried to have fire,water,electricity,radiation, holy, dark, etc.

I played my second playthrough on hard mode and you definitely need high level personas pretty early on to survive. Luckily it was a NG+ so I had all my money and weapons which helped make fights pretty even. The higher level personas can give you resistances or immunity to most attack types which is key, since you get a game over if your main character dies in battle.

1. Persona fusing is very much worth it. As the game progresses enemies will get a lot tougher and you'll want/need stronger personas to give you an edge in battle. Fused personas also have much better attacks and passive skills. For example Satanael (the strongest persona you can fuse) has a passive ability that completely restores your HP and SP after each battle. Also nullifies damage from every attack type besides almighty. As you continue to fuse you'll make personas that have little to no weaknesses or resistances to attack types which really helps.

Another question:

What's with the level restrictions on making Personas? Does that open up? I want to make more powerful guys, but I'm always stuck making ones on my level, that I can just capture on the stage I'm on. It's just a little weird that the game taunts you with level 48 personas, when you're at level 14. It's like, why are you even showing me that I have the personas to make this other guy, if you're not going to let me do it?

I just got a skill that lets me fuse more than two personas, but Christ, all the potential guys I can make, are WAY above my level, so it's kind of pointless.

Another question:

What's with the level restrictions on making Personas? Does that open up? I want to make more powerful guys, but I'm always stuck making ones on my level, that I can just capture on the stage I'm on. It's just a little weird that the game taunts you with level 48 personas, when you're at level 14. It's like, why are you even showing me that I have the personas to make this other guy, if you're not going to let me do it?

I just got a skill that lets me fuse more than two personas, but Christ, all the potential guys I can make, are WAY above my level, so it's kind of pointless.

Once you strengthen a certain confidant (The twins I believe) you'll get an ability to fuse personas that are a higher level than you are. The way to strengthen their confidant level is to show them certain personas with certain moves. I recommend looking these up since a few can be tricky to make. But worth it in the long run.

Once you strengthen a certain confidant (The twins I believe) you'll get an ability to fuse personas that are a higher level than you are. The way to strengthen their confidant level is to show them certain personas with certain moves. I recommend looking these up since a few can be tricky to make. But worth it in the long run.

Ah', so it is a skill they give out. Figured. The order they dole out some of the skills in the game, is a little odd. You'd think that one would come before the ability to make high level personas. Ah' well. Loving the game regardless. A little too talky at times(the mission intros are essentially hour long cut scenes/dialogue), but once it sets you loose, it's pretty damn addictive. Like someone else suggested, I'm grinding the shit out of this museum level, so I can have the rest of the days to fuck around in the real world. Think that's the most ideal way to do it.

Ah', so it is a skill they give out. Figured. The order they dole out some of the skills in the game, is a little odd. You'd think that one would come before the ability to make high level personas. Ah' well. Loving the game regardless. A little too talky at times(the mission intros are essentially hour long cut scenes/dialogue), but once it sets you loose, it's pretty damn addictive. Like someone else suggested, I'm grinding the shit out of this museum level, so I can have the rest of the days to fuck around in the real world. Think that's the most ideal way to do it.

Yea my one complaint is to Much dialogue but I like story rich games so I didn’t mind it as much as I’m sure others would. As the story progresses and gets more interesting you mind it less and less.

Progress report:

About 50 hours in. Just beat the Mafia boss dude. Probably the weakest palace so far, and the boss fight sucked. Not very creative. It didn't have any unique areas, and felt like a plain old corridor dungeon. Thankfully it was really short, though. I'm now waiting for the deadline, to see what this dude does.

Got my Death confidant up to level 7, so I could grab those SP accessories. My other top confidants are the politician, the website dude, and most of the party. The newer folks are a bit low, as well as the maid and reporter. Met the psychic, but haven't got her card yet. I am getting a little hung up with some things, because of the social stats not being high enough for certain things. They upgrade so incredibly slow, and it's hard to really concentrate on buffing specific ones, because you're always getting called and distracted to do other things, and some events aren't all that clear on how big of an upgrade you'll get. There are certain days and weather that effects items and stat boosts, and it's hard to really keep track of it all, without looking up a guide and being led by the hand. It's nothing all that bothersome, as I haven't run into any big roadblocks yet, but I wish the game gave you more than two activities to do a day, so you could progress at a better clip, and not feel like you wasted a day.

All in all though, still having a blast with it. The story is slowly coming around, and getting a little more interesting with each boss. The mystery about the identity of the guy in the black mask is cool. I think I know who it is, but I'm not certain.

Onto the next 50 hours or so...

I finally beat Persona 5 this past weekend. I think I logged in 108 hours of playtime. I managed to get most of the Confidant ranks maxed out, except for Devil, Fortune, Tower, and Empress. I didn't like how the Empress link was locked behind max proficiency. This was a damn good game, and maybe I'll try New Game + out in another year or so.

I liked a lot of the cast more than the Persona 3 or 4 cast as well. They also did a better job making each Confidant useful, so you have more of a reason to max them out than in other games. I'm hoping we'll see a Persona 5 Arena announced as well, within the next year or so.

I'm really enjoying this, 30 hours in, i've never really played a game like it before. My only problem is that it feels like the games on rails 70% of the time. Does it ever really open up? I sick of that stupid cat telling me to go to bed whenever i try to do something lol.

get level 10 Arcana with your teacher and bang her. afterwards you can call her before bed, shell give u a massage, which gives u the energy to go out and do something before you go to sleep

yes im serious lol

Lmao i thought you joking until i looked it up, this game is fucked up.

Don't have her as a confidant yet, i'm only on the 2nd palace.

I'm really enjoying this, 30 hours in, i've never really played a game like it before. My only problem is that it feels like the games on rails 70% of the time. Does it ever really open up? I sick of that stupid cat telling me to go to bed whenever i try to do something lol.

It does, and you'll get some extra time to do things, depending on who you have stronger bonds with, but the formula pretty much remains the same throughout.

When I think back to my time with it(haven't beaten it yet), the most glaring thing that sticks out to me, and why the game is so damn long, is that you spend about 50% of the time just scrolling through dialogue. Literally half the game is just reading, where you're just sitting back and hitting the "X" button. It's not a deal breaker or anything, but I did find some of it a little redundant after a while. Not so much the story bits(although the introduction to each new target takes forever), but little things, like everyday you get a message of "do you want to go to the palace today?". Then during certain conversations, some characters just won't shut up and let you get on with it. There are so many times in the game, where I was thinking "Okay, I got it. Shut up now." It's like every character has to chime in on the most basic shit, and repeat the same points.

I gotta get back to this game though. Gave it a break after about 75 hours. I always end up doing that with long ass RPG's, and then I go back and I'm all confused at what the hell's going on.

Ive just got to the first save room in the yakuza bosses palace, the difficulty has ramped up big time in this palace compared to the last 2.

Can anyone tell me how far i am in the game(without spoilers) i'd really like to finish this before Monster Hunter releases.

When I think back to my time with it(haven't beaten it yet), the most glaring thing that sticks out to me, and why the game is so damn long, is that you spend about 50% of the time just scrolling through dialogue. Literally half the game is just reading, where you're just sitting back and hitting the "X" button. It's not a deal breaker or anything, but I did find some of it a little redundant after a while. Not so much the story bits(although the introduction to each new target takes forever), but little things, like everyday you get a message of "do you want to go to the palace today?". Then during certain conversations, some characters just won't shut up and let you get on with it. There are so many times in the game, where I was thinking "Okay, I got it. Shut up now." It's like every character has to chime in on the most basic shit, and repeat the same points.

Fuck i know the feeling, the dialogue is incredibly grating at times, they explain the same stuff over and over again. I've recently started fast forwarding some of it.

Ive just got to the first save room in the yakuza bosses palace, the difficulty has ramped up big time in this palace compared to the last 2.

Can anyone tell me how far i am in the game(without spoilers) i'd really like to finish this before Monster Hunter releases.

Given what I've gathered, and the 100+ hour length being no joke, I'd say you're around 40-45%-ish complete. .

It's a looong ass game. That palace seems like ages ago for me, and I think I've still got a good chunk to play through.

Given what I've gathered, and the 100+ hour length being no joke, I'd say you're around 40-45%-ish complete. .

It's a looong ass game. That palace seems like ages ago for me, and I think I've still got a good chunk to play through.

Thanks

Looks like i have no chance of finishing before Monster Hunter releases since it's out on the 28th. I'll give it a try though.

Any word on a possible Switch release? I dont really feel like hooking uo my PS3 lol

Back