Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd recommend Coco I definitely wouldn't recommend Jl to any of my friends

BS.. that's why Snyder like some petition for his version of the movie.

No way he isn't mad that he was removed and he didn't have final cut on his own movie and vision.
If I remember correctly, Snyder left because of family issues. He wasn’t removed.

If I remember correctly, Snyder left because of family issues. He wasn’t removed.

Sure.. he needed some time off but don't tell me he didn't want to come back. He was doing movies with his friends in his garage or something he was ready to work again but WB jumped at the opportunity to work around him.

I seriously doubted he wanted to come back soon after his daughter’s suicide. He tried to work through it for a couple of months and decided the time was best spent with his family.

the retention was quite a bit better than expected. This could mean the movie will have better legs than anybody would have thought given the reviews.
You didn't factor in that JL's 2nd week fell into the lucrative Thanksgiving weekend. That's one of the biggest reasons why its 2nd weekend wasn't as bad as BvS or Suicide Squad.

I thought it was a decent movie. Not as good as Wonder Woman but wayyyy better than Batman vs. Superman. Two main flaws were the villain wasn't threatening enough and Superman still isn't an interesting character. Gotta give them props for making Aquaman cool, something other portrayals have failed to do.

Hopefully WB can take this as a lesson.

This generic straight to DVD movie will eventually be forgotten and we'll look back and talk about how was this even made.

I just finished watching Batman Returns, it made me realize how a movie can be "timeless", the epicness from the pace, to the dialogue, chemistry, connection, plot, metaphors and the score.

The same can be done for JL

WB needs to get their shit together.

Just watched Thor Ragno last night.....HOLY CRAP, does it make JL look like the biggest POS movie.

Seriously Superman should have been the bad guy for 85% of the movie. His idea was perfect.

Steppenwolf was a complete joke compared to the several minutes where Superman views them as enemies. They should've ran with that.

You didn't factor in that JL's 2nd week fell into the lucrative Thanksgiving weekend. That's one of the biggest reasons why its 2nd weekend wasn't as bad as BvS or Suicide Squad.
It was also opposed by the opening of a Pixar film which should have a good bit of audience overlap. Also, Thanksgiving isn't nearly the moneymaker you're implying. The highest grossing Thanksgiving opening weekend of all time is just $67mil. And all but one of the top ten is a Disney/Pixar movie, so it's not like it's a well established weekend where superheroes pull in big numbers. I honestly don't think that Thanksgiving added 10-15% points onto this performance.

Last edited:
Fortunately there are no major releases to pull viewers until SW arrives on the 15th. With decent holds they might be able to salvage some of the lost BO dollars.

all in for the people saying DC Comics are a better than Marvel, so are there animated films...

owie for the rest

Word on the street is Kevin Tsujihara will be gone soon. Not surprising.

It was also opposed by the opening of a Pixar film which should have a good bit of audience overlap. Also, Thanksgiving isn't nearly the moneymaker you're implying. The highest grossing Thanksgiving opening weekend of all time is just $67mil. And all but one of the top ten is a Disney/Pixar movie, so it's not like it's a well established weekend where superheroes pull in big numbers. I honestly don't think that Thanksgiving added 10-15% points onto this performance.

exactly....

the word of mouth is much much better than ss or bvs, the drop off isn't bad at all; its actually outperforming what you would expect based on how it opened...

i think the legs will carry it further and it makes more than expected after that vicious opening weekend...

The important thing is @Skulli was thoroughly entertained

Well done DC!

The important thing is @Skulli was thoroughly entertained

Well done DC!

To be honest i kept dozing of watching Thor, was just so fucking stupid. Slapstick Humor and all. The Thor stooges.

JL was the ass kicking it should be. Supe would own all those Marvel ferries.

enjoyed the movie. Rumor is that WB knows they fked up regarding the Snyder cut, and might make an announcement this week regarding the cuts. Blu-Ray offering or re-release of JL the Snyder Cut. One of the things that irked me personally was excluding supes from the marketing. Yeah, he was dead but it was a given he was going to be brought back. I think visually not seeing him in the line up affected optics going into the movie.

Justice-League-posters-Superman-2-600x200.jpg

Above looks more complete and awesome. That should have been the poster and promo material from the start.

Also, I think there's a good chance JL rebounds to # 1 this weekend. It's pretty much lame ducking into Star Wars, and that Coco pic played well with the front loaded hispanic audiences.

enjoyed the movie. Rumor is that WB knows they fked up regarding the Snyder cut, and might make an announcement this week regarding the cuts. Blu-Ray offering or re-release of JL the Snyder Cut.
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/135970233/
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/136112019/

One of the things that irked me personally was excluding supes from the marketing. Yeah, he was dead but it was a given he was going to be brought back. I think visually not seeing him in the line up affected optics going into the movie.

Justice-League-posters-Superman-2-600x200.jpg

Above looks more complete and awesome. That should have been the poster and promo material from the start.
Ah, Reason #6.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/3662821/

Also, I think there's a good chance JL rebounds to # 1 this weekend. It's pretty much lame ducking into Star Wars, and that Coco pic played well with the front loaded hispanic audiences.
I predict Coco will still win at the box office this weekend.

I predict Coco will still win at the box office this weekend.
I agree, but I think it could be quite close, maybe within just a couple million. Weekend three retention numbers are usually quite a bit better than weekend two retention (the median is about 10% points better, at least for superhero flicks, I don't have detailed stats for animation). So JL will probably come in somewhere in the 20-24mil range and Coco will probably be in the 22-28mil range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back