VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

I don't like the Ivar character. He's a mama's boy who has temper tantrums. He also isn't very realistic considering his disability. I have a feeling he's going to overcome this season though because history indicates that the real Ivar actually ruled for a period of time.

Last edited:
Two and a half hours of commercials briefly interrupted for some scenes from Vikings?

My prediction: Floki becomes the first Viking to discover North America.

nah, GOT already did that

It looks like Ubbe is getting some second thoughts about being a raider.

Not down his throat, they didn't

For a second there, I thought we were going to get three straight hours of Vikings. The first and second episodes were merged together in that first two hours.

Wasn't a huge fan of the last season. That trailer was great though, but it just doesn't feel the same without Ragnar. Hopefully Rollo comes back at some point but I doubt it.

I stopped watching after ragnars death. Started watching last kingdom instead but lost track on it too.

Really starting to like the ruthlessness of Haralds character.

Not down his throat, they didn't

For a second there, I thought we were going to get three straight hours of Vikings. The first and second episodes were merged together in that first two hours.

Ya, that was gnarly!! Is there no love for the Vikings show on these forums? We have like 2-3 posts about the new episode. I thought it was a good setup for the season.

Basically showing how the brothers are splitting up a bit. We'll have multiple story lines obviously. I'm guessing they'll all end up back together at some point though. We have 19 more episodes right?

I don't know if Floki will be back with the crew. I'll miss seeing him fight if he's gone for good.

I stopped watching after ragnars death. Started watching last kingdom instead but lost track on it too.

Last Kingdom is a really enjoyable show.

Found the season opener to be pretty solid. Not sure where they are going with it but I'm intrigued thus far.

Ya, that was gnarly!! Is there no love for the Vikings show on these forums? We have like 2-3 posts about the new episode. I thought it was a good setup for the season.

Basically showing how the brothers are splitting up a bit. We'll have multiple story lines obviously. I'm guessing they'll all end up back together at some point though. We have 19 more episodes right?

I don't know if Floki will be back with the crew. I'll miss seeing him fight if he's gone for good.

I suspect Vikings being commercial filled takes some of the enjoyment out of it. It certainly does for me.

I think they said 10 more episodes in the cast discussion prior to the show.

I was surprised that Lagertha let Harald live. She usually doesn't let people live who try to plot against her.

No Ragnar = no show

Also last kingdom is amazing

I suspect Vikings being commercial filled takes some of the enjoyment out of it. It certainly does for me.

I was surprised that Lagertha let Harald live. She usually doesn't let people live who try to plot against her.

I DVR'd it so skipped the crazy amount of commercials.

It looks like "Season 5" is actually broken up into 2 seasons, similar to Season 4. Each "half" will be 10 episodes like you mentioned.

And I was surprised that she let him go too. Based on the show I figured she would b/c I assumed he plays a big role this seasons. But based on Legartha in the past she would have killed him. The only thing I could think is that she eventually wanted to make a deal of some sort with him or an alliance to attack England and France.

And what's up with capturing him and posting a few guards?? Harald came with 3 SHIP!! full of Viking badass warriors! She didn't think they'd try to break him free?

I DVR'd it so skipped the crazy amount of commercials.

It looks like "Season 5" is actually broken up into 2 seasons, similar to Season 4. Each "half" will be 10 episodes like you mentioned.

And I was surprised that she let him go too. Based on the show I figured she would b/c I assumed he plays a big role this seasons. But based on Legartha in the past she would have killed him. The only thing I could think is that she eventually wanted to make a deal of some sort with him or an alliance to attack England and France.

And what's up with capturing him and posting a few guards?? Harald came with 3 SHIP!! full of Viking badass warriors! She didn't think they'd try to break him free?

I might have to start recording it too.

The Viking way to guard someone would be to have guards in the room with him to kill him if someone tries to get in.

Season 5 is split into two segments of 10 episodes. There will be a break between the first 10 episodes of the season and the last 10 episodes of the season. We saw the first two episodes last night, which means we have 18 episodes left.

Season 5 is split into two segments of 10 episodes. There will be a break between the first 10 episodes of the season and the last 10 episodes of the season. We saw the first two episodes last night, which means we have 18 episodes left.

The articles I read as of like July claimed that there would be a Season 6. The feeling I'm getting from this thread is that this Season is it. So are there 18 episodes left for the entire series? Did they cancel season 6 or just call season 5/6 to be 5a and 5b?

The articles I read as of like July claimed that there would be a Season 6. The feeling I'm getting from this thread is that this Season is it. So are there 18 episodes left for the entire series? Did they cancel season 6 or just call season 5/6 to be 5a and 5b?

It's all basically semantics. There are 18 total episodes left in the entire series.

Season 6 is 20 episodes long with a lengthy break inbetween episodes 10 and 11.

Season 1 was only 9 episodes long.
Season 2 was 10 episodes long.
Season 3 was 10 episodes long.
Season 4 was 20 episodes long (with a 5 month break inbetween episodes 10 and 11)
Season 5 is also 20 episodes long (with a break of an undefined period of time inbetween episodes 10 and 11)

You could look at the whole series as really being 7 seasons instead of only 5 (since the last two seasons are double the length of the first 3 seasons), but either way there are only 18 total episodes left.

Last edited:
Back